Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews

Canada714 reviews
At Harvey’s I learned teamwork and multitasking and how to work in a fast paced environment. Also learned how to follow closing routines.
Harvey’s is a good place for a first job, easy to learn and pick up on routines, along with great teamwork and flexible hours. Many routines to follow at night through closing but it’s easy to pick up on.
Fast-paced but friendly place to work part-time
Busy, fast-paced and sometimes stressful when working night shifts. Harvey's management always taught, emphasized and prioritized customer satisfaction. Employees were friendly, well trained and hard workers, as an employee it felt like you were apart of a family. The hardest part of the job would be working during a 2for6 special as well as working Friday and Saturday night shifts while trying to close on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling included and valued as a person as well as engaging in positive interactions with customers.
Meh
It’s a nice place to work if you enjoy jobs with rude customers and coworkers. Unfortunately, it is like this at most fast food chains. When you work you feel as if you are being talked down to by your supervisors, and you feel that they are consistently making fun of you. It’s not a kind environment to work, I started a shift with no smile and ended that way too.
Working at Harvey's
Was a nice atmosphere. Some of those in management positions did not know how to do their job. Otherwise, very nice staff and owner/ franchisee. Enjoyed the experience
Pros
Free fries and drinks. Discount on meals.
Cons
Lack of direction and ability to change position
Overall unorganized company, little rwards
Training is poor expectations are high Bonuses/raises/opportunities are nonexistent unless you have begged Communication btwmanagers and staff is poor
fast past and productive and good employes
a typical day at work was i get there i sign in and then i start working at the cash or garnishing the food and then whenever it was slow i would go and get the trays and clean them or go restock the straws and napkins and then if there was a customer i would go back and take there order and then when my shift was almost over i would clean whatever i was assigned to.
something
The company culture was great, pay was average for EAP work, a lot of great people work benefits. I just didn’t like overnight but I really cannot day one bad thing about workplace options
productive and fun work place
• Took orders at the drive-thru
• Cooked burgers, fries, onions rings, chicken etc

• Prepared and chopped vegetables for the burgers

• Blanched fries

• Lifted boxes of product weighing 50lbs
Productive and fun workplace
Each day at work is productive and all team members collaborate successfully. I learned to work and keep up in a very fast-paced environment. The management is very good, as well as the efforts from the whole team. I think that the hardest part of the job was getting used to the fast-paced rushes. After quick development and training, however, I quite enjoyed the busy hours. The most enjoyable part of this job is developing strong connections with the team and bonding with other crew members and managers. I loved meeting new employees and working with everyone.
It was a good first job.
I have been working at Harvey's for almost 3 years. It is a nice place to work at, the food is delicious and the customers are nice but you should only work here if you are ready for a fast-paced work environment.
Haven't worked there in years. But was a fun job. Was busy at most times and my coworkers made for a great shift. The food was great and the discounts were even better
Bad
To be completely honest they don’t pay you right they cut your hours down they make you work all jobs. And no matter how much you clean it’s not enough for them and when you don’t have anything to do they make u find somthing to do to keep u buzy
The people at the store are really nice to work with, however, some of the management just like to overuse and miss use their power
They had a very active staff who you would actually want to work with. There were some of those supervisor's who miss uses their more often then ever who you do not want to work with. Customers were very friendly as well. There was nothing to be considered hard unless they were under staffed.
Nice workplace
Nice workplace. I enjoyed and learned a lot when it comes to communication, customer service and organization. I was able to build strong working relationships with my co-workers and customers too.
Very good experience
Working as a crew member , having experience of dealing customers worked in front for garnish and preparation and also lookup for cleaning and maintenance and also experience for opening and closing.
part-time student
Very fast-paced environment, and a great job for students. Friendly staff, and good job for those who learn fast and are quick on their feet. overall wonderful first job.
good
Working as a customer service representative at Harveys was good and I learned a lot. The staff was friendly and It was an excellent work experience.
A fast-paced, fast-food-style restaurant with both drive-thru and sit down dining options.
● Prepared, garnished and packaged various burgers, sandwiches and salads
● Correctly handed out drive-thru orders in a timely manner

● Worked as part of a team to ensure proper and friendly customer service

● Effectively trained multiple new team members

● Swept, mopped and tidied dining area
Unwelcoming enviroment and many disrespectful employees
When I worked at Harvey's I didn't receive the respect I felt I deserved. The employees do not understand how to treat others fairly. The managers are however usually encouraging and understanding.
really good if you're just starting
its a really good job that will give you the experience needed to advance in a better future career and help you make some decent money, very good on schedules and days off and the work isn't too physically demanding overall a good job if you are looking for your first job.
fun work place
a great environment for making friends with employees and working on your social skills when dealing with costumers. aswell as very easy to learn all the cashier systems
Pros
discounts
Cons