Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Fast paced environment
Great entry level job for high school students. When the restaurant isn't busy be prepared to clean and stock refrigerators and cupboards. Potential for advancement if you want it.
Really good!!
Since I started I have been treated really good. They pay the day that they say. They are really profesional and they give the shifts good and on time.
Productive and I built a good work ethic
I recommend this job to teenagers who want to work because it teaches you responsibility. It improved my skills in communicating with other people and it also improved my problem solving skills when difficult customers show up.
Simple
Comme n'importe quel fastfood, il faut toujours être préparé au moment de rush surtout les midis. Si vous n'aimez pas travailler sous pression, ce travail ne sera pas fait pour vous !
Not a bad place
It is a fast paced job so your always running around doing something the people you work with are amazing and is easily accessible by bus and car it’s an amazing job
not one of the best place to be at
it was okay to work there managers were not so supportive for anything. was working there part time so doese not have major complains about anything .
Great, hardworking staff
Excellent experience with co-workers as they were hard working and effective team players with all of the staff. All workers made sure they prepared and served each and every customer meal with care and intent to signature Harvey's taste.
Fun workship
I learned that we always need to smile around customers and that the first rule is always being respectful around everybode. The most enjoyable part of the job is being all together helping eachother and be like a big family.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Disrespectful customers
my first actual job
it was a great experience that i'll never forget. my first actual job, the team was great. we all became very close right away. team dinners turned into just regular days out with friends. we became a little family and are still just as close as when we first met if not more.
Pros
great team that turned to great friends
Cons
closing took a long time.
review
i was getting bullied there by one of the supervisors, the manager never came out and helped she would always sit in her office. therefore would put more stress on employee in the front of the store
Poor management
Young managers do not qualification for human resource management, do not know how to manage and schedule working time for staff correctly. Do not have the cooperation among managers together
workplace was inspiring and amazing.
management teams top notch. it felt like working with family. every one was very close and it helped when a rush would start. team was always readies a result of god management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a lot of work duties
Harveys
The majority of the staff is great, sometimes the customers and owners can be over bearing but over all has been a great first job. They are willing to work around busy schedules even thought one of the owners may give you a hard time.
Not a good place to be employed
My co-workers were great, nice and easy people to work with. When I first started it was really enjoyable and I had a good time, which you don't expect from a job. But as soon as my 3rd or fourth week came I couldn't stand it, my manager became very rude to me, although compared to the other kids who worked there I was a saint going to all my shifts and always putting on a smile. He would talk about me to my co-workers and would never tell me straight if I made a mistake. when I would ask for 1 day off in like a month he would get mad although letting others just call in the day of. I had to leave the city for emergency and when I came back he would not give me any shifts or answer my texts letting him know I was back, so I had to personally go and pick up my things to leave. Now I still hear from my past co-workers there that they hate it and they all plan on quitting. Do you self a favor and do not apply to Harveys Gateway Blvd. edmonton
Pros
co-workers
Cons
manager, hours, unprofessional
The food is very great
Harvey's was one of my favorite place's to work at because of the delicious food that I believed was more natural than other fast food places. The Harvey's has all the workers they need and will never run into trouble because they have the best team work and customer service.
Pros
Fresh food and co-workers
Cons
Food wasn't free for staff members.
People can be rude but life must go on
Some days are more hectic than others, but giving up is not an option. Overall it is a great experience but the employer can be harsh and very discouraging sometimes.
Fast paced environment
This was actually my very first job at age 15. I loved this job ad loved the people that I worked with as well. Would recommend this job the someone of the younger generation , maybe even as a first job like me .
Not professional
Worked here for a week and it went pretty good but on my last day management said “you do not meet Harvey’s standards” and fired me.
I thought I was doing great but I guess not.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Customer service, Dishawashing and Food Preparation
A typical work day I would usually open and prepare my garnish station, ensured the vegetables and condiments were freshly prepared for the customers. I would help customers and collect payment for food orders
Not A Good place to work at. Terrible
The Manager is always angry at the little things even if it's not your fault.

Workmates are incompetent. Blames everything on you and while on duty, always find the way to escape from hard work.

Management tells you to come to work even if it is your day off.
Cons
No Advancement of any kind.
Good management
Busy everyday but it is alwaays depending on the time of the day and so many friendly workers. Every machine is easy to learn and everything is organized.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours