Hatley Little Blue House
Hatley Little Blue House Employee Review

Failing

24 October 2020
Hatley used to be a great place to work, but their recent handling with COVID has been awful.note:These are set in place by HEAD OFFICE and not the store managers. Examples:-staff are not allowed to ask customers to sanitize-stores are not allowed to post signage regarding capacity limits or rules -head office is rewarding verbally abusive customers who complain with discounts- staff are encouraged not to quarantine tried on items -sales bonuses have been revoked, even though sales are beating last years -they are currently putting more focuses on collecting emails than staff or customer safety -head office employees from QUEBEC are being flown over to ONTARIO to work in close proximity to employees. Employees who express concern are told they are being dramatic. Your staff are overwhelmed, over worked, and under paid and under appreciated. Fix it or you’ll loose more.
2.0Job security/advancement
Cons
No concern for health and safety of staff
7 May 2021
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
Managing this store and team for the last 2 years has been challenging and rewarding. Having an amazing team in place who cared about their employment and respected me as a manager. There are lots of tasks involved in making sure we are at our best for each customer, team was all in. Head office have a great team in place to attend to any of our needs as they arise. Always felt heard and that my concerns and requests were taken seriously. I'm only leaving as I was offered a position more specific to my recent degree.
Pros
Great discounts, Awesome women's line, customer service policies are clear and reasonable, no micro managing from head office, great quality clothing, bright space
3 December 2020
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
I love Hatley, it is the only job that I still talk about to my new jobs. I love everyone that I worked with and the management had its ups and downs but the last time I was working, I love my manager. I’d come to work sometimes even though I’m not scheduled to work 😂❤️
2 December 2020
Assistant (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Management has a great way to put the blame on the person who leaves or goes on leave. Somehow it's their failing that they couldn't live up to the ridiculous expectations and conditions. Management can't take responsibility for their own problems. They let go of great staff, and keep one who do a poor job, or are unable to fully complete their job and require a great deal of assistance.The owners are misogynist, and fueled by greed. They don't value any ideas, because Intimidation and disrespect arent daily management strategies. Good luck recovering from Covid.