Harte Hanks Employee Reviews

If you liked to be cussed by random strangers
Customer service Agent for Major League (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX19 June 2018
There were two supervisors at Harte Hanks there were great. Most of the ones there had it in there mind that they were the best of the best and the regular employee was nothing.
Pros
Fun to help elderly people
Cons
graded on how long you were on a call
A nightmare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PA19 June 2018
Harte Hanks does not care anything about their employees. Not even managers. They treat everyone as if you’re just another seat in the chair. There is no employee empowerment or advancement everything is very CUT THROAT. I felt more valued working at Chipotle. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND anyone to work for this company. They cut 401K unexpectedly and they LOVE laying people off without notice EVEN IF YOU ARE PERMANENT. I have over 20 awards such as complimentary calls employee of the month etc. But I am also very young and do not have children to take care as of yet or a mortgage but if YOU do please do not do it to yourself. It has been very sad to see coworkers get laid off with only 1-2 day notice that has been a backbone to this company. We are what keeps this company going and there’s no value to us. I’ve seen over 50 employees get laid off with very short notice and eventually I was one of them. But not only myself my manager and EACH of my fellow coworkers in the PA location. With only 2 weeks to find other work (lucky for us I guess) some only had 1-2 day notices. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR STABILITY AND GROWTH THIS IS NOT IT.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Call centers are an abyss
Technical Support - Dotcom/Café Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX17 June 2018
Excellent co-workers; great lower level management (direct contact, supervisors and all), but the upper echelons were horrendous; talking to entitled snobs all day is draining - mentally, physically, and emotionally. Benefits were nice, and the pay was livable, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worth working in a call center again. Humans as a species in general are total garbage, a waste of evolutionary advancement and life force; and you can't really learn that until you wok in a call center. So if you want to remain blind, oblivious, and naive to that undeniable truth, never work a call center job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Harte Hanks Review
Supervisor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX16 June 2018
While I was working for Harte Hanks, it was losing money and the management kept trying to reorganize the business to restore profitability without success,

The parking lot was too small for the number of employee's and each year they rented space from a nearby church and rented a van, hired two drivers and shuttled employee's to and from the off site parking location.

There compensation program needs improvement. During the four years I worked there I was given a $1.00 per hour raise or .25 per year,
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Lacked an annual raise; cost of living program due to a shortage of funding.
N/a
International Trace Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX15 June 2018
I believe Harte Hanks could of invested more in their training program to ensure employee product knowledge. With product knowledge it ensures one call resolution and customer satisfaction.
More like family
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX13 June 2018
Excellent benefits and great coworkers. The potential for long term employment is available especially if you are committed and have customer service experience.
Ok job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TX12 June 2018
it was a fast pace job. You had to have great communication skills and knowledge of the system to speak with the customers.
Having a great attitude is how you get through a day that that job.
ok job
TELESERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX4 June 2018
overall it was ok however there were many hurdles to have to get over to do well here. Way to much drama in the work place from coworkers and customers
its a good place to get your feet wet
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Wells Branch, TX31 May 2018
Its best for just out of high school students and people with a small criminal history. the work is easy and you get 40 hours a week but the fake supervisor smile go away after or even at the end of training. id say come into the job with no smiles so people will try to make YOU smile, and dont accept a job under 13 an hour because its there and you can get it. even if they say you have to wait six month you really dont just wait for that 13 dollar job to pop up. IT WILL BE WORTH IT.
Pros
pot lucks, down time, women
Cons
dana ford, accounts that pay less than others, deaf trainers
shut down
SALES AGENT/LEAD GEN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 May 2018
Very nice building to work in. Lots of cubical space. Another thing they had was great bonuses. If you put the work in they reward wirth prizes also. Great company parties as well.
Pros
No bonus cap
Cons
Not enough courteous management.
Work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PA26 May 2018
My experience with this company hasn't been pleasant. This company has no morals or ethics when it comes to family or life events. i wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company at all unless you do not have family or a life.
Had many daily challenges with management
US Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX21 May 2018
I did not have a good experience with this company. Very poor inter-departmental communication. No real growth opportunities. There was a upper management disconnect with rest of employees as well as the clients. Resulted in loss of clients, then reduction in workforce.
Great company to work with
SR. MARKETING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA17 May 2018
I enjoyed working with analytics team members. The hardest part of the job was more interaction with project managers and less interaction with my boss who I report to. Overall great place to work and learn.
Very productive
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ17 May 2018
Fast paste place doing apple warranty’s inputting data in computer calling callers to see if we can contain an warranty on there product bilingual speaking
Fun work enviroment
Fedex Trace agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX16 May 2018
This place was a fun place to work. Sometimes could be stressful, over all co-workers were fun to work with. Most co-workers were supportive of each other.
Stepping stone to something better
Technical Support Specialist - Microsoft Vendor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX16 May 2018
Harte Hanks could be so much better if they value the employees. They don't treat you with much dignity and sometimes mistreat you. Great place to work if you are looking for a JOB and not a CAREER.
Was once a terrific company
Marketing Account Director (Current Employee) –  Texas15 May 2018
The company has been through many, many changes in leadership and structure. Makes for a volatile environment and hurts morale and the quality of services.
Pros
Employees are very experienced and knowledgeable
Cons
retirement/401k
worked for years
Direct marketing company (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL15 May 2018
workign for HH is like being on a fixed income from social security it was steady and stable and thats about all it was. until they could no longer afford to keep people and had to do lay offs due to poor management over the years.

I really dont have much good to say. Management was lacking at best. It was however stable for years till it was not anymore.

I only stayed for stability reasons. Now that I no longer work there I see no reason why I'd ever want to go back. Its too bad the first year or 2 where ok but again just terrible management at all levels.
Pros
stable till they ran the place into the ground
Cons
too many to list
Stressful work enviroment
Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX10 May 2018
Very fast paced
Receive a lot of calls in a work period
Harsh Management
Offered great benefits
Awesome food trucks during lunch time
Adequate break times
Great for young professionals, helpful management, utilize your skills
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 May 2018
Management is extremely accommodating and caring. Made sure I learned new skills, while letting me build upon what I was already comfortable with. Easy to talk to and collaborate with. Work together for common goal and purpose very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.