Harry Rosen Inc.

Harry Rosen Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
perfect life at Harry Rosen
At Harry Rosen ppl are super nice and friendly. The management team is great and they are progressing toward a better future.
The office is located in Bloor which is great but the office itself is not super nice.
High passed but great culture
It can be very demanding but defiantly great company values. If you like fashion and really want to work, you will get all the tools to become better and can grown in the company.
I'm a freelancer
As a freelancer, it has all the usual pitfalls - irregular hours, no benefits, no consistency, the usual. Otherwise, it's a great gig, relatively easy work, great coworkers, compassionate and level-headed management.
Great
Harry Rosen was a great place to work at ! And I would recommend people to apply there due to great work atmosphere and great co workers and staff ! Always enjoyed working there
Nice place to work. People are friendly.
Hard-working managers and respectful associates. Can be very slow-paced depending on the month. hours are not the best as working Saturdays is a must.
It was nice working there
Fun pace environment competitive
Stressful if you like challenges go there

Team was fine should able make good relations with everyone benefits are ok
Horrible
Clima toxic, disrespectful staff, too much pressure, irresponsible, cruizy manager, we work like slaves.
you are entitled to just one pose per day.

Do not go there you will suffer.
Nice place to work
Nice place, fair salaries, and nice people. I recommend working at Harry Rosen. The location was ver convenient, the benefits for employees were nice.
It was a good learning experince
*The coworkers were easy to deal with for the most part
*management were nice and very accommodating

*workplace culture was fairly competitive

* the hardest part of the job was the slow months given it was luxury items it wouldn't have the same amount of customers as a regular clothing store so as a result there were some down months

*the most enjoyable part was getting to know my coworkers and interacting with them throughout the day
Very nice and friendly environment.
Nice and energetic work place where one not only enjoy the work but also learn more and new technology. Helpful co-workers and team players and professional environment.
Just don’t do it
-Antiquated 1980’s management and corporate culture
-pay structure that operates like a multi level marketing scheme

-everyone, managers to associates, compete for the same customer dollar creates a toxic work environment in which true team work is impossible
Creative and pleasant-sounding
Very punctual management and peaceful environment, working with passionate and learning/giving solutions, doing our best to alter the garment as per customer's desire and company's policy.
Long hours and unreasonable management
At first it was very friendly however we weren’t allowed to even help customers if they wanted to know where a certain section of the store is. If we tried helping then we got in trouble and were scolded in the back.
There is definite favoritism among coworkers from the management because if some of us called in sick once every 1/2 months we would get our hours cut however some coworkers would call in sick once a week and not be scolded at all.
Great workplace for someone who is mostly money driven and does not care about growth progression and work/life balance
Great place for Mens fashion as they specialize in a great variety of brands and a great selection on suits and athleisure.

Pros:

Great compensation. Opportunity to meet a lot of great clients. Great colleagues for the most part. Great employee discount.

Cons:

Lack of support system. Sales philosophy consists of mangers and associates selling, which creating a conflict of interest. Lack of integrity displayed by certain associates goes unpunished as long as the sale is made. Lack of work/life balance. Lack of employee acknowledgement.
Horrible and racist
Working at harry Rosen is horrible,they don't train you well and expect you to know everything where is lack of communication and they felt as you are there to take there job, and they never own up to there own mistakes but blame CSR ,also races, disrespectful an speak to you in unpleasant manner in front of customers,not organized at all an based on lack of respect there isn't enough CSR and everyone is only there for competition to have the highest sale by the end of the day, advice don't even apply

Pro:
Wont recommend
Poeple there are irrespecful, obsess with commission and characters. My recommandation is to stay away.
The only pros is when you make a 20k sales in front of them as a newbie. The Best feeling ever while working there so imagine the big picture. I was a good seller make my sales even the clients was coming to see me because i wasnt harrassing them but I quit because of the poor values and attitude of some sellers there. They should remind themselves than isnt because your wearing a suit (bought at 50%) that you are a millionaire.

My recommandation work from September to January and quit.
Meh
Associates at the store are ungrateful and only care about making money. Come off as rude and pretentious. But of course there are the friendly associates as well who make the work environment positive.
really worst place...
it is really bad place , sales person are very rude they really abused emotionally, they yelling at CSR in front of customers. I had the worst job experience over there ...I don't recomment at all ,they just think how they can earn more money not any respect to employee ...
great job to get your foot in the door
very professional environment. Great as a first job but as a customer service representative pay is fairly low considering the amount of work done. Management can be pretty toxic at times and no real opportunity for advancements.
Pros
great clothing discounts
Competitive Workplace
Harry Rosen has incredible relationships with all the brands. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, sky is the limit. Lots of product knowledge and learning opportunities.
I have learned a lot working for this company and still continue to learn new things that are always introduced. It is a fast paced work environment. You learn how to work with different people for different reasons and my job is associated to all areas of the company. Working with the salespeople, shipping, merchandisers, managers, customers and the bank. A typical day as a Customer Service Representative consists of keying several types of sales, returns, answering clients questions either in person or over the phone, problem solving, cleaning and organizing, emailing and counting cash and deposits.
Pros
Different work experiences in one environment
Cons
n/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry Rosen Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.