Hasty Market Employee Reviews

OK for off campus work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 April 2019
It was a good start to step into the society for student but definitely impossible to feed yourself if you want to be a full time there. You can learn how to use the cash machine and all entry level to a merchandise.
good place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 April 2019
A typical workday starts off with making sure inventory is stocked; we need to check if the grocery, items, cigarettes, and lottery shelves and displays are filled and ready. We need to make sure if baking is needed. Chicken needs to be cooked carefully. Then the day proceeds in customer service, while cooking and baking might be on and off throughout the day - sometimes, baking might not even be necessary.

The greatest new tool in my belt is being able to issue fishing and hunting licenses (along with species tags). It's been a popular item to purchase here this year and knowing how to issue the licenses really helps to move the customer lineup along.

Management is thoughtful and always trying to make things easier for employees. They provide proper training and make sure we understand a task.
A productive way of improving your accounting skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2019
• Process customer payment by cash, debit card.
• Set high-volume sales my exceeding monthly sales goals by 5 to 10 percent.
• Handled customer inquiries and maintained a friendly professional demeanour at times.
• Served multiple customers, discovered their needs, and made recommendations to generate sales.
• Arranged new merchandise with signage and appealing displays that encouraged customer sales and moved overstock items.
Hasty Market
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2019
My boss was very nice. was able to balance my school with work, he gave me good hours and gave me lots of benefits with my job, overall good worker and good pay
Pros
good pays
Cons
Learned a lot of new skills and is very rewarding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 September 2018

The hardest part about the job is forgetting to finish something we might have started. Say, I started to fill up the lottery display halfway through the shift when it became empty again, but someone needed my attention and the lottery is left to be filled for another hour.

The more enjoyable part of the day is hearing all the customer compliments about how this little convenience store has almost everything one might need in a last minute bind.
Pros
Free coffee or slush, reasonable break times
Cons
Many different things need to get done
I acquired many skills
Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 September 2018
I acquired many skills and learned to run a good variety of machines. I could run 4 machines at one point. I learned to program machines that came from Germany and could run the CIM Room.
Productive and fun place to be at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2018
Hasty Market was a very fun place with a positive environment. job site was a very safe place with a great manager. working at Hasty Market helped me with what will come in the future.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Far from home
Great Learning Experience
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON3 July 2018
I worked as an assistant manager and was able to learn all aspects of running a small convenience store, every thing from handling cash, ordering merchandise, inventory, stocking shelves, training staff and completing bank deposits. I learned a lot.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Hostile work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON9 April 2018
Inconsiderate boss, who was not willing to work around my schedule or give me more hours when I needed them. Very rude customers, not understanding of being patient.
Working here was a great expeience for me. I used to deal with different customers daily and tried my best to satisfy them.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 April 2018
The job was pretty fun as I was a part of a enthusiastic team driving their focus towards sales and having fun side by side. I learnt a lot about team-work, customer interaction and gained some valuable skills at work.
productive
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2017
i am currently working hours per day , 6 days a week . .
managing , ordering all the store inventories , interaction with customers ..
taking care of all the promotions and employees
The postal office was a great environment to work it. My coworkers were inclusive and we would all work together to assist our customers
Canada Post Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 August 2017
Very inclusive environment where everyone wanted to work together and provide a great experience for our customers. I learned how to manage my time when assisting customers with their transactions and also keeping up with stocking merchandise and parcels as they can throughout the day. I understand how to work long shifts and maintain productivity in order to achieve the daily quotas of the company. I also have developed superb customer interaction skills from my time here to ensure that every interaction I have with someone is enjoyable and leads to a successful sale.
Alright place
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 August 2017
This company is alright but things are changing and I am not sure how it is all going to work but we'll see. Salary is below average but benefit package is good. It is easy to get days off or vacation. Most managers are very flexible. Bonuses take forever to process.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, no nights or weekend.
Cons
Lower than average pay then competitors
employer is nice
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 June 2017
you feel belonged and you don't have to work hard. the pay is not bad for what you do in the store. you have one job that you can continuously do every day. there is nothing new
Pros
nothing new
Well Mannered Management Team
Entrepreneur/Business Owner (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
Great to work with all staff. There is always a manger that likes to see you fail. Other than that person it was a pleasant to work with everyone else.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Its good to work here

I learned a good sales experience and customer service. good management. good staff . hard to deal with some customers. the most enjoable part of this job is team work
Pros
free food
Cons
late hours
Good to get start something
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
its is good workplace unless if u have already experience in this field, i have started when i was in school so it was good experience of market for me.
It was a great experience in well managed store with professional environment and people working there.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2017
I liked working there as a model to satisfy customer needs and learned to manage store by ordering as needed and it was nice culture in with a high class customers.
First Job in Canada
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 January 2017
This was my first ever job in Canada

As i was a Cashier it gave me a opportunity to learn the skills of Customer Service

The most enjoyable part of the job is as it was Convenience shop most of the Customers come for Cigarette , after working for one month i came to know the brands of the Regular Customer , so before they ask me i will serve them with the brand they need

Customers were happy and complemented me for a Good Customer Service
stable balanced work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
It was good experience working in Hasty market i gained much knowledge and After doing Projects gained more experience in financial field