Hard Rock International Management reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 2,177 reviews
Out dated
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2019
Hard Rock Cafe is rooted in a culture of rock n roll and caring. Unfortunately the company was purchased a while back and current ownership is more interested in the bottom line than the very principles that made the company global.
has its moments
Kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 February 2019
i am a supervisor for the kitchen its fun but has its challenges management can be discouraging from time to time over all not a bad place to work though
Pros
free lunch
Cons
odd working hrs ex (4pm to 1am -9am to 3pm next day )
The floor staff is what makes this place awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
The majority of the staff are an amazing group of people, they work incredibly hard and are a real support system for each other. However the upper management is only casino floor revenue driven. there is many an occasion where staff are not set up for success. they lack proper equipment or support needed to successfully do the job. the hours are long and many times you are expected to work past your full 8 1/2 hour shift without being asked it will be expected of you. Loyalty does not rate high on upper managements list. They prefer quite, head down and just do your job employees, even though the hard rock motto is energetic, fun, high paced. they do not value opinions of staff and when you do voice concern you are labeled a trouble maker and will be targeted. Hard rock would be one of the lowest rated places to work. I do not recommend a long term employment at Hard Rock it is appropriate for now, until you can find something better. You are only a employee number when you work for the Casino.
they do not pay a fair wage for the job that is being asked of you, especially the behind the scene jobs
Pros
awesome floor staff
Cons
terrible upper management and HR
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 April 2018
It was a fun energetic environment, with great staff and management.
there was a lot of time on your feet but the tips were great tips. they had decent hours and accommodated schedules by allowing dropping shifts and shift switches.
Pros
good tips
Cons
sore feet
History and culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Hard Rock is about the People i.e guests, staff, management. The brand has a deep history and culture, that revolves around its Values & Mottos. The company is a big proponent of hiring and promoting from within. I was proud to work with the brand for so long and see that after all those years, people are still at the forefront, along with a quest for outstanding service and guest experiences. The brand is a great community and Philanthropic global ambassador. Hard Rock International prides itself on giving back and supporting great causes locally and internationally. The ownership is the Seminole Tribe of Florida, who for me represented Parents, more than a board of directors like previously public traded companies, which The Seminole Tribe is not. The Seminole Ownership is great for the brand and has given it great sustainability and a great future.
Pros
Great People, Great Culture, Great guest Experiences
Decent
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON25 March 2018
Good staff who are very helpful when you first get started. Management is not the strongest factor but the work environment has a family feeling to it, loyalty is strong.
Poor cutlure
Players Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
The Ottawa location is still under OLG management and they are very harsh. Not allowed a day off, make you work when you specifically ask for it off. Get in trouble when you try to switch that said shift.

No respect for employees.
Poor Managment, poor quality working Enviornement
Welder/Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
I enjoyed the job for the first year, but after new management has come into run the shop I work in, It is no longer enjoyable, I have not got a raise since I've started.
Pros
Decent crew
Cons
Managment
Room to Grow in Company
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2017
Management was understaffed and possibly under-trained, but the room to grow in the company is amazing. You could move to multiple departments inside the company, and will be trained to work there. Employees seemed frustrated with management, due to under staffing.
Productive workplace with helpful nice coworkers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 January 2017
I enjoy working at the hard Rock, everyone is open minded and willing to help. They listen to all your ideas and account for them. They don't let you stray and treat you as if your family. The work environment is energetic but serious when need be, but are willing to have fun also.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, caring coworkers, good management
Cons
Long hours at times
Hoorible
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2016
they had no controll over anything and they would always run out of stufff, it was just a horrible place to work, couldn't even get in there without the kitchen smelling horrible.
Energetic and very fun place to work.
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2015
The nature of the restaurant business is anything but typical. While in this position, I learned how to motivate and lead a group. I learned to teach by doing the next right thing and leading by example. The GM who promoted me to management was inspiring. Even though he left the restaurant shortly after promoting me, his belief in me really helped me to succeed. The hardest part of that job was working under 3 different GM's in the time that I was there, and each time learning what was expected of me and adapting accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all of the staff were. It was like one big happy family.
Pros
cash bonuses and free drinks after work.
Cons
very long hours and often working up to 2weeks (sometimes longer) without a day off.
Productive fun crew to work with
labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert AB4 July 2015
I learned something new almost everyday. I did everything from carpentry and concrete to excavating and plumbing. While most of the jobs we did were private like back yards, we were occasionally subcontracted out to do jobs such as pouring concrete curbs for an up and coming sport chek. The management got along very well with the employees, often taking us out for lunch. The hardest part of the day would usually be right after lunch when it was the hottest but it wasn't a ridiculous workload so breaks were taken as needed.
Pros
free lunch, entertaining co-workers
Cons
long days, heavy lifting
Wonderful Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 September 2014
It was pleasure working with a enthusiastic and highly motivated team. Management is really supportive and you do get recognized for your efforts.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Tshirts and 50% off in any other HardRock
Cons
Old Micros system, Seasonal location
An environment where something is always happening.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2080 united blvd , Coquitlam12 August 2014
A typical day at work is leading my team by example and helping out with any given situation that may arise. There are always promotions and shows in our theatre going on, which provides an excellent atmosphere among guests and workers. Hard Rock Casino is a fast paced environment and being able to multi task is a must. Co-workers are a mix of all races and ethnicities. Management is a group of individuals who have worked their way up through the ranks over a period of time. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated, a lot of team leaders have been at the casino for years and have no motivational factor among employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping solve guests problems and putting smile on both guests and peers faces.
Pros
Every day is different and faces it's own challenges.
Cons
Shift work.
Public Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bavaro beach,Punta Cana Dominican Republic5 May 2014
work in hard rock was a great experience for all that I learned during the two years I was part of that prestigious company

the team was very cooperative , understanding, friendly , competent in their duties, and always willing to go the extra mile in their functions, they are my second family ,

my responsibilities at Hard Rock, were clearly detailed by previous training and motivation from the management to always give the best to our guests , managing the timely and accurate information for the sole purpose of making our guests happy ,

The salary can always be more than what was received but was complemented by other benefits such as health insurance that covers 85 % of my medical expenses, 85% of dental insurance coverage, 100 % coverage on a rental apartment with 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms fully furnished , cleaning and maintenance for the apartment , security guard 24 hours, free parking 24-hour, internet service included, transportation transportation to and from the hotel, food and beverage within my work schedule in my free time

For the good treatment and opportunity received ,l 'm very grateful to the company.

The only thing I did not like about my job was that there was no flexibility in the allocation of days free of employees, for example the rest of the hotel work 12 days and have 3 days or 24 days worked and go home for 6 days, but I was forced to go home 1 day one week and 2 days next week which is not enough time to go home to visit family because home is far from Bavaro town
Cons
No flexibility on my days off
Exciting work environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2014
Great place to work as a team.

All staff ( FOH, BOH and management ) all pulled together everyday to ensure a fun, successful business day.
its a fun atmosphere but the pay is minimum wage.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 January 2014
I work as a server at a lounge, if its the weekend (Friday, Saturday) it gets busy after 7pm then you might get tips from people. Any other day, it is really slow and you don't get many people in the lounge. Management tries really hard, its location is terrible and there is no transit or hotel for guests to stay there. Co-workers are fun and try hard to improve the atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is trying to find something to do and keep busy on slow periods. Most enjoyable is dealing with people there, some are really nice and make the time go by faster.
Pros
gain experience from working in a bar/lounge
Cons
the pay.
Good professional company to work for.
Diamond Driller (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC22 May 2013
Professional Company. pays well. Good to work for. Seasonal work. Overall a decent company. No Benefits. Culture ( Mining ) values ( Keeping the client happy ) Job Security ( None ) Advancement ( Probably okay if they were active ) management ( Good ) Work ( Good when working ) life balance ( Too sporadic for life balance.
Pros
Good to work for
Cons
Not steady enough work.
educative, enjoyable and freindly place to work
Supervisor / Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON12 April 2013
manage, repair and operate rock crushing equipment and heavy equipment.
learned everything from general clean up to operating heavy equipment to managing quarry operations.
management and co-workers were easy and enjoyable to work with.
hardest part of the job would have been maintenance to crushing equipment, extremely heavy parts and pieces to move and install.
most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and customers.
Pros
company vehicle usage, cell phone usage.
Cons
long hours, cold, hot, wet, dusty environment, outside work.