Hazmasters Inc

Hazmasters Inc Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Management is confused on how to run a company. Inexperienced people given jobs they were clearly not ready to do. Gaslighting company for sure. Promises of advancements with no intent to follow through. But will use you for your skills and knowledge. Sadly great staff to work with on the inside, just managed/micromanaged into the ground. You're either corporate or you're out. Sad to see a family feeling business turn into a bottom line business.
If they could find away to save a dollar and get more work out of you they would do it , they found a loop hole with breaks and managed to add an extra 30 min to the work day , very classy
They over work the little staff they have, and don’t like the truth. You are there 9 hours get paid for 8, which means they don’t pay for any breaks . Benefits cost way to much ( more than if you were to purchase it on your own) at least double
Bon employeur
Sécurité d’emploi

Expérience de travail enrichissant
The Hazmasters Ajax Management conspired against all staff to protect their mismanagement and coverup bad behaviours, discriminations and harassments.
The management at Hazmasters allows the company to be a toxic environment with bad behaviours, discriminations and harassments and they will terminate any whistle blowers! This is 100% true fact!
Beat you down ,always pushing for more ,no sales tools provided to succeed. Don't like to pay commission .
Negative work environment , lots of Bully's and clicks . If you are new they treat you terribly

This company needs better Leadership
Had a good position but I was pulled in 100 different directions with little support. Expect a lot of a person. Good training and pay but the location I worked on meant walking on egg shells
Good pay, good operations manager and branch manager at the time. Many personable and fun coworkers. Employer had interest in improving employee comfort at work and had a willingness to be flexible. That said, there were issues with conflict resolution.
had a good working relationship with my coworkers. I remember the first day i started working with the company. i was able to learn the software used for there shipping and receiving procedures. The company is small but mighty.
Pros
free stampede tickets and lunch
Fun place to work, good work culture, supportive management, fast paced environment. Good work ethics and positive work culture.
Average salaries, decent benefits.
Picking of orders and keeping warehouse in good shape. Adaptable and reliable as work situation can change depending on the volume of orders and the urgency of needing the orders picked.
A typical day for me was to travel the whole week visiting customers doing inspections and consultations. The reason was to make sure job sites were up to safety standards to make their surroundings a safe and workable environment. over the course of the last two years I learned the importance of customer relations to build trust with clients and be up front and honest about products and services offered.
We worked in a team environment from distribution, sales, and training to provide the best customer service possible.

The hardest part of my job was keeping up to date with all the safety requirements for each province.

The most enjoyable part was the travelling and meeting new customers building relationships.
Pros
over night travel seeing the maritime provinces and meeting new people.
I worked for Hazmasters for a few months, the job was not what I expected to be doing after the interview process. In an effort to save money the company let their delivery driver go and that meant that as the repair technician it was my job to not just do repairs, on site testing and on site repairs but to also fit in deliveries in a busy schedule. If you took lunches (1hr which was in my contract) you were expected to work over them. I was constantly sent out for deliveries hours away towards the end of my work day so that I was now working past my allotted hours and I never received payment for that time.
Pros
Occassionally Free Meals, Decent Hours
Cons
Hard to get time off, meal breaks can be missed, sending you two hours out of your way for a delivery when you have an hour left to work was common
- Take orders
- Managed accounts

- Quoted customers on products

- Worked with all males in the office staff

- Trained new employees

- work with P21 and TDF software

- Hardest part of the job is communitcation with outside sales rep

- Most enjoyable part is the dynamic within the office staff.

Pros
Large lunch room
Cons
long hours, far from home and a hours lunch which I dont need.
Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment