Hays Employee Reviews

Needs more care
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2017
My first recruiter found me on Indeed and he was absolutely fantastic, he was promoted to another department and since then I rarely hear from them at all.

My last posting would have been a bit better had they given a heads up that the Employer required for us to bring certain implements with us in order to carry out the job described.

The rate of pay is fantastic, the recruiters are nice to deal with, but would like to hear from them more often.
Productive workplace with amazing workers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
Great place to work at, especially as someone who just recently finished school. Mentors who will provide you with all the resources and knowledge to make you succeed. You are making calls all day, but they're to candidates looking for jobs so they aren't as difficult as sales calls. Management was structured well and there was opportunities for advancement. Hays was able to pull off the relaxed and non-competitive sales environment, while still able to push their employees to work hard. You make what you work, more time put in = more money.
Pros
Outstanding co-workers, great work, amazing benefits
Cons
N/a
Hays is Awesome
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
I worked for Hays on an 8 month contract and found the company to be absolutely wonderful in all aspects. I would recommend Hays Recruitment any time.
Pros
Excellent company
Run!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 April 2017
I came in to this role extremely optimistic and was up front that during my first 30 days I truly will need some hand holding until I acclimate. The good, they are trying to create a culture. The bad, micro managers, management who have the role because no one else wanted to stay, the pay, they expect overtime with your small salary, watch your back here, it's each man on his own here, no sense of team work, k that's enough.
Pros
Cons
Middle Management, work life balance, pay, cut throat, etc.
Unexperienced and not professional.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2016
They are too young and not experienced or professional. They ruin your reputation that you'very worked hard at maintaining. They never call you back, do not support you and your goals, treat you poorly.
Great company
Recruitment Consultant - IT / Office Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Loved working here, it has a great corporate culture, lots of fun events and team building as well. Detailed plan on how to move up in the company as well, with very competitive salaries and managers who actually care about your success
They are Extremely unprofessional
Recruter (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 April 2015
Most of those people are Uneducated and unprofessional , and they will ruin your name, your resume, and your reputation.
It's better to apply by yourself rather than giving them an authority to use your name in (on your behalf)
Cons
They only companies they are working with, are cheap companies
Could be worse, but not much
building operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 July 2014
-no communication
-pay not the best
-downtown locations are a pain to get to and no parking
-people were ok to work with
Pros
gaining experience for the next job
Cons
everything else
on the Richter Scale of bad
Property (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 July 2014
-seldom call job seekers

-fail to recognize talent

-make value judgements without proper understanding
Uninformed with Client Requirements
Plant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 February 2014
They offered a great posting however had no idea of the hours and need for transportation.
When my attempts to make arrangements to accomodate client requirements that they had no idea of called me unprofessional and refused to deal further with me. Look for a reputable temp agency who talks to the client.
Pros
Temp to Perm
Cons
No Info
Very rude and terrible at communication
Business Support (Former Employee) –  Sydney23 December 2013
I attempted to get through to them by phone and email, I was unsuccessful and because they weren't bothered to return my calls and email. Will avoid them from now on. Besides all that, I was employed through them before, I was paying 35% of my income as tax...
job seeker
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON19 June 2013
If you don't have enough experience, they won't accept you. Choice is very limited.
Pros
temp agency
Cons
lack of opportunities
Finance Recruiting Calgary
Contractor- accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 April 2013
They don't even bother to return my calls or emails on leads. They have such poor attitude ... unprofessional bunch. When you get through to them to ask questions, it's like you are bothering them. Worst experience working with recruiters in the Calgary market. I guess it depends also on the recruiters, the ones I dealt with previously were good, not the current ones. Stay away if you can...
Pros
Not much- great website
Cons
Very unprofessional
very good keep me busy
A/P and A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2013
i try to finish much as possible.
Great people. My co-workers and boss are very wonderfull.
Pros
great people
Cons
Untrustworthy inexperienced people are employed by Hays
Management (Former Employee) –  BC20 January 2013
They seem to play games with potential employees. They make accomadations then bacially lie to you over the phone, I highly recommand no using Hays for any job seekers.
Pros
inexperienced employees so no pros
Cons
to many to list