Harlan Fairbanks Employee Reviews

Claw back of commissions
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2019
They will claw back commissions if you don't make your number the month before. You also need to write very detailed reports of every person you talked to on the phone or visited to try to increase your business. I have been in sales a long time and fully understand progressive growth but for junkfood (carnival food) they expect a very unreasonable growth, and will fire you when it is not achieved or if you try to discuss being concerned about it.
Pros
free junkfood
Cons
micromanaged, not trusting, clawback of commissions
Fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 September 2018
There was a lot of turn over on staff but most made it a fun place to work. Management was treated me very well but other employees did have issues with management.
Harlan Fairbanks
Territory Manager/ Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Interior BC Regina sask27 December 2017
Pretty good company to work for, Very much family oriented , freedom and flexibility of time off during the day, compensation for the use of your own car isn't good. Hopefully they will change this to keep employees around longer
small company
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
It's a small food beverage company, were they sell popcorn machine, coffee machine, Ice creak machine, etc. Working here is very easy, there are times you have nothing to do. So you have to look for something else to do.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Great company to work for fun and helpful work enviroment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2015
This was a very self motivated job but we had a very good support system and wonderful management to work with.
Typical day involved F2F sales and follow up on current or new clients.
the hardest part would be the out of town travel, with this territory there was at least 2 weeks out of town travel. The best part about this job was what we sold things that bring you back to your youth and fun to sell and talk about. Helping business owners increase the revenue and see them accomplish this was the most satisfying part of my job there.
Rewarding job with great co-workers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 May 2015
A typical day would have entailed checking the service board to see when the equipment came in and then picking the next piece to be repaired, diagnosing the issue and setting about repairing it.
I learned an incredible amount on how equipment is made and how to fix it, how to order parts and receive them. How to do inventory, and that I am perfectly capable of doing whatever I try to do.
I learned that there are many ways to manage people. Some great, some not so great. That we lead by example.
I had wonderful and incredibly helpful and personable co-workers, and that we all have good and bad qualities.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with customers who simply have no respect.
The most enjoyable part of my job was finding the self confidence to accomplish tasks that I had not done before, and also meeting every different sort of person.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hard dirty work
They use you for all your worth and then dump you when they think they can find someone cheaper
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island24 September 2012
They wanted me to use my vehicle and tools. I learned to dismantle and reassemble a ice cream maker. First person in Canada who had done this. Management were very selfish. Only thought of their personal gains. Co-Workers fought against each other. Hardest part of the job was lifting 200 lb. ice cream machine. Most enjoyable was meeting new people