Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in Coquitlam, BC

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 2,135 reviews
Room to Grow in Company
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2017
Management was understaffed and possibly under-trained, but the room to grow in the company is amazing. You could move to multiple departments inside the company, and will be trained to work there. Employees seemed frustrated with management, due to under staffing.
Hard Rock Life
Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 March 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. The ability to change departments and expand in the company is great and rewarding.
I was a server in the Unlisted Buffett where I took drink orders and cleared tables in a timely fashion. A very fast paced but fun environment.
Most enjoyable part was getting to know the regulars and live music on the weekends.
Pros
live music
Cons
open 24 hours- night shifts
Great benefits, good pay, boring job
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2016
Job as a cashier for hard rock casino is boring due to sitting in one spot at all time but it is easy and the benefits and pay is pretty good.
Pros
Good benefits and wage, good experience, easy job
Cons
Graveyards, boring
Diffrent
Security (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 July 2015
Uneventful on day to day events or atmosphere, Great customer relations. Daily changing customer attitudes and views. High demand of performance and personality. Customer orientated invierment and communication.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Conservative
An environment where something is always happening.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2080 united blvd , Coquitlam12 August 2014
A typical day at work is leading my team by example and helping out with any given situation that may arise. There are always promotions and shows in our theatre going on, which provides an excellent atmosphere among guests and workers. Hard Rock Casino is a fast paced environment and being able to multi task is a must. Co-workers are a mix of all races and ethnicities. Management is a group of individuals who have worked their way up through the ranks over a period of time. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated, a lot of team leaders have been at the casino for years and have no motivational factor among employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping solve guests problems and putting smile on both guests and peers faces.
Pros
Every day is different and faces it's own challenges.
Cons
Shift work.
its a fun atmosphere but the pay is minimum wage.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 January 2014
I work as a server at a lounge, if its the weekend (Friday, Saturday) it gets busy after 7pm then you might get tips from people. Any other day, it is really slow and you don't get many people in the lounge. Management tries really hard, its location is terrible and there is no transit or hotel for guests to stay there. Co-workers are fun and try hard to improve the atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is trying to find something to do and keep busy on slow periods. Most enjoyable is dealing with people there, some are really nice and make the time go by faster.
Pros
gain experience from working in a bar/lounge
Cons
the pay.
Fun and Exciting place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2014
The experience I have had so far with working at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is amazing! The people there are so outgoing and energetic its awesome! Easy people to talk to if you need help with anything and you can literally ask anyone for help. I love it there.
just like working in a safe environmet
Count team (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 December 2013
physically and mentality tired but fun in the same time, constantly communicating with co works to get our work done for the shift, team work is always the key to this job. hardest part if when you are really tired and you have to put a smiling face to the customer. its always enjoyable working there. being with your co works knowing that they got your backs always.