Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews for Supervisor

okay
Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2019
it was alright , one great general manger and supervisor but the rest r terrible ddays were long but free meals most times depending on whos working but overall it was fun
Was a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  606 Gardeniers Road19 October 2019
not a bad place to work .. tries to work around your own schedule. They try and cross-train everyone so that you can fill in anywhere if needed. Owners are hands on and help out
Pros
half price lunches, closed on holidays
Cons
was cold in winter
Fun workplace with great employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2019
Harvey's is a great company to work for! They do their best to accommodate working around my school needs and travel desires. And also have a great group of employees working there that makes for a positive and exciting work environment.
staff is good management not so well
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON19 August 2019
great staff
great customers
what i learned is just be your self and listen to customers.
just do your job and work has hard as you can and give it your all
great experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 July 2019
the job isn't overly complicated and it was a great job to gain experience.
Waste of time nd effort
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 July 2019
Harvey's in Milton run by absolute inexperienced nd biased mgt team. Thy will never recognize ur effort. Each week schedule is full of surprises nd no steady shift hours. The more u stay the more u r underprivileged. All the right spot nd advances given to one person nd their close friend. 60 yr nd 70 yr old staff will occupy entire shift nd each one r managers nd thy r always right!! It s nt a suitable place for career oriented or motivated one..only suitable for house wifes nd school kids who wanted to spend some time in the name of working. Very pathetic!!!
Pros
Surprisingly Minimum wage
Cons
No career
co-operative, team work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 May 2019
Harvey's is a good place to work with an excellent manager. I love to work at Harvey's because I love cooking. Moreover, it is a place where there is no discrimination of Race, Sex, and Color
Pros
50% off on burgers
Cons
No bonuses
Fellow Employees are good bosses not so much
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2019
Having worked for the same boss for years, and a few others over the years at different locations. Franchisees in this industry are greedy and more often then not don't even know how to do the job, but will nitt pick everything. Fellow staff members in general are great. The Higher management not so much. If you like getting yelled at over stupid stuff by an incompetent franchise owner or not getting paid what your worth then this job is for you.
Pros
freindly staff, potential hours
Cons
Bad franchise owners, being yelled at over stupid things, being good at your job gets you critisized more
Difficult, yet I looked forward to the shifts.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 January 2019
The location I worked at was on Upper Middle rd. The rate of employee turn-over made it very difficult to have a shift with people who knew how to deal with customers and how to work efficiently. The people who knew what they were doing made the shift worth it, and it was a very good place to make good friends. The worst part were the customers, but any fast food restaurant is going to attract a hungrier and more agitated crowd.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
I work as cashier and promoted to become supervisor. I have learn how to manage my all work as quickly as possible and handle all kinds of customer complain. I have done the payroll and manage the all office works. The hardest part of the job when I had to deal with homeless people daily basis regarding using the washroom and I had to clean for it. The most part was to working as a team.
competitive but fun environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON1 August 2018
a typical day at Harveys generally goes by pretty fast. what I've learned from that is whenever there's an opportunity to do something you should take it. you'll never know when you can get something done. you learn to multitask and create your own way doing a task. there's a lot of room for learning and making mistakes but the key is fast learning and being able to fix those mistakes immidetaly. overall it's a place to learn people skills and customer service skills.
Lie to you face With their hands in your pocket
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 July 2018
The management is extremely sexiest, and racist towards anyone other then themself, as quoted saying "if I cannot pronounce their name, I don't want them here."
Pros
meaningless pay
good part time job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 May 2018
The people are great and very fun to work with! High stress environment during peak hours. Scheduling is very flexible for students in college/university.
Amazing staff and easy enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 March 2018
The staff members I worked with over the past four years were incredible. I was promoted to a supervisor within my first few months of switching stores and it made me much more organized and I was trusted with more responsibilities including counting money and being trusted to be in charge of the store. The workplace was overall a great first job and I am looking for something to expand my experience.
Harvey's
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 February 2018
Was great until the management changed. Co-workers were for the most part very kind. The hours are horrible, not great if you need many hours. Overall not great, but not the worst.
Working at Harvey's
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 October 2017
Working at Harvey's for a year and a half has taught me to be my own leader. It also has taught me to never be afraid to ask questions in regards to the job.
Fast paced and Friendly Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 September 2017
Working at Harvey's is a great place to gain different levels of knowledge and experience in every aspect of the company. its a great place to work if you're just starting off in the work field or if your new to the country and looking to build relationship and communication skills. The people are generally very easy to get along with and work with. It's very fast paced so you much learn how to work quickly and efficiently.
Amazing people to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
I loved my job at harveys, the people I worked with and teh customers were always a joy to be around. I learned how to take charge and run my own team and make hard choices. I solved problems while running the floor smoothly.
Pros
the job was fun the people were great
Cons
the salarey didnt cover my expenses
Its friendly environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
It is pleasure to work with the Harvey's . friendly work environment.I feel honor as i am a part of management in Harvey's. Just for better future I am looking for a better opportunity.Very safe and friendly work place .As a team member every one who works they get respect and freedom.It is multi culture environment.Some times as a supervisor has to face headset time from customer but we trained how to handle critical condition so its always manageable.Some times irregular shifts make disappointment but every where its same so nothing personal . Over all its a good time to work there.
Pros
Free lunch, Bonous
Easy going work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 April 2016
Employees get the necessary tasks done well and work well with one another. Managing the employees and all positions in the store is a challenge at times but very fulfilling and our employer is very generous with hours and flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.