Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews

Canada772 reviews

Insights into Harvey's

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Great for a kids first job

Very fast paced. standing on your feet for long hours pay is obviously minimum wage, dealing with rude customers always suck but if your a child you don't have many other options.

would not recommend

worked here as a teenager juggling school and it was extremely stressful. i would call in because i wasn’t feeling good and they would not give me any flexibility.

Worth the pay for the stress but lacks work life balance

Love the job. Would be nice to have more of a work/life balance though. Management is great and easy to get along with but high expectations( not a bad thing tho! )

Pros

Great pay

Management is terrible

They treat non management staff horrible and talk behind everyone’s backs and act like they are the best while making you feel terrible while you’re working as hard as you can

Great for a good intro to the food industry

I worked as an all-rounder (grill, cash, and garnisher). All in all, I had a great time until management switched. If you can count cash, put toppings on a burger, and be nice to people. You've got this! I was trained on the point of sale system. and pretty much everything else there is to be trained on, and it's pretty easy, just requires common sense.

Pros

50% food, Friendly co-workers

Cons

Long Hours

Productive, fun , and intense during rush hours

Harvey’s overall is a wonderful place to gain work experience as it is easy going, moreover it gives one a immersive interaction between customer and worker experience. Strongly recommended

Fun place to work in highschool

Flexible hours and a great part-time job to do while in school, not intense labour, just rushes are fast and hard. Gets easier as you go. Good work environment

Fast paced and strenuous

Fast paced, long hours, great customers, flexible with time off, you feel like family when you’ve been there long enough but it’s hard being older with high school students when you’re a seasoned associate. You feel out of the loop, and lack of respect from staff.

Pros

Discounts, flexibility, fun atmosphere

Toxic work environment

The job is easy but management is not good. they overwork employees and the environment does not make it an enjoyable workplace. Management has poor organization for scheduling and they do not look out for their employees well being. For example, getting sick at work, they're gonna make you stay.

Ok

It was the first job I got in high school, it’s minimum wage, can get dirty (from all the fast food), fast paced, wouldn’t really recommend but it was okay. In the beginning it was just one position but overtime it was like all of the front (garnish, drive-thru, cashier), at night only 2 people closed, sometimes would be left alone.

Pros

Free drinks, 50% food while working, flexible

Cons

Working near lots of oils and food can get mess, student wage

I believe everyones first job should be working in the fast food industry.

Yes a great start to working in the real world is working at fast food restaurants. I believe everyones first job should be working in the fast food industry. It teaches us customer service skills as well as thinking quick, moving quick and gives them a sense of accomplishment at end of each day alone with pride for our work that shows. It teaches patience

Pros

Lunches were always free

Cons

Clothes you have to buy permanently smell of greese and it doesn't come out

Great coworkers, still not worth it

Coworkers were great and what made the job worth staying at for as long as I did, managers were nice and did what they could but customers and delivery drivers were rude and had extremely high expectations for teenagers working part time at a fast food chain. Usually understaffed which also sucked. Training was good tho and was offered a supervisor position after a few months, which I declined and would reccomend others to do as well since they definitely had the s**t end of the stick.

Fun enough workplace

A nice place with nice people. would recommend. Sometimes, managers aren't clear enough, but the tasks are engaging, and I always felt respected enough

Meh

it’s good for a first job to get experience on your cv but nothing more. If you like the workers there it’s worth it but as soon as all my friends left i left because it becomes horrible

Family dynamic

The support of the management was amazing. Every company has its drama but overall most people were like family. My manager was wonderful and she looked at us all as if we were her children. We were well taken care of as well.

Not the best pay, terrible management, and not the greatest co-workers

I worked there for 2 months, the pay was alright but pretty bad, the management was terrible, and the co-workers never thought me how to do anything right, it was always the "easy way". Cleaning the bathrooms, "you only have to clean the floor if it looks dirty", "you only need to wipe down the sink and the mirror", Ect. Nothing was ever actually cleaned right, you WILL get treated badly for your first month or so. They treat anyone new like the don't belong. Would not recommend working at Harvey's on Henry st. Brantford, Ontario.

Good job

The job is not hard and straight forward. Depending on the management it could be a good environment or bad. As well depending on the location which will impact the type of customers you get.

Enjoyable and fairly easy job

I liked working here, the managers were supportive and had your back. All our tasks were simple and doable, it's a pretty straightforward job. The only part I didn't like was cleaning the washrooms, but we all took turns. All the coworkers were nice which made it easier to efficiently get the work done. Good at teaching you problem solving skills and how to interact with customers. Good for a first-time job.

Pros

discounted food, friendly work community, managers had your back, respectful environment

Cons

long hours, too many hours even when asked for less, no room for growth/raises, cleaning washrooms

Great place to start.

Its a starter job for minimum wage. Not much else to say. Customers can be rude but gotta learn to be patient an stuff. Thats like everywhere. Not much else to say.

It's not the worst place to work. It's usually slow-paced unless it's lunch or something. If they call you in and you decide to come you will get free food. And all the managers and nice especially the general manager. If you ask for different shifts they almost always change them, you can also take days off if you want.

Pros

Discount of food, free drinks

Cons

Kinda boring unless lunch or dinner.

Fun work place

The job is easy and enjoyable. But stressful and overworked. No time for family or myself , always working late nights. Much favoritism with the staff on scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement