Harmony Beef
Happiness score is 36 out of 100

Harmony Beef Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews

employeeplacepeopletimecompanymanagementjobwork

Not a bad place to work, but horrible pay.

Got lots of great work experience when I was here, in trades that I’m not ticketed in. Job security is good if you can put up with the smells/sights/ meat cutter management. Would be a decent place to work if the pay wasn’t so insulting.

Productive and good weekend times

a typical day at work:Cleaned Cattle pens during the weekend. Have 20hr per weekend so 10hr/day. 7am - 5pmwhat you learned:Time management as well as work under intense pressure from higher upsmanagement:Wasn't bad but wasn't the best. Had our shift posted every weekend before we left our last shift.workplace culture:Definitely wasn't very friendly to people who are sensitive to bad smells. Worked with Cow manure.the hardest part of the job:Being able to eat lunch after a nasty morning of cleaning cow manure.the most enjoyable part of the job:Having the freedom on how we managed our time and listening to music while working made it more enjoyable. As well as talking while working with people there were enjoyable.

Pros

Weekend Shifts only, Not much bossing around and more independent work.

Cons

Production days, messy and really gross smells.

Insights into Harmony Beef

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible place to work

They will chew you up and spit you out. Certain people in the company make up their own rules as they go, communication is abysmal, entitlement runs rampant, and double standards are some of the only standards. The QA department is more interested in creating situations to crack down on than preventing the situation in the first place. Don't work here.

Pros

All the overtime you could ever want, especially when you don't.

Cons

The company treats you like property.

Shipping is full of sheets

No comment. Anyway it is not a place to build your future. To much non sense. Poor management. They don't respect employees at all. They always employ bad supervisor, managers without any experience.

A workplace for the desperate

If you can only work in the meat industry, this place is perfect for you. If you can find a job anywhere else, go to that one. This is a place that will arbitrarily change conditions, increase hours, give and take away responsibilities without letting the employee responsible know about it. The upper management loves loves loves gossip about employees. They go after and react emotionally at employees based on rumors and gossip. The hr department helps to enable this poor approach to management.

Na

They are a good company to work for but they management needs to change how they treat their workers and be understanding that people have a life outside of work

Good place to work most people are reasonable and management is also available and willing to listen.

I enjoyed my time at Harmony Beef, made a lot of friends and had the opportunity to work with some amazingly talented people.I would recommend Harmony Beef to anyone looking for work in the meat processing industry.

Overworked and under appreciated

Poor company too work for. Management doesn’t know what they are doing, if you are not the the circle of people management like expect your life at work to be awful.No advancements in pay.Teamwork is non existent even if your asked to work with someone, expect to do it yourself.Would not recommend applying here

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Management, work life balance, no chance for advancement, lack of teamwork

Good Security Work

If you're doing security it's far better than working for some 3rd party company. I liked it maybe someone will too. In case a position opens up why not.

Pros

Decent Pay

Cons

Long Hours

Great hiring and better Firing.

They say we are all family. Yes they are UNTIL they lay you off for any reason. Reasons? You are too expensive. You are a thread to the superintendent. The more you invest of your skills to keep the company competitive the more they will look for cheaper workers. A Ching Chong Platoon is better than a certified technician. The CEO has a good heart but is not in charge anymore. They do not build teams and leaders they want a hierarchy. Some are in charge and command and others just follow orders. Dont ask. Dont tell your problems. Solve problems yourself. Dont show weakness or ask questions.

Pros

They hire anyone

Cons

They lay off good ppl and keep the cheapies

Horrible workplace

The worse place I’ve ever worked. Very toxic environment and most of the employees feel so unhappy working here. You see new faces all the time, nobody stays here for too long.

overall I enjoyed working with my co-workers but see below

I enjoyed my time at this plant however I found they prefer hiring unskilled tradesman and have terminated the good people they had. It kind of seems to me that they enjoy leading a flock of want to be tradesmen and do not give them the means to grow. I personally taught a couple young men who had the opportunity to work with me some skills that they would have not learned from any of their so called "journeymen" since those young men have gone on to better jobs. My opinion is harmony beef should get their head together and see who is really valuable not who says what they want to hear and maybe hire a maintenance manager who has all his fingers.

Pros

nice people

Cons

awkward point system with no communication

One of best working experiences

People respect each other, boss is very nice. You can get paid on time, and also have bonus if you are on time every day. Awesome place to work, people help each other here.

Pros

pay is fair and on time, people is nice

Cons

enjoy and fun while i’m working with my wo worker.

i like my work, i do my task as a plumber, and no stress of my work.i work i harmony beef 3 months and 1 week, but they don’t follow the contract that i signed before i start to work that it says after my provision 03 months my salary will increase and also my benifits, but the problem it happens to me no increase my salary no benifits, so thats the time i decide to quit and fined some another job that they gives me good benefits and high salary after 3 months.

Pros

yes they have a break time

Cons

i do long hours daily work

Great place to work.

Harmony Beef is a great place to work. It is fast-paced but the managers know how to take good care of their people. There is a lot of diversity in the workplace and everyone is respected and valued despite their culture/ race/ religion.

Pros

Attendance bonus every quarter. A chance to get a car for employees with perfect attendance.

Cons

Occasional Saturday work.

A great company not given enough credit.

Harmony Beef is a great company for people who want to work an honest day's work in a very sustainable business. The place has over 400 employees so it's really busy in the morning. The operation is very clean and efficient. There is just no time to mess around as the job is fast paced but needs to be done safely and with quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of doing a good job in place that respects employees. The training made me very skilled in my job. Also, the animals are treated very humanely and facility is probably the cleanest beef you will ever come across.

Pros

Very sanitary facility, good training, fast paced, good coworkers

Cons

Hard for some people to keep up even though they give enough time to do your work

Watch your back!!

If you can focus on your own work, while some of your co-workers and a select few managers and supervisors. Gossip about you, behind your back,then you have nothing to worry about.It all comes down to “ watch your back “ !!

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Career advancement is strongly dependent upon nepotism

hardest part of my job is im the only working in that peace and its so fast

I like working n this company its just i cannot cope up with the speed....The management is nice from my experience because they listen to my concerned...

production

the job was perfect, but the only problem is side it's too cold. the management is good they have good people. It is a multicultural place .the hardest part as I said it was the climate too cold

Pros

free money

Cons

no more over time

Nothing much

It's good to work for them but there are no opportunities to go up.

Pros

Ready to employee

Cons

They don't really listen to workers

Good place to work at. Worth it

Learned many things. It was a great place to work at. Very friendly people. Would recommend to work there. Although it can get rough sometimes. so be prepared.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmony Beef. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement