Havenly Employee Reviews

Fun Job, but Low Pay
Online Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Remote2 August 2019
If you enjoy creating spaces and making clients happy, but money is not your highest priority, then this is the job for you. Expect to spend a lot of your day working on multiple projects and even responding to client messages on weekends. One great feature about this job is community with other designers online. If you are looking for a specific product or just need advice for time management, other designers are more than willing to help out. The interview process was fairly simple. They first have you do a sample project and based on how well you do they then set up a phone interview. After they offer you the position, you go through a couple weeks of on-boarding, which consists of reading through lessons and doing practice projects. My advice, if you are interested in this position, is to have great time management skills or you will feel overwhelmed!
Lots of flexibility - low pay
Online Designer (Former Employee) –  Remote7 January 2019
Havenly is a great place to work if you thrive on flexibility and you love working remote or independently. They also have an awesome mentorship program and lots of training tools. However, the pay is abnormally low for a contract designer and they have unrealistic expectations for projects.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
Embarassing to work for
Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 August 2018
They are embarrassing to work for. They will not allow designers to make real 3D renderings, even though we have the skills. Instead, they make us do 2D collages and call them 3D renderings. This is totally against industry standards. I pray that no potential clients or employers see my work on their site. Luckily, we are not allowed to give our last name, because god forbid clients or employers contact us directly and actually pay us a decent wage, instead of the pittance Havenly gives us.
Pros
they don't let us give our last names on the site, so your reputation won't be completely ruined by the subpar work they require us to do, the work is easy since it's so below industry standards
Cons
low pay, under minimum wage, unpaid time, misclassification, embarassing, actively supresses talent