Harvey's Employee Reviews

Fermer
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2018
rotation de divers post Caissière, entretien de lieux, préparations de ingrédients, cuisine
Pros
Travaille varié
Cons
Milieu stressant
Good food
Full Time/Part Time (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Dorothée, QC14 May 2018
Good staff
Good Management
Learned many things that have taught me to be more independent and rise through the ranks to make something of myself.
Had fun
Excellent opportunity
Front line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 May 2018
It's a great place for a new chance in employment. It's a fast-paced environment and in a location with lots of traffic. People are great working with.
Bien
Hotesse (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC6 May 2018
j'ai aimé mon expérience au harveys, les gens son agréables.
fast food
Cashier/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON17 April 2018
Working at Harvey's was just like any other fast food environment, you must be able to keep up with a fast pace, be a team player, and always smiling!
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
almost only hire part time so shifts are aprox 4 hours each
workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON12 April 2018
It is a very productive and fun place to work. The people are nice and easy to get along with. Must be able to communicate with customers easily. Cleaning is a big part of the job.
Subpar Experience
Front Line Hospitality and Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON12 April 2018
I believe that Harvey''s is a good place to exercise stress management, as well as necessary organization skills. A typical day at work is full of repetitive actions with little pay.
Pros
50% off staff meals, 30% off caa meals
Cons
Stressful environment, Many responsibilities with little pay
Fast Pace Workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 April 2018
Great fast Pace environment, workplace can be competitive since they are aiming for good drive through times. this can make the job very exiting since you can get compensated for doing a great job.
productive, unorganized
head of Takeout (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 April 2018
working at Harvey's and Swiss Chalet was an interesting experience, I got to meet new people and became friends with all the employees very easily. The workplace taught me to manage my time better and to improve my skills in organization and multitasking. the only negative note I have is that the management was not the best and hopefully they are able to polish their way with their employees.
Pros
good salary, nice co-workers
Cons
long hours, bad management
What an awful place to work...
Garnisher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON28 March 2018
The hours, the constant nagging to go faster when it is actually impossible to go any faster than we are going with the business outline, which we have to follow, and the fact that the manager was a huge pervert... yeah I don't really like it.
Customer service, Dishawashing and Food Preparation
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2018
A typical work day I would usually open and prepare my garnish station, ensured the vegetables and condiments were freshly prepared for the customers. I would help customers and collect payment for food orders
Horrible place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON26 March 2018
Bad location to work at. Owner sits in lobby all day and talks bad about employees and is very biased. The managers cannot be bothered to train their own staff and tasks are consistently left not done. Managers also gossiped about other employees infront of and even to other employees. Labour laws were never followed. Had customers take pity on me and fellow employees for the owners owm behaviour. A bad place overall with zero management and nothing gets done. Owner doesn't treat employees with respect more like robots, honestly.
Pros
Free pop
Cons
No management biased dehumanized
Constantly evolving area of work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Berthierville, QC23 March 2018
A typical day at Harvey's was always very well organized and productive day. I was hired at a very young age, and they gave me a chance to get into the adult world early, and that taught me many things!
it was ok
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 March 2018
couldnt be better could be worse.. managment was good but no hours given. got along great with coworkers hours were flexible but scarce. good for first time job
Management is by far the biggest concern
Cashier/Grill Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
If you want a job that can provide you with a flexible schedule, this is one that could work for you. At the same time, there are a lot of other factors to take into account. I had worked there for about 4 years and had no opportunity for advancement financially. Minimum wage is what they praised regardless of how hard you worked. Management is always looking to tear you a part and will take advantage of you. They will threaten to fire you regardless of if they legally can or not. The only people you will appreciate is your co-workers as most of them will treat you like family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
terrible
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 March 2018
unprofessional, disrespectful.
hot work environment.
good food though.
Stopped giving me shifts and wouldn't return my calls to tell me why. it was very annoying and rude.
Decent job for a student.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2018
I would tell a student to take a job like this, it requires almost no thinking. What I mean by that, is that the job is so simple that it doesn't take that much to be able to do this job well.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.
environnement agreable et amussant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  montreal10 March 2018
C’était un travail qui offrait des heures convenables. bonne équipe de travaille .
Pros
flexibilité des heures
Friendly environment and flexible hours
Cook / Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON9 March 2018
While working at Harvey's, it seemed as I were part of a larger family. My co workers and I each shared mostly similar work loads, even when I was just starting out. Routine duties such as ice refill, trash disposal, dish clean up, and cleaning of the main dining area and work space, were almost always finished with efficiency and lasting results in mind. The managers provided plentiful hours in the beginning to help me get into the swing of things, then provided flexible hours for the remaining time.
Pros
flexible hours
Good But Not That Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 March 2018
It was a fun experience which helped me with multiple positions. The managers were friendly but made the workers do simple tasks even though we were busy while they make themselves free to relax and not even finish my task from before. Then yell at you for not finishing your other task from before.
Pros
Good Discount, Friendly Workers, Flexible hours, Good Pay
Cons
Somewhat Warm Environment, Handling Customers Demands, Strict

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.