Harveys & Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

managable
harveys (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 August 2018
day started with me cleaning and sanatizing tables and bathrooms. then cutting up veggatbles and putting out condiments napkins and ketchup dispencers . managment was nice hours were okay
a great place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
my job was to grill burgers for customers, help around as well, like cleaning, garnish and cash sometimes. its hard but at the end of the day. the smile on my customers faces gives me contentment.
Pros
free food
Cons
a lot of responsibilities
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON24 November 2017
Working here was a great first job. I learned a ton from my managers and supervisors, and also learned a lot from my coworkers. Working here you had the opportunity to learn many different things, such as; cash, drive through, swiss chalet, cooking, and garnishing.
Friendly and very energetic employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON24 October 2017
I enjoyed working there , it was very fun as most of my friends worked there too. Although it was fun and cool having my friends around it was also a distraction
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Cut hours
Multitalented boss and staff
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 August 2017
The boss I had for Harvey's and Swiss Chalet was able to be in five places at once. An amazing team leader. The other staff were always friendly, funny and polite. Overall great work ethic and great staff.
Pros
50% your meal when you work
Cons
Short shifts
Fast paced, fun working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON2 April 2016
Despite some management issues, the employers and employees were great. Also, a fun, and fast paced working environment. The hardest part of the job was the lunch/dinner rushes as Harveys was the only food place in the cookstown mall for the longest time. I learned how to work better in a fast paced environment, and the tricks of the trade to better maximize my time.

Overall a great working experience.
Pros
Free food, and great workers
Cons
Managers
Harveys & Swiss Chalet
Off Premises (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 August 2015
Great workplace, with great employees. A typical day at work is usually quite fast passed, there is always lots to do, including taking care of costumers, cleaning, cooking, and constantly getting ready for your next rush. Management s okay, could be a little better. Overall a great place for a first job, the people make it really enjoyable.
Pros
Kind People
Cons
Not enough hours, Short shifts
no advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  toronto4 August 2015
I have been working there for quite some time and it is very difficult to advance. Managers appear very biased and only associate with other managers. Not a happy environment
Excellent staff, they were a pleasure to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON10 May 2015
Although the staff was a pleasure to work with, there was a few issues with management that caused it to be a stressful work environment. At times there would be only one person working up front, grill, garnishing and drive-thru. It lead to be very stressful, but the teammates made it worth it with their great smiles and attitude.
Pros
50% off food the day you worked
Cons
stressful work environment
A great experience.
cashier, server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 April 2015
Harverys and Swiss Chalet was my first job and it really helped me with learning how to deal with different situations at workplace. the management helped me grow in customer service.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2012
this was my first job and it rele wasnt bad i just preped the food
Pros
free food
Cons
late nights