Harris Rebar

Harris Rebar Employee Reviews

Canada71 reviews
It's a good place if you feel like staying with in a company for the rest of your life. Life is high stress during the summer and winters can be slow but if you don't fit in you don't last long
extremely toxic work environment with no respect. I would say you're better off cleaning toilets for a living of you have any respect for yourself. I strongly recommend staying away from there.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no gratitude no respect
The branch manager at this location is terrible. Other management is fine. Depending on the work load you could be standing around all day for weeks on end or working your butt off with no end in sight.
The place is noisy and the work is dirty. You only get 2 ( un-paid ) breaks for 15 minutes each regular shift. The atmosphere felt like a cult. Open door policy really means wich hunt for the complainers. Supervisors can't be trusted to always do the right thing. Company claims employees responsible for bad profit sharing. Plenty of waste from management.
Since purchased my Americans too many uncertainties and closures happening . Never able to advance due to “too good at what I do” and “who will do your job”
Long Hours lots of overtime. Good people to work for and with. Lots of training on the different types of equipment that were on site . Good training involved
My job involves coordinating projects. I deal with engineering firms and workers on job sites placing rebar everyday. I communicate with managers regarding the progress of projects. I answer phone calls and emails from customers. I used to detail rebar full-time but have been promoted to project coordinator since 2017.
Nice place to work for new grads coming out of tech school. I found it particularly good to get a better understanding of the structural side of things before I entered the design world
Harris Rebar is definately a safety first working environment. Because of their safety first policies they manage to perform many jobs safely and effectively.
worked out of town on a hydroelectric dam project, worked 21/7 doing rebar inspecting. I learned how to read complex drawings better, work on a mega project, and do rotation shift. It was nice to see how huge the project is and feel the sense of pride when seeing that we are building something for the future.
Pros
great experience that lead to many other jobs
Cons
21/7 is a long scheduled to work
Very stressful environment. Don't think anyone is your friend, they all talk behind your back including your own team and management. Your work is never good enough and if you get sick and go off you won't have a job to return to.
Awful management. Eating at desks. Minimum social interaction even in the kitchen. No training and they expect you to know everything. Middle management is not a safe place to be. Senior managers barely saying "Hello" , sometimes they pretend you don't even exist. Fake people and fake empathy.
Reinforcing steel rebar in this company you're just a number foremans are greddy worst was nermin hasific he is harris rebar foreman .
Once he said if u can't lift more than 50 lbs go home !!!

There is no safety in this comapny they dont care about you

Before u hit the ground they will fire you!

They will keep you only till there is work once work is slow they will only keep guys that are there 5 + years.

Work starts at 7am they expect from you to have your tool belt on and to be on jobsite before 7 am
After 9 years from leaving this company I worked here for 3 years untill I decided to leave. Hours where great some co workers where not and also the boss. Didn't matter how hard you work or show up on time people make mistakes yes i made one and the boss never forgave me so he chose to make my work life unpleasant
I was able to get a job with this great company. Started off as a helper and was soon trained on a shear line. Great help from the trainers as with the for-mans. Lots of hours, the company is good if you can work lots or they can bend around your schedule. It’s really great atmosphere to be around as everyone is really helpful.
Overall enjoyable experience, good co-workers and a good supervisor.
Each day was always different. Company-paid benefits, and good hours of work. Always learning something new about the rebar industry.
I worked at Harris Rebar during my summer vacation. I did various office jobs as a helper where I was needed.
Pros
Nice work environment
I have never been treated so unfairly by so called team members this includes upper and mid management as well as other employees. Open door policy is a joke.The only way to advance and be recognized is if your father is the general foreman . If your not a yes man or a member of their so called "team" or social circle or be a tool for them to use and abuse at will your options to have a secure ,fair ,safe place are non existent. Threats of demotion,hours being taken away,physical violence and all around disrespect is what waits for one who chooses to be a pro active individual .If you challenge or point out faults of the management ,employees,safety or the company, you will be singled out and dealt with. Racism,sexism,lying ,bullying, no job security ,threats of physical violence,verbal and emotional abuse are the tools used by the people who are supposed to act with professionalism and integrity.
Pros
Pay is ok .
Cons
Deplorable upper and mid management, racism, sexism, bullying, no job security, threats of dismissal and physical, verbal, and emotional abuse.
Good company to work for. Just in a tough industry which brings uncertainty to the work force. However with that being said that company does everything in their power to maintain their staff even through the tough times.
You will feel like home. Its an amazing place to work for. Your career can progress very fast, if you are a hard working individual. Safety is always first.
If you like the thought of working at a place where survivor meets the apprentice, this is definitely the place for you. There is no advancement unless you are in with those who are managers. Hard work is rarely recognized or rewarded. Some of the staff are good, hard working, decent individuals. If you're looking for simply a paycheque and benefits, this is your place for it
Pros
easy money
Cons
terrible management