Hatley Little Blue House
Hatley Little Blue House Employee Review

Prepare yourself to leave

2 December 2020
Management has a great way to put the blame on the person who leaves or goes on leave. Somehow it's their failing that they couldn't live up to the ridiculous expectations and conditions. Management can't take responsibility for their own problems. They let go of great staff, and keep one who do a poor job, or are unable to fully complete their job and require a great deal of assistance.The owners are misogynist, and fueled by greed. They don't value any ideas, because Intimidation and disrespect arent daily management strategies. Good luck recovering from Covid.
1.0Job security/advancement
14 May 2019
Same location
Illustrator (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I worked in the Toronto design office for a little over 2 years, it was a great job! Extremely talents & friendly people work there, great environment and culture. Loved it
7 November 2018
Same location
Designer (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
If you're good at sucking up you'll thrive here. If not, they won't let you do any of the actual work. The main managers also constantly make racist comments.
Pros
Ok Toronto location
Cons
Management is a mess
7 May 2021
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
Managing this store and team for the last 2 years has been challenging and rewarding. Having an amazing team in place who cared about their employment and respected me as a manager. There are lots of tasks involved in making sure we are at our best for each customer, team was all in. Head office have a great team in place to attend to any of our needs as they arise. Always felt heard and that my concerns and requests were taken seriously. I'm only leaving as I was offered a position more specific to my recent degree.
Pros
Great discounts, Awesome women's line, customer service policies are clear and reasonable, no micro managing from head office, great quality clothing, bright space