Hatts Off Inc. logo

Hatts Off Inc. Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.0Pay & benefits

Somewhere to start?

Its a place to start a professional career in child and youth care; though it should be mentioned they hire just about anyone - particularly if you are related to, or sleep with management. Terribly toxic work environment, abundantly clear they do not care for their employees or children. Very much a clique in management, you have to snake your way in if you want to move up the company ladder. Some programs are better than others. Some people are too.Just be ready to do absolutely all the work with little to no training, and no support from management.If you love your work and the children you work with, it is rewarding, and can be enjoyable. I advise you to seek employment elsewhere if possible.

Pros

Free Food, Casual Dress, Free Activities and Events, Decent Benefits, Somewhat Relaxed Environment, 7 Days on 7 Days Off Schedule

Cons

Terrible Management, Appalling Pay

Bad pay and scam you for hours they want you certified but you pay and your free time and gas

Not paid for 6 weeks before first pay. NO raises minimum wage. Required First Aid CPR you pay you do NOT get paid to get recertified. Required to have UMAB 8 hrs UNPAID each yr Hamilton/Cambridge. YOU PAY GAS TRAVEL. If you work extra hours .They change your hours on you back to 8 hours. Management changes it back to 8 hours EVEN WHEN YOU PUT IN notes reasons. your always having to double check and contact management to try to change it . If for example you work 10pm-7am you come 9:45pm -9:55pm they will not pay you for even a second before the hour of your shift ONLY PAY YOU STARTING 10PM-7pm.Not paid a sec before or after and sometimes which program you are at staff show late

Find an agency who cares and pays more

Hatts off does not care about their employees or clients they serve . Long , Stressful hours .. upper management is dishonest and covers things up always. Not a place to be long term . Be careful of burnt out here. If i could give them 0 stars i would. Only worry about themselves not others. If you ask for a raise from your $14 you wont get it for 10 years might as well work at Mc Donalds.

Pros

Good Clients

Cons

Long Hours, Poor upper management, Looks as clients as dollar signs, don’t care about employees, do something wrong they will blame you and do everything to make them look good, Poor Agency

No For this Company!!!

Our Supervisor is so unprofessional! Poor management support, they're covering misconducts of the Supervisors. They only care for money not employees! DON'T APPLY HERE! it's not worth it! low salary with high turnovers!

Pros

free lunch, less aggressive clients

Cons

low salary, stressful environment, unprofessional co-workers, Unequality, Poor Management

Warning new ssws/cyws/cycs

Hatts Off is a terrible place to work. Abusive environment. No staff support. When I first started I had all the intentions to make a difference in the lives of others but this agency tainted that for me.It was here I realized how broken the system was. Not only for the youth that reside here but for the staff as well. I worked here for about 2 years and never received a raise or possibility of a significant advancement. During the initial stages of COVID there were absolutely no precautionary measures made by the agency or Supervisors. It's a lot of work for little pay. Good stepping stone for new SSWs, CYWs and CYCs but wouldn't recommend working here long-term.

Pros

Entry-level job for students

Cons

Abusive environment, no raises, no scheduled breaks, long hours, awake overnight shifts, insupportive staff

Anywhere is better than Hatts Off: A Brutally Honest Review

I am a former Hatts Off employee; both Relief and Full time since 2016 in residential and foster care. I am going to write a balanced review but I will be brutally honest on both sides. First I will say that I am proud of the work I have done working with my clients over the years who I have built some very strong relationships. This was my first job in the field and it was an exciting time for me to get to work in my chosen career. You get to wear many hats (pun intended), like being a parental figure, a counselor, a caregiver, and a mentor. You will spend most of your job "living with the clients" so you will get to know them quite well; What their strengths and challenges are. Most clients are great to work with and you will meet many personalities. The most rewarding moments is when they make that progress. One particular area is when clients and family are able to come together and build better relations. I am grateful to have been able to work with some passionate and dedicated staff who always put the clients first. Even in difficult times, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. Unfortunately although you may have many positive experiences, you are likely to have a lot of negative ones as well. This is based on my experience and yours may be differ completely. You will only be working with one or two people so hope that you get along with them well or your experience will not be pleasant. You will be spending a lot of time with your co workers which you will get to know them very closely. Your chemistry with them may lead to a great experience -

Pros

Build great relationships with clients, Some Great staff, Able to do good work in the field (Depending on the program)

Cons

Poor and unprofessional management and staff, Terrible pay, barebones benefits, Cliques, 35 hour weekends, Underfunded houses, No Union

Understaffed & underpaid

Good for experience but not worth the minimum wage. Very unprofessional, understaffed and stressful environment especially when the staff talk bad about each other. They make you wait for your first pay for about over a month. They make you sleep on couches that were very unsanitary better off sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. No hours. Wouldn’t recommend a long term employment.

Terrible place to work, violent

Terrible place to work. Potentially very violent. Low low pay. For profit agency, very little goes back into program. Sometimes necessary to restrain clients in public where people spit on you. Not a nice or safe place to work.

Pros

I cant think of anything

Cons

long hours, poor pay, dangerous

Poor Management

This Company should pay employees more money for the duities they expect staff to do. Management has poor communication. It takes six weeks to get your first paycheck which no one tells you about. When your short on your pay check they do not sort it out or get back to you. Milage is not paid out in time or at all. Respect is not shown to employees. There are clicks that this company if your not I. The click you will have a hard time in the company.

could be better

it is a okay place to work can be very rewarding at times however the pay is awful!! deal with potentially violent clients but only get paid close to minimum wage

Not a job for just anyone

A lot of your job experience at Hatts Off as a front line worker depends which home you are working at at which kids you are with. You never know what could happen, so it is kept interesting, but it is extremely stressful and the burnout rate is insane so if you can handle this you are a special type of person. Lots of responsibility and despite it's low pay it is a job to be taken seriously.

Pros

Meals provided while on shift

Cons

Long hours, stressful, low pay

Not a good place

Low pay, supervisor not involved with staff or issues. Not a good place to work You work 6 weeks before you even get a pay To travel for certification they do not pay you travel

Cons

low pay, lack of respect from supervisors

Low pay long hours

The pay is just over minimum wage. The policies vary from group home to group home, the kids are great but the staff sometimes treat them as a commodity. It's hard to make the right call at times because it's very unorganized.

Pros

Outings

Cons

Low pay

Stable position, GREAT experience

definitely a starter job if just entering the field. Great experience working with youth with both behaviour and developmental differences. Does not pay well though. But full time works 7 days on 7 days off so pretty much you only work 6 months of the year!

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

Long hours, awful pay

Good people

I work for Hatts Off and think the people are amazing. They give everything to help the kids and each other. The hours are sometimes long when staff is short. They opened new places so you can advance within the company. The pay could be better.

Pros

great people

Cons

pay

Can be a great place to work

Great place to get experience for entry level CYC students. This company does not pay enough for their employees. Between stress at work and stress to pay your bills I find myself easily burnt out.

Pros

Week on week off, lots of room for extra hours, fun activities

Cons

Low pay

love this company and hate the pay lol

Great understanding company when it comes to personal problems and family issues. Usually fairly good support from management however pay compensation is very bad. Not much room for moving up in the field financially

Pros

amazing with family and work balance

Cons

horrible with pay