Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa Employee Reviews

good for entry level
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Harrison Hot Springs, BC12 June 2018
The workplace is nice, and the company has trustworthy and enjoyable organizational culture. Co-workers are nice, but there is not many promotion opportunities.
good place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Harrison BC27 October 2017
fun place to work, competitive wages and good benefits. head management not very in tune with the workers and needs. would've like to see more accountability taken towards inappropriate staff.
Pros
good salaries and benefits
Cons
stress between co workers and how they treat their jobs
great place to work and good pay and great benefits
Cook (Current Employee) –  Harrison Hot Springs, BC27 January 2017
Need to change, very fast paced and most of the time if not always understaffed. Lots of overtime during busy season and almost if you are willing to take the extra time. Caring people but at the same time after you give 110% is still not enough
Pros
good wage and great benefits
Cons
understaffed, stressful work environment
Workplace area very run down and uncomfortable.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia7 September 2016
The tourism industry is extremely interesting.
I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers.
My manager swore all the time. Egged everyone against one another. Had staff members doing her reports.
I enjoyed listening to the veteran agents putting information together to correct a reservation. I was proud of them as they double checked things to be sure their customers were getting the best bang for their dollar.
I found that the agents worked against each other countless times. For no apparent reason they insulted one another and criticized instead of teaching and handling things together.
New comers to the job will never learn what it is to be a team. No management and unprofessional behavior growing like a bad seed will never allow this to happen.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unprofessional work place.
Constantly visited by movie and film production units
Senior Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrison Hot Springs, BC11 October 2015
I enjoyed the ability of being able to talk to varying film and media workers while enjoying the Harrison Hot Springs' savage beauty and natural surroundings.
Pros
Got to meet interesting people.
Cons
Didn't get to meet with them long enough.
Friendly atmosphere. Beautiful setting. Decent money if you can get full time
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrison Hot Springs, BC23 October 2014
I really liked working there. There were too many people ahead of me in seniority, I couldn't get enough hours. Also, I had to move or I would have stuck to it. All and all, a great working environment.
Pros
Union. Good benefits
Cons
Hard to get full time
Happy I left!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Harrison12 April 2014
Worked there for about 6 years in different departments.management is very bad,especially front desk.place is very unorganized.you do not get appreciated as a good employee,they only take advantage of you.regret staying there for so long and wasting so much time of my life.would never recommend anybody to work there.some employees are nice but so much gossiping.managers are the worst for gossiping and very unprofessional.do not care about their stuff.
Pros
Good benefits but only if you work full time
Cons
All the rest
Fun place
Room Attendant, Truck and Linen, Housemen (Former Employee) –  Harrison Hotsprings, BC27 December 2013
Sometimes chaotic but the people are amazing. Can be unorganized but they got a new manager. I learned a lot about the industry. Great customer experiences.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Not a lot of hours in the down seasons.
Very enjoyable workplace
LINE COOK / BANQUETS (Former Employee) –  Harrison Hot Springs, BC5 July 2013
I learned a lot from here and from my Executive Chef aswel as other more experienced cooks there. They are very good employers and its a great place to learn
Pros
Free Benefits, Lunches etc