Havenly Employee Review

Misleading Job Opportunity for Interior Designers- Long Hours with Very Low Pay
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO12 June 2019
Advertised as a position for Interior Designers, with opportunities to work from home and flexible hours.
Told you will be paid per client with expectations for how long each client will take.
Presents as a great opportunity as a side job or part-time job for anyone with design skills. They present the job to expect to earn between 1,8000- $3000 a month as a design consultant.
Quickly learn that each client takes far longer than advertised. Including review processes and client revision work.
After one week of working over 60 hours, and 1 full week of unpaid training, I made less than $40.
Requires you to have your own software, and to be available to clients and management 24/7 even if you update the calendar for your working hours.
Positives were that management was available to answer questions quickly through chat.

Other Havenly Employee Reviews

Good Remote Job
E-DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TX4 September 2019
Working for Havenly was fun and creative, and taught me great photoshop skills. Working with clients was (mostly) a breeze, and the scheduling and organizational tools implemented by Havenly are genius, and easy to use. I would recommend Havenly to a close friend. The training is long and a bit intense, but thorough and very necessary since you need to know every detail in order for Havenly to function as a well oiled machine. The one con I had about this job, and this could be my own fault for being a little too picky on FFE specifying, but I worked a LOT more hours than part time. Again, probably just my own fault.
Pros
Working remotely, flexible schedule, creative
High demand with little/no compensation. Run the other way!!
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 August 2019
Horrible company to work for as an Interior Designer. With customer prices being so low, it's the designer that takes the hit, leading to high turnover.
They claim that each project should take around 5 hours total to complete but that is crazy unrealistic, especially if you are trying to do a thoughtful, half-decent project. And this doesn't include speaking with the client and additional revisions or work they might ask for.
Deadline expectations are ridiculous, especially since they ask you to take on way too many clients at once, leading to generic poor designs just so you can keep from drowning in work.

Pay for completed projects is ridiculously low considering the hours put into it. Clients often don't buy from you and when they do, the commission is so low it's not worth the effort.

You are not paid for the training/ required sample projects and you won't receive your paycheck for months after starting. By the time you realize how horrible this gig is, they will have already sucked a few months out of your life and then they will move on to the next unknowing designer.
Pros
Work from home. People are quick to respond to questions on Slack. Not responsible for ordering.
Cons
Extremely Overworked, Horrible pay, No benefits, Unsteady paycheck, Only paid monthly, Need to provide own Photoshop