Harveys/Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Energetic workplace for younger adults
Management Officer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  269 Rexdale Blvd15 October 2018
The workplace was average, no benefits and unsteady schedule.
Some management was alright others were quite rude and inappropriate with the women. Days go bye fast.
Pros
working with friends
Cons
no raise, unsteady schedule, no benefits
Productive ideas with disorganized Management
Keswick- Manager (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON7 September 2018
My review on my previous employer who I worked for as a manager while it did give me a lot of tools and taught me a lot, the owners and other management was unfair and disorganized. I got excellent training and experience but was a mess towards the end of my time at this establishment.
Pros
free food and good hours
Cons
Disorganized and rude owners
my work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON30 May 2018
enjoy working with this company and my team, just moved back home so had to quit
Enjoyed my daily task and great costumes upon arrival
Managers were great and very understanding when had to take time off for appointments and could always count on me to come in when needed even on my days off
Easy job but bad management
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 May 2018
The job itself is not difficult at all. I work in the mall and it is not as busy unless it's during rush hours. However, management is very bad and rude. My manager doesn't take anyone feelings or lives into consideration and simply only cares about himself. His rudeness has driven a lot of people to leave. People rarely surpass working over a year here. It still is a good job for students that don't have much time on their hands but still want to work. Easy way to get customer service and cashier experience.
Pros
half off food, discount card, easy job
Cons
bad management
always keeping busy, successful business
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 May 2018
working at harvey's you're always on the go, especially on a weekend when you're put up front alone you have to take the orders while also garnishing the food and trying to keep up with the pace. personally i like it because i do not like a slow paced job
Pros
fast pace
Cons
no hours
Great first job
Take Out (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2018
Able to learn a lot of new skills such as time management, organization and etc. The store got very busy at times. Overall it was a fun environment to work in
Great Place To Start Off
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON12 May 2017
I started working at the Harvey's + location when I was in grade 9, I continued working there all the way to my final year of university. During that period of time I tried to go to other places of employment, but to be honest none of them were at all close to what it was like working at Harvey's. Opportunities for advancement, of course, come when you are of age and when you are ready to take on the task, but it is the best place to start climbing up into real positions. Best of The Best.
Pros
Personal Development
Cons
Customers
Fun work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
A typical day i will be on the grill from 5 - 10:15. Throughout those hour I finish all of my closing expectations and I will keep myself busy. I learned to keep myself busy and to not waste time while you are on clock. The hardest part of the job is working when it was really busy as it gets very intense. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team, it is a great working environment.
Pros
50% on all meals
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun workplace
Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 February 2017
Management and employees are awesome, fun work environment. Fast paced and can be demanding. Must be willing to work various hours mornings, afternoons, evenings. Must like the food industry, it wasn't my thing.
Pros
Discountd
Cons
unconsistent hours
I find more friends
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 February 2017
Im enjoying working at Swiss Chalet / Harveys, because i find more friends. I learned a lot in Harveys, like taking orders. The mot enjoyable part of the job is closing. The hardest part of the job is when its busy and there are people became mad and when youre gonna stock everything they're not gonna help you.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lazy