Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews

I was working here with no job experience, and the owner expect me to be best on my two weeks of training. Well i can work well, i can work fast, i can communicate well BUT he pressure you to do this and that. And flexibilty of hours is not a thing here in Spruce grove location. Asking emergency off is hard too. And he can degrade you as a person. He can cuss you, i SWEAR
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad Management
Great environment to initially start working towards a better career, managers are extremely knowledgeable and will help you fit in comfortably.Overall great experience as a starting job.
Pros
Free Drinks / 50% off on food
Cons
Long hours of work and then they don’t pay you after certain hours even if there was a lot of rush at work . They don’t pay you for at least 3 hours of work every shift .
Le travaille au harveys était bien. C'est un travaille Relativement facile
J'ai appris dans mon expérience de travail qu'il faut être passiante et ambitieuse
Pros
Compenser les clients
Cons
La pause était super courtes par rapport au travail intensif qu'on faisiat
This restaurant is great for the young. It helps build work ethic such as, working fast, completing your work good & on time. Great staff & they offer overtime as well as picking up extra shifts.
Pros
Overtime & picking up shifts, & moving up in the company
Cons
It can get really hot in the summer.
I worked at Harvey’s one year . I was there Supervisor. The restaurant’s environment is so good. Everyone is cooperative, helpful. And even I like team work
Pros
Working at Harvey’s so gud
Cons
Harvey's in Collingwood is an absolute abysmal place to work. The management can regularly be found in the back hiding from actual work and customers leaving the other employees and supervisors overwhelmed and undertrained. The work environment was toxic with bullying, gossip, and lies being the norm. The constant employee turnover reflects this establishment as an awful place to work.
Cons
Irregular Schedules, Toxic Work Environment, No Support from Management
Harvey's was an amazing first job and it taught me a lot about the fast-food industry and how to ensure customer satisfaction. The management was well managed, but at times the schedule was not posted and the manager had to be asked. The workplace culture was amazing, very supportive and there was a very strong team relationship. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that some f the equipment was very old, and could not keep up with the fast-paced environment of the restaurant.
Pros
Incredible team
Cons
Not exactly the most up-to-date equipment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harvey's?
unfortunately, my location has a managerial issue and thusly the store runs like a quadriplegic. The people are nice people, and the days go by quickly, and my hours are good, but the ceiling is hit once you put the uniform on, and thusly should only ever be a stopping point, not a destination.
The job was very fast paced so that means you get to learn faster on what to do. The fast paced job also helped me do some things by myself. The job also offers workers to expand their experience by outting then in different positions.
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Could be stressful at times
it was a fast-paced hard-working job. the hardest part of work was during rush hour when many customers would come all at once. great management, and excellent co-workers.
I would have to say that Harvey's was a good workplace with a calm working environment and somewhat relaxed.The employer's are fair and listen to the issues in the store and try to resolve them.
I worked there for about 3 to 4 years and at first it was really hard because it was my first full time job. I was able to take more responsibilities with the passing of time . Management is godd and are willing to help you improve yourself
a typical day at work was i get there i sign in and then i start working at the cash or garnishing the food and then whenever it was slow i would go and get the trays and clean them or go restock the straws and napkins and then if there was a customer i would go back and take there order and then when my shift was almost over i would clean whatever i was assigned to.
Harvey’s is a good place for a first job, easy to learn and pick up on routines, along with great teamwork and flexible hours. Many routines to follow at night through closing but it’s easy to pick up on.
Busy, fast-paced and sometimes stressful when working night shifts. Harvey's management always taught, emphasized and prioritized customer satisfaction. Employees were friendly, well trained and hard workers, as an employee it felt like you were apart of a family. The hardest part of the job would be working during a 2for6 special as well as working Friday and Saturday night shifts while trying to close on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling included and valued as a person as well as engaging in positive interactions with customers.
It’s a nice place to work if you enjoy jobs with rude customers and coworkers. Unfortunately, it is like this at most fast food chains. When you work you feel as if you are being talked down to by your supervisors, and you feel that they are consistently making fun of you. It’s not a kind environment to work, I started a shift with no smile and ended that way too.
Was a nice atmosphere. Some of those in management positions did not know how to do their job. Otherwise, very nice staff and owner/ franchisee. Enjoyed the experience
Pros
Free fries and drinks. Discount on meals.
Cons
Lack of direction and ability to change position
Training is poor expectations are high Bonuses/raises/opportunities are nonexistent unless you have begged Communication btwmanagers and staff is poor
  1. Employee reviews