Hatley Little Blue House logo
View all Hatley Little Blue House reviews

Hatley Little Blue House

Hatley Little Blue House Employee Review

Family

I love Hatley, it is the only job that I still talk about to my new jobs. I love everyone that I worked with and the management had its ups and downs but the last time I was working, I love my manager. I’d come to work sometimes even though I’m not scheduled to work 😂❤️

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun workplace with great coworkers and an emphasis on teamwork

Very fun place to work, especially if you like kids. The people working there are very friendly, and company is great, benefits are good, and overall the atmosphere was always enjoyable. I always felt like the management and the company had my back. A great option for students, they were easily able to accomodate returning for seasonal work, as well as for long term employees. A typical day would likely include opening the store, cleaning and organizing the floor, handling cash and opening the till for the day, receiving shipments, organizing the storage areas, and helping customers (both parents and families, as well as individuals).
Same role

Not so great for the managers in the stores

Hatley was a great place to work until a new regional manager was hired to manage and increase Hatley's income. It was done at the expense of experienced well paid staff forced to leave through under handed operations. Great place to work if you have no ambition and no interest to make increases in your pay.
Same location

Challenging but supported last year

Managing this store and team for the last 2 years has been challenging and rewarding. Having an amazing team in place who cared about their employment and respected me as a manager. There are lots of tasks involved in making sure we are at our best for each customer, team was all in. Head office have a great team in place to attend to any of our needs as they arise. Always felt heard and that my concerns and requests were taken seriously. I'm only leaving as I was offered a position more specific to my recent degree.

Pros

Great discounts, Awesome women's line, customer service policies are clear and reasonable, no micro managing from head office, great quality clothing, bright space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hatley Little Blue House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement