Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa

Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Pleasant

Harrison is a relaxing place to be. Simply put slow down enjoy nature and company that your with . No shopping , no stress. Just relax and unwind .

Best thing I ever did was leave

I worked here for several years and the best thing I ever did was leave. The environment was so toxic my mental health was at major risk and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders once I was gone. Management doesn’t listen to the people who work first hand with the guests and they never take preventative measures to prevent obvious issues from happening. They wait until stuff hits the fan and then leave it to the workers to deal with it and be yelled at. There’s no trust in the employees at all when giving suggestions on how to make things better. I didn’t feel appreciated for my hard work either, except from my coworkers who were great and like family. Management is the biggest problem.

Pros

Family, benefits, pay

Cons

Management, stress

Having worked in the industry for 40 yrs the most dissapointing job ever.

Rude managent with below average customer service skills. No training or job advancement opportunities. Borderline criminal narsacistic low skill supervisors who do their jobs by bullying people. Due to the COVID crisis they have decided to use it as leverage to get rid of all high payed empoyees with the intention of highering lower payed labour when the crisis is over. Constant lying and lack of communication from upper level management.No social aspect to the job most people that work there dislike each other.

Pros

non

Cons

Lying and lack of communication

Good money, bad environment

You make a decent wage working at the Harrison Resort. But the people are very clique-y and rude, nobody cares about you and your life. The management is awful and so are the supervisors. If you really need a job and money, work here, but don’t stick around for too long. You won’t advance within the hotel.

Long term employee vs short term employee

It was like pins and needles for most days working amongst staff. My experience was not a balanced one in dealing with union and company politics. This affected team dynamics

Dont care about there employees

They dont care about there employees only that they get the rooms clean, very unprofessional if you ask me, had a current winter storm and couldn't get to work due to the roads and weather and they still expected you to come in.The starting pay for the job isn't worth it

Typical day at work

It is a very demanding job. 13 to 16 rooms a day when done have to help more. Very stressful and high paced. Alot of the co workers are Very rude and hard to work with. There is Alot of favoritism from management very clicky. Coworkers are very unhappy and miserable. Very nice views interesting guess at times. Worked there for over a decade and felt like they pushed me outGood pay and get benefits. Did not like the union no representation.

Hard, competitive, consistent work pace.

The overall job, on the outside may seem worth it but after a while of working there you find yourself disliking the whole pace in its entirety. When working there it's very much cutthroat and competitve and not in a positive way. My mother worked there for 9 years and when she left she was very much relieved she left such a negative work place and I'm only being honest and I would recommend working there if you really want the money, experience and benefits. I'm glad I learned all I learned from there and I wouldn't change that and the people who own the Resort and spa are good people and I hope they catch on soon of how bad management is and hire people that are passionate about what they do or are at least motivated.

Pros

Benefits and well payed

Cons

bad management, negative workplace and must work full-time unless there is a reason not to.

good for entry level

The workplace is nice, and the company has trustworthy and enjoyable organizational culture. Co-workers are nice, but there is not many promotion opportunities.

good place to work

fun place to work, competitive wages and good benefits. head management not very in tune with the workers and needs. would've like to see more accountability taken towards inappropriate staff.

Pros

good salaries and benefits

Cons

stress between co workers and how they treat their jobs

great place to work and good pay and great benefits

Need to change, very fast paced and most of the time if not always understaffed. Lots of overtime during busy season and almost if you are willing to take the extra time. Caring people but at the same time after you give 110% is still not enough

Pros

good wage and great benefits

Cons

understaffed, stressful work environment

Workplace area very run down and uncomfortable.

The tourism industry is extremely interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers. My manager swore all the time. Egged everyone against one another. Had staff members doing her reports. I enjoyed listening to the veteran agents putting information together to correct a reservation. I was proud of them as they double checked things to be sure their customers were getting the best bang for their dollar. I found that the agents worked against each other countless times. For no apparent reason they insulted one another and criticized instead of teaching and handling things together. New comers to the job will never learn what it is to be a team. No management and unprofessional behavior growing like a bad seed will never allow this to happen.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Unprofessional work place.

Constantly visited by movie and film production units

I enjoyed the ability of being able to talk to varying film and media workers while enjoying the Harrison Hot Springs' savage beauty and natural surroundings.

Pros

Got to meet interesting people.

Cons

Didn't get to meet with them long enough.

Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful setting. Decent money if you can get full time

I really liked working there. There were too many people ahead of me in seniority, I couldn't get enough hours. Also, I had to move or I would have stuck to it. All and all, a great working environment.

Pros

Union. Good benefits

Cons

Hard to get full time

Happy I left!!

Worked there for about 6 years in different departments.management is very bad,especially front desk.place is very unorganized.you do not get appreciated as a good employee,they only take advantage of you.regret staying there for so long and wasting so much time of my life.would never recommend anybody to work there.some employees are nice but so much gossiping.managers are the worst for gossiping and very unprofessional.do not care about their stuff.

Pros

Good benefits but only if you work full time

Cons

All the rest

Fun place

Sometimes chaotic but the people are amazing. Can be unorganized but they got a new manager. I learned a lot about the industry. Great customer experiences.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Not a lot of hours in the down seasons.

Very enjoyable workplace

I learned a lot from here and from my Executive Chef aswel as other more experienced cooks there. They are very good employers and its a great place to learn

Pros

Free Benefits, Lunches etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9