Hatley Little Blue House

Hatley Little Blue House Employee Reviews

It’s a good place / Just not my cup of tea /managers were great staff was very nice and friendly/it can get really busy so it’s can be pretty fast paced
I love Hatley, it is the only job that I still talk about to my new jobs. I love everyone that I worked with and the management had its ups and downs but the last time I was working, I love my manager. I’d come to work sometimes even though I’m not scheduled to work 😂❤️
Management has a great way to put the blame on the person who leaves or goes on leave. Somehow it's their failing that they couldn't live up to the ridiculous expectations and conditions. Management can't take responsibility for their own problems. They let go of great staff, and keep one who do a poor job, or are unable to fully complete their job and require a great deal of assistance.The owners are misogynist, and fueled by greed. They don't value any ideas, because Intimidation and disrespect arent daily management strategies. Good luck recovering from Covid.
Hatley used to be a great place to work, but their recent handling with COVID has been awful.note:These are set in place by HEAD OFFICE and not the store managers. Examples:-staff are not allowed to ask customers to sanitize-stores are not allowed to post signage regarding capacity limits or rules -head office is rewarding verbally abusive customers who complain with discounts- staff are encouraged not to quarantine tried on items -sales bonuses have been revoked, even though sales are beating last years -they are currently putting more focuses on collecting emails than staff or customer safety -head office employees from QUEBEC are being flown over to ONTARIO to work in close proximity to employees. Employees who express concern are told they are being dramatic. Your staff are overwhelmed, over worked, and under paid and under appreciated. Fix it or you’ll loose more.
Cons
No concern for health and safety of staff
Trash company to work for. Broken promises.Don’t work there, you’ll regret it. Poisonous management. Best thing I ever did was leave that company.I strongly strongly urge that you never work at that company.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and management
Very fun place to work, especially if you like kids. The people working there are very friendly, and company is great, benefits are good, and overall the atmosphere was always enjoyable. I always felt like the management and the company had my back. A great option for students, they were easily able to accomodate returning for seasonal work, as well as for long term employees. A typical day would likely include opening the store, cleaning and organizing the floor, handling cash and opening the till for the day, receiving shipments, organizing the storage areas, and helping customers (both parents and families, as well as individuals).
They're very nice, welcoming, the manager is a great guy. A side from the pay it's a great company and would have loved to work there forever. The company is a great company and it's so comfortable to work there
Hatley was a great place to work until a new regional manager was hired to manage and increase Hatley's income. It was done at the expense of experienced well paid staff forced to leave through under handed operations. Great place to work if you have no ambition and no interest to make increases in your pay.
No work life balance. Job is full of nonsense and not rewarding . Poor communication from management to staff. The best way to describe this is uncomfortable and unprofessional.
My co workers are approachable even my boss. Its a good environment and working place. The salary is base on your performance. And the benefits are good
I worked in the Toronto design office for a little over 2 years, it was a great job! Extremely talents & friendly people work there, great environment and culture. Loved it
Its a good company to work for. I had a blast for the time i was there. Management is good, my co-workers were great, and all where very understanding
Failed to meet basic employment standards. Employees were overworked and denied breaks on a routine basis. The manager in the Kingston location was chaotic and unpredictable, and put employees on edge.
The job itself is simple enough and the customers are quite pleasant to deal with. However, with that being said, both management and HR need substantial improvement. The actions of both management and HR are unprofessional, management is allowed to chastise employees publicly in front of other employees, screams at employees and other colleagues, and has no sense of personal boundaries. A clique culture is nourished in this company and management encourages this type of behaviour. HR is just as bad as they do nothing to intervene and participate in the clique culture. There is no sense of team or team building, everyone works in silos and does what THEY need to do with no thought of helping their colleagues. If you are a professional, looking for a professional environment to work in, I would avoid this company at all costs. Employees are also underpaid, they don’t take into consideration your experience or work history when hiring, everyone starts at the same salary.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Salary
If you're good at sucking up you'll thrive here. If not, they won't let you do any of the actual work. The main managers also constantly make racist comments.
Pros
Ok Toronto location
Cons
Management is a mess
fun filled icecream days. great first summer job but not much opportunity and the customers are always interesting. great to give experience and a feel for if the service industry is for you
Pros
icecream
It is a fun place to work at. The team is great. The manager is very nice and the schedule are pretty flexible. Friendly environment. Very understanding and respectful towards the employees.
I love Hatley as a whole, I believe in the product and the loyal customers are amazing. working here for 3 years has been amazing but it is time to move on.
A good staff discount is available - and 10$- 25$ gift cards are given if you make targets. You will work without breaks as not enough staff, and not be paid accordingly in resort stores, and you will also work all weekends and holidays no exceptions as they are open 365 days a year and open 10-9 pm daily 10-7 Sunday. No work life balance. I would not recommend working for this company. Management like to make promises at the beginning when negotiating employment that will never come to fruition. Get offer and promises in writing.
Pros
good discount and clothing allowance
Cons
poor hours, inexperienced management, no work life balance
pick and pack orders put labels on clothes. ship and pack to different retail stores. ship by ups/canpar prepare orders to ship to different stores and businesses. get orders ready for shipping dates.
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
long hours but always lots of work
It is running around filling out orders. Have to be accurate. They deal with lounge wear (pjs) men's boxers and t-shirts, children's clothes and things for the house