Harvey's Employee Reviews

Overall satisfaction
Cashier/Garnisher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2019
Opportunity for advancement is only if you show you are capable to handle the kitchen during big rushes. overall I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB10 February 2019
i was getting bullied there by one of the supervisors, the manager never came out and helped she would always sit in her office. therefore would put more stress on employee in the front of the store
Équipe de feu
Chef-d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC6 February 2019
Super première job pour apprendre à bien travailler.
Average
Server, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2019
Average workplace, good to work here while in school as management works around your hours. Usually busy, if dead then we repeatedly clean the same thing over and over.
It was a fine job.
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 January 2019
It was a decent first job. I've got no complaints. The staff was very friendly and it was all drama free. I left due to lack of hours and needing to relocate.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
nothing
Harveys
Cleaner - lot and lobby (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2019
Harvey's is a great place to work! The staff is very friendly, accommodating, & helpful. The food is very good too. Made fresh and always yummy! If you want great food & service go to Harvey's!
Pros
Discounted food
Horrible work experience.
Front Line Crew, Kitchen Help, Expo (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON18 January 2019
The ownership at this restaurant is absoutely horrible. They threaten that you'll lose your job if you call in and make you feel bad if you do.
They mess up your pays all the time and the treatment of the ownership to staff is horrible. They scream at you in front of customers and if you leave they refuse to give your portion of tips earned during your employment. I strongly recommend you don't work here.
Great Food and Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2019
Always lots to do Customers were friendly for the most part, Always a challenge to see if you could remember someones order or guessing what they would order
Pros
Discounts on lunch and breaks
Cons
Not enough to do sometimes
J'adoré mon équipe
Cuisinier/Caissier (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC13 January 2019
Beaucoup aimer travailler au harvey's , sa ma permis d'étudier en même temps il y avait beaucoup de possibilité de modifier horaire!
Cons
Repas pas gratuit
Fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON12 January 2019
I enjoyed the work. It helped me grow, and now I am looking for new opportunities. I worked a lot of shifts, varied between days and nights. I would like to see what else is out their.
Fellow Employees are good bosses not so much
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2019
Having worked for the same boss for years, and a few others over the years at different locations. Franchisees in this industry are greedy and more often then not don't even know how to do the job, but will nitt pick everything. Fellow staff members in general are great. The Higher management not so much. If you like getting yelled at over stupid stuff by an incompetent franchise owner or not getting paid what your worth then this job is for you.
Pros
freindly staff, potential hours
Cons
Bad franchise owners, being yelled at over stupid things, being good at your job gets you critisized more
Stressful Job with mean boss
Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 January 2019
My time at Harveys was mostly difficult because of my circumstance of my parents custody over me. I had gotten the job at my dads house which was a mistake because I live at my moms and stay there more often.
Pros
discounted milkshakes a couple times and also free soft drink on shift
Cons
mean boss and snobby customers
Fast Paced and positive work environment
Cashier/ Teammate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON18 December 2018
Typically working night and closing shifts, Harveys allowed me to gain experience in both kitchen and customer service aspects of the hospitality industry. Given the responsibilities of handling money and closing the front of the restaurant, Harveys allowed me to better my skills while working in a professional team setting
Pros
discounts, flexible work schedule
Horrible
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC18 December 2018
It was a great job and I had a lot of fun there as my first job. This helped me get to where I am today as well as teach my the difficulties of a fast food environment.
Nice people not very organized or efficient
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 November 2018
Technology seriously needs to be updated. Higher level supervisors are very sweet and understanding, although the scheduling needs to start being sent out electronically, and payment shouldn't have to be done only through RBC.
Draining
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, QC21 November 2018
If you want to overwork yourself it's a great place to be. Here is an advice.. Don't say yes to everything it won't give you a better pay or position.
Poor management
Cashier and Customer Service (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
Young managers do not qualification for human resource management, do not know how to manage and schedule working time for staff correctly. Do not have the cooperation among managers together
working at harveys
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 November 2018
Drive Thru- take orders, pay out window , prepare the food and drinks handout the window

Front- Take orders, put on your gloves and prepare food for customer.

Management- Super nice and understanding, strict at times, you will build good relationships with them.
Pros
really good food, amazing workers
Harvey's
Front Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON31 October 2018
My time at Harvey's taught me about customer service, how to work in a fast past environment with strong attention to detail.Also it taught me how to interact with co workers and customers in a positive manner. I decided to leave due to may availability.
Overall it is a decent place to work with good people
Fryer/Garnisher/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2018
Harveys was a fine place to work at , if you get good hours the pay is decent most of the managers are cool people unless you get on their bad sides naturally
Pros
Decent pay, nice management
Cons
sometimes long hours or not enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.