Harvey's Employee Reviews

Not a good place to be employed
Cashier and Customer Service, Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB, Gateway Blvd7 October 2018
My co-workers were great, nice and easy people to work with. When I first started it was really enjoyable and I had a good time, which you don't expect from a job. But as soon as my 3rd or fourth week came I couldn't stand it, my manager became very rude to me, although compared to the other kids who worked there I was a saint going to all my shifts and always putting on a smile. He would talk about me to my co-workers and would never tell me straight if I made a mistake. when I would ask for 1 day off in like a month he would get mad although letting others just call in the day of. I had to leave the city for emergency and when I came back he would not give me any shifts or answer my texts letting him know I was back, so I had to personally go and pick up my things to leave. Now I still hear from my past co-workers there that they hate it and they all plan on quitting. Do you self a favor and do not apply to Harveys Gateway Blvd. edmonton
Pros
co-workers
Cons
manager, hours, unprofessional
fun
Cashier, Garnishee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 October 2018
My experience at Harveys was mostly positive. The staff treats you like family, and make you feel comfortable. Harveys does get really busy at the time and they are short staffed at times making it hectic.
Pros
staff
Cons
busy and short staff
My job was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was the guest they always made me smile, they made my experience working there even better. I gained relationships with some.
Pros
Free Lunches
Multitask and work hard
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2018
You must be able to multi task and be able to do various types of tasks. Both customer oriented and cleanliness oriented. Breaks are rewarding as you can choose what you would like to eat with a significant discount.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
I work as cashier and promoted to become supervisor. I have learn how to manage my all work as quickly as possible and handle all kinds of customer complain. I have done the payroll and manage the all office works. The hardest part of the job when I had to deal with homeless people daily basis regarding using the washroom and I had to clean for it. The most part was to working as a team.
Super fun
Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2018
Loved working at harveys. Everyone was very welcoming. Was able to advance to a key holder there and they were very willing to work with my schedule. 10/10!!
People can be rude but life must go on
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2018
Some days are more hectic than others, but giving up is not an option. Overall it is a great experience but the employer can be harsh and very discouraging sometimes.
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 August 2018
i start my day at the yard and wait for orders of what i am doing that day. usually sod/hot patch work or directing traffic. very friendly supervisors
Great structured environment
General Manager/ Supervisor/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 August 2018
a wonderful place to work and be part of a team. You feel included and part of a family that is always trying to help one another and take care of eachother.
Decent experience as part time job for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 July 2018
A typical day at work for a young cashier like myself consisted of meeting tons of friendly customers. The management was okay, the workplace culture was more ''get it done fast and do it right' so there really isn't any room for mistakes.
Pros
Engaging with customers
Cons
Long hours (I would finish at around 10:15pm most nights which isn't ideal for students)
Cooperate workers and work with fun.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2018
It is a very good place to work. It is far away from my home which is not good for winter to travel by bus. The staff at Harveys is very polite and helpful and a working environment is created by the workers over there which move into fun and joy.
Great staff
Food Counter Attendant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cookville, NS17 July 2018
I worked at a Harvey's/Swiss Chalet and enjoyed all the people i worked with. The dining room was always kept clean and everyone did their part in helping.
Great Environment
Cashier, Garnisher, Cook, Drive Thru/Expo (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON17 July 2018
Loved working there, amazing coworkers, owner and manager were great to work with. They are understanding of school schedules, appointments, or working around another job's schedule. Easy to get along with manager and owner. Learned how to juggle several tasks.
Pros
Discounts while working and while off shift.
Cashier and Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2018
It was a fast-paced environment which is expected because it is a fast food restaurant. However, the management was disorganized when it came to scheduling.
horaire
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC3 July 2018
ce que j'ai beaucoup aimer, c'est qu'on peux vraiment avoir l'horaire qu'on a besoin. la gérante est conciliante. l'horaire est facile a adapté aux étudiants et à ceux qui ont des enfants.
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
aucune assurance
Lie to you face With their hands in your pocket
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 July 2018
The management is extremely sexiest, and racist towards anyone other then themself, as quoted saying "if I cannot pronounce their name, I don't want them here."
Pros
meaningless pay
Cons
flexible time is the only positive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC30 June 2018
Harvey' needs to work on the type of owners they select to run the business, greedy owners doesnt care for their employees, for them as long as they get money they dont care for anything else.
those type of owner should never be allowed to own a herveys, they spoil the reputation of harvery in the long run, by these following traits, disrecting and foul mouthing employees in front of customers, doesnt care for the quality of food they give to customers especially kids ( eg. the owner doesnt want to fix a faulty freezer and inspite of warnings by employees about the frozen food spoiled, goes ahead and gives to customers )
Pros
flexible time
Cons
bad owner
good company for students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2018
Good company for students. Fast pace environment. Lot of hours, if you want to take extra shift. They need workers all the time, easy to apply and get hired.
Incredibly poor management, low worker morale and outrageous pricing for low-quality food
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2018
-Incredibly poor management
-Low worker morale
-Outrageous pricing for low-quality food
-Frequent violations of employee contract by management team
Pros
50% off staff meal on days of shifts and 20% off at other CARA restaurants
Cons
Too many to type
Small work space, high pressure work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2018
Harveys was a easy job compared to mcdonalds where I worked prior. it is a small building with little back space for workers to move too much. a typical day there was getting to work and starting the opening process, prepping hand cut produce, filling condiments and stocking anything that the night shift workers did not. management there was mostly kind and professional with the exception two managers who were kind of unprofessional and made work kind of hard on some of the staff. The workplace culture was upbeat and jokey but also very serious about getting work done. everyone was very close with each other and often hung out outside of work. honestly the work there was easy for me, McDonalds was far more fast paced and demanded more from me. the hardest thing was dealing with management when one of the two not so good ones work who slacked and spoke poorly to staff but everyone else working was super nice so it was easier to deal with. the people and i guess when there is a rush of orders. the people there just liked to joke around and the rush of orders was like torturous fun, you suffered by having to do everything at max speed and avoid messing up but once you got use to the menus there it was easy.
Pros
discount card and good memories
Cons
had to leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.