Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews for Cook

The management was very stressful as they wouldn’t help accommodate to there workers and they would just view them as how long until we can replace you.
It's a job
Working at harvey's was a standard job. It gave me some money while at school but this is not a place to build career.

It seemed to me like the standard fast food environment.

What you see as a customer is what the worker experiences.

It's a pretty open book.
Overall satisfaction
Opportunity for advancement is only if you show you are capable to handle the kitchen during big rushes. overall I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Productive place to Work
Its a good environment to work. There are a lot of customers. Since it is a fast food place work should be fast and proper. customer satisfaction is our to priority.
cashier
Did prep work did drive thru duties and dishes dealt with customers and over kitchen duties throughout the daily grind. Mostly enjoyed the customers and the hardest was putting orders away.
Pros
employees
Cons
not being appreciated
Not a healthy and safe work environment
I learned a few things about the world of work while at Harvey's. I learnt to be responsible and manage my time and balance my school and work life. I was moved around from cashier to cook and garnish so every work day would look different, I also cleaned and was often told to do things that wasn't what I was told about when applying for this job. The culture was not very healthy and was not a friendly and safe work environment, which was the reason for me leaving this job to seek a new safe and enjoyable job.
Horrible
It was a great job and I had a lot of fun there as my first job. This helped me get to where I am today as well as teach my the difficulties of a fast food environment.
Productive when it comes to food handling
Its a nice environment to work with for food handling experiences and customer services. Its basically easy to cope up with whenever dealing with a customers that has an unsatisfactory on the service they really need
flexible time is the only positive
Harvey' needs to work on the type of owners they select to run the business, greedy owners doesnt care for their employees, for them as long as they get money they dont care for anything else.
those type of owner should never be allowed to own a herveys, they spoil the reputation of harvery in the long run, by these following traits, disrecting and foul mouthing employees in front of customers, doesnt care for the quality of food they give to customers especially kids ( eg. the owner doesnt want to fix a faulty freezer and inspite of warnings by employees about the frozen food spoiled, goes ahead and gives to customers )
Pros
flexible time
Cons
bad owner
it was ok
couldnt be better could be worse.. managment was good but no hours given. got along great with coworkers hours were flexible but scarce. good for first time job
Decent job for a student.
I would tell a student to take a job like this, it requires almost no thinking. What I mean by that, is that the job is so simple that it doesn't take that much to be able to do this job well.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.
not bad
working the grill was hot, upper management was bad
staff was fun to work with. the hours were bad

customers were great most of the time had some bad ones.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
bad hours
It was an easy going environment
It was easy going environment, which was easy to excel in. The training was very excellent and easy going, Hours were easy going and easy shift changes
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not very busy
good first part time job
⦁ Our goal was to deliver a positive guest experience by ensuring the food quality was at the highest standard possible. I was also part of a strong and motivated team.
great atmosphere
It's great place to work at. Very accepting towards individuals that have visible tattoos.
Always something to do, great coworkers too.

But a lack of proper training.
something im good at and comfortable with
a typical day at harveys is mostly busy and i learned how to keep up with the rush and not allowed the orders to overflow. the management is decent but i believe there could be a few tweaks. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat during the summer and burning yourself on the grills, fryers, etc.. the most enjoyable part of the job is defintly cooking and being able to make whatever you want to eat.
understand people learned to cook properly
a typical job at harveys was me running back and forth in almost every position. i usually offered to cook. i wanted to try many different things. i was usually on drive through or cash. what i learned was how to cook properly and learned how to prep meats and veggies properly.
Productive and rewarding work with peers and customers alike
Thoroughly enjoyed being able to serve customers high quality food specified exactly to their liking. Great relationships were made both with coworkers and customers. Incredible job to have throughout my high school experience.
Pros
Discounts at store and others owned by the same company (CARA)
Cons
Late nights if you are in school
Workplace
Very fun atmosphere. The boss was great to work with, and so were the employees. A fast-paced environment that required team work and independence. Great learning experience.
It is fast food. meh
Hate fast food jobs, avoid at all cost unless you just need a quick part time job. Hopefully it works out well but usually it's just a first job or quick fix
Good place, needs better managment
Fun place to work. Good hours. Managment was rude and hard on employees. No one stayed for more then a couple months. Pays were always held for a few days longer then what pay day was.