Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 2,183 reviews
Stressful work environment
Player Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2019
Not a good work life balance employer. Very stressful work environment. Lots of people calling in sick due to the environment. I wouldn't recommend it.
good
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2018
good place to work at in your younger years. always opportunity for advancement if willing to work hard for it. Strong management within company and some good perks
Poor cutlure
Players Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
The Ottawa location is still under OLG management and they are very harsh. Not allowed a day off, make you work when you specifically ask for it off. Get in trouble when you try to switch that said shift.

No respect for employees.
Fast-pace, with lots of work.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2017
I fond it a great place to work.

I started of as a line cook and worked by way up to the Kitchen Manager/ Front end Supervisor.

Like any cooks job, I found that many people that worked there could not keep up with the pace of the business and in turn quit.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
High turn over rate
Energetic and very fun place to work.
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2015
The nature of the restaurant business is anything but typical. While in this position, I learned how to motivate and lead a group. I learned to teach by doing the next right thing and leading by example. The GM who promoted me to management was inspiring. Even though he left the restaurant shortly after promoting me, his belief in me really helped me to succeed. The hardest part of that job was working under 3 different GM's in the time that I was there, and each time learning what was expected of me and adapting accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all of the staff were. It was like one big happy family.
Pros
cash bonuses and free drinks after work.
Cons
very long hours and often working up to 2weeks (sometimes longer) without a day off.