Hatley Little Blue House
Hatley Little Blue House Employee Review

Poor work environment

6 February 2019
Failed to meet basic employment standards. Employees were overworked and denied breaks on a routine basis. The manager in the Kingston location was chaotic and unpredictable, and put employees on edge.
1.0Job security/advancement
6 January 2019
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
The job itself is simple enough and the customers are quite pleasant to deal with. However, with that being said, both management and HR need substantial improvement. The actions of both management and HR are unprofessional, management is allowed to chastise employees publicly in front of other employees, screams at employees and other colleagues, and has no sense of personal boundaries. A clique culture is nourished in this company and management encourages this type of behaviour. HR is just as bad as they do nothing to intervene and participate in the clique culture. There is no sense of team or team building, everyone works in silos and does what THEY need to do with no thought of helping their colleagues. If you are a professional, looking for a professional environment to work in, I would avoid this company at all costs. Employees are also underpaid, they don’t take into consideration your experience or work history when hiring, everyone starts at the same salary.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Salary
7 May 2021
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
Managing this store and team for the last 2 years has been challenging and rewarding. Having an amazing team in place who cared about their employment and respected me as a manager. There are lots of tasks involved in making sure we are at our best for each customer, team was all in. Head office have a great team in place to attend to any of our needs as they arise. Always felt heard and that my concerns and requests were taken seriously. I'm only leaving as I was offered a position more specific to my recent degree.
Pros
Great discounts, Awesome women's line, customer service policies are clear and reasonable, no micro managing from head office, great quality clothing, bright space
3 December 2020
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
I love Hatley, it is the only job that I still talk about to my new jobs. I love everyone that I worked with and the management had its ups and downs but the last time I was working, I love my manager. I’d come to work sometimes even though I’m not scheduled to work 😂❤️