Hasty Market

Hasty Market Employee Reviews

Canada75 reviews

customcustomerskillservicelearnfriendlylearnedfree

it's good experience

you can learn the management skills means how you can sell products and people's interest. Improve your communications skills and thinking skills of different kind of people

Greta place to work

A little fast paced but good experience working a retail environment. During weekends and late nights gets busy but overall steady customers traffic inside the store to manage.

Insights into Hasty Market

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

godd experiene

Fun at working at Hasty Market ,always meet new people , learn new things. learning all aspects of work cleaning ,cash, deli ,making sandwich ,chocolate, pastry,loto instent and online,u-haul service ,making orders,receiving delivery,maintain up to date filling culers

Pros

Free lunchand drinks

Cons

Long houers

Excellent

Excellent work place and excellent team to work with . Initiates and executes creative ideas. Seeks new ideas and approaches. Empowers employees with the authority and resources to achieve results.Helps employees gain visibility through tasks.

Fun Work place and interactive customers

it was a great experience over all , surrounding atmosphere was really very good and energetic for me. i have learnt lots of things from my manager , he was very calm and enthusiatic.

Easy Work Place, Friendly people

Nice Atmosphere to work and keeps you always occupied. The Management was also excellent. Good People to communicate. And easily accessible public transportation.

execellent

Was good for me

Shift flexibility is the positive thing and lots of negatives. Dangerous place to work at night, not every location but some. Good for students who wants to work at night

slow-peased

From the analysis I conclude that the job provides the opportunity to the employees to exercise his/her skills at work place. Finally I would like to conclude the that the employees are satisfied with their work and satisfaction.

Great Working Experience

An unmatchable environment that takes an employee to the next level of life. should definitely work here as the staff is so friendly and helpful in extreme situations

a very easy going manager and helping envirnoment

Be on the cash counter, help customers find their desired products, work on the lottery, clean and stock up is how a daily day with look like. it was generally a pleasant experience.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

its a bit difficult to manage a busy day in the beginning

fun place to work at. manager was really nice. parties and treats every now and then. workplace culture was not really advanced. no employee benefits.

it was a relaxing environment

Helping customers out and providing a friendly customer service made my job fun and I would love to continue the customer service. A typical day of work consisted of sitting behind the cash register and waiting for customers to come up for me to scan products and handle cash or handle debit or credit.

Fun atmosphere with friendly customers

Have a great time working here, as many of the customers are now friends. Great management and very good environment. Everything is well organized for easy access to everything.

Great working environment

Working at Hasty Market was a great experience for me. It was a great learning experience for me as it taught me many important skills. These skills varied from communication skills to teamwork skills.

Pros

Great environement

Cons

Got in the way of school

OK for off campus work

It was a good start to step into the society for student but definitely impossible to feed yourself if you want to be a full time there. You can learn how to use the cash machine and all entry level to a merchandise.

good place to work at

Hasty Market

My boss was very nice. was able to balance my school with work, he gave me good hours and gave me lots of benefits with my job, overall good worker and good pay

Pros

good pays

Cons

Learned a lot of new skills and is very rewarding

A typical workday starts off with making sure inventory is stocked; we need to check if the grocery, items, cigarettes, and lottery shelves and displays are filled and ready. We need to make sure if baking is needed. Chicken needs to be cooked carefully. Then the day proceeds in customer service, while cooking and baking might be on and off throughout the day - sometimes, baking might not even be necessary. The greatest new tool in my belt is being able to issue fishing and hunting licenses (along with species tags). It's been a popular item to purchase here this year and knowing how to issue the licenses really helps to move the customer lineup along. Management is thoughtful and always trying to make things easier for employees. They provide proper training and make sure we understand a task. The hardest part about the job is forgetting to finish something we might have started. Say, I started to fill up the lottery display halfway through the shift when it became empty again, but someone needed my attention and the lottery is left to be filled for another hour. The more enjoyable part of the day is hearing all the customer compliments about how this little convenience store has almost everything one might need in a last minute bind.

Pros

Free coffee or slush, reasonable break times

Cons

Many different things need to get done

I acquired many skills

I acquired many skills and learned to run a good variety of machines. I could run 4 machines at one point. I learned to program machines that came from Germany and could run the CIM Room.

Productive and fun place to be at

Hasty Market was a very fun place with a positive environment. job site was a very safe place with a great manager. working at Hasty Market helped me with what will come in the future.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hasty Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement