Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Review

View all Hatch Mott MacDonald reviews

Hired for the possibility of future work, laid off after 4 months
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK13 January 2014
What can I really say here? I worked in a satellite office that was basically run by the lead designer. The main office was down in Houston and they hired me on the prospect of upcoming work that never happened. I took advantage of that time to learn more and grow in my knowledge.

I am sure that if I had been able to be hired in Houston the story might be different, but that is not the case and I don't dwell in the past.

It opened up my eyes to the possibility there is more out there and for that I am greatful. It got me off my butt and moving forward after being stuck in a rut.
Pros
?
Cons
Laid off after 4 months, no management besides lead designer.

Other Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

professional environment
Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2017
Friendly work place, good colleagues.
Less opportunity to be promoted. It looks like the "networking" is working very well.
Remuneration scale is at medium to low level.
Pros
professional services
Cons
management
Good Place to Work
SR. SPECIALIST - CAD (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2017
Employee-owned company. Excellent benefit and pension plans. Strong emphasis on safety in the workplace. Company going through layoffs and attrition for several years now due to down turn in metals industry. Infrastructure group which was formerly Hatch Mott MacDonald is always busy however.
Pros
Pension and Benefits Plans