Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Found 54 reviews matching the search See all 2,100 reviews
Stressful work environment
Player Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2019
Not a good work life balance employer. Very stressful work environment. Lots of people calling in sick due to the environment. I wouldn't recommend it.
has its moments
Kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 February 2019
i am a supervisor for the kitchen its fun but has its challenges management can be discouraging from time to time over all not a bad place to work though
Pros
free lunch
Cons
odd working hrs ex (4pm to 1am -9am to 3pm next day )
Well structured workplace and friendly environment.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2018
A fair benefits package provided after six months of employment. Company provides a good amount of minimum work hours to part time employees,with a friendly workplace culture. The salary is low considering the amount of responsibility which comes with the position. The HR is a bit slow and mismanaged when providing and accommodating scheduling. Table games dealer is an overall enjoyable and mostly well paced position.
Pros
hourly breaks
Cons
low hourly wage
The floor staff is what makes this place awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
The majority of the staff are an amazing group of people, they work incredibly hard and are a real support system for each other. However the upper management is only casino floor revenue driven. there is many an occasion where staff are not set up for success. they lack proper equipment or support needed to successfully do the job. the hours are long and many times you are expected to work past your full 8 1/2 hour shift without being asked it will be expected of you. Loyalty does not rate high on upper managements list. They prefer quite, head down and just do your job employees, even though the hard rock motto is energetic, fun, high paced. they do not value opinions of staff and when you do voice concern you are labeled a trouble maker and will be targeted. Hard rock would be one of the lowest rated places to work. I do not recommend a long term employment at Hard Rock it is appropriate for now, until you can find something better. You are only a employee number when you work for the Casino.
they do not pay a fair wage for the job that is being asked of you, especially the behind the scene jobs
Pros
awesome floor staff
Cons
terrible upper management and HR
productive and bustling workplace with lots of great co-workers
line cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 May 2018
i worked here almost 6 months after i got my work visa in Canada in 2013. nice place to work especially in summer when the city is bustling with tourist
Pros
complimentary lunches, dinner for cooks.
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 April 2018
It was a fun energetic environment, with great staff and management.
there was a lot of time on your feet but the tips were great tips. they had decent hours and accommodated schedules by allowing dropping shifts and shift switches.
Pros
good tips
Cons
sore feet
History and culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Hard Rock is about the People i.e guests, staff, management. The brand has a deep history and culture, that revolves around its Values & Mottos. The company is a big proponent of hiring and promoting from within. I was proud to work with the brand for so long and see that after all those years, people are still at the forefront, along with a quest for outstanding service and guest experiences. The brand is a great community and Philanthropic global ambassador. Hard Rock International prides itself on giving back and supporting great causes locally and internationally. The ownership is the Seminole Tribe of Florida, who for me represented Parents, more than a board of directors like previously public traded companies, which The Seminole Tribe is not. The Seminole Ownership is great for the brand and has given it great sustainability and a great future.
Pros
Great People, Great Culture, Great guest Experiences
Decent
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON25 March 2018
Good staff who are very helpful when you first get started. Management is not the strongest factor but the work environment has a family feeling to it, loyalty is strong.
Very productive place highly professional and socialble
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OH21 March 2018
I had a great time working at the property. Worked at the steakhouse and had a very nice set of coworkers and clientele. Nice place to learn stuff and grow in hospitality.
Poor cutlure
Players Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
The Ottawa location is still under OLG management and they are very harsh. Not allowed a day off, make you work when you specifically ask for it off. Get in trouble when you try to switch that said shift.

No respect for employees.
Interesting experience.
Personalized Service in Hard Rock punta Cana (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Get to accomplish all our guests requirements and satisfy them with our great Service and kind smile. Its full of excitement when you take care of Customer for a while week and they go home with your name in their mind because of your hard hard work.
Pros
Doing what i love. Service
Cons
Transportation, and food.
Fast-pace, with lots of work.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2017
I fond it a great place to work.

I started of as a line cook and worked by way up to the Kitchen Manager/ Front end Supervisor.

Like any cooks job, I found that many people that worked there could not keep up with the pace of the business and in turn quit.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
High turn over rate
A fun and dynamic work environment with a close knit group of co-workers.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2017
I was responsible for serving food and beverages in an extremely fast paced environment. While employed there I acquired exceptional multi-tasking skills as well as working very well under pressure. The client base ranged from young urban professionals to tourists, one of the best things about this job was that I got to meet people from all over the world because it was located in West Edmonton Mall.
Pros
We received discounts of 50% off food or merchandise.
Cons
It went out of business.
Fun Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 October 2017
I enjoy interacting with guests and giving them a great experience, most people have never travelled to Niagara Falls before so i enjoy telling them the best places to go and hearing were they are visiting from. I also love the fast paced environment at Hard Rock, multi tasking is one of my strengths and I enjoy constantly being challenged.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Short term job
Poor Managment, poor quality working Enviornement
Welder/Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
I enjoyed the job for the first year, but after new management has come into run the shop I work in, It is no longer enjoyable, I have not got a raise since I've started.
Pros
Decent crew
Cons
Managment
Room to Grow in Company
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2017
Management was understaffed and possibly under-trained, but the room to grow in the company is amazing. You could move to multiple departments inside the company, and will be trained to work there. Employees seemed frustrated with management, due to under staffing.
Server (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2017
Scheduling isn't great, often understaffed making it stressful for other employees. Availability often ignored by managers. Good environment/fun place to work at. Good people/coworkers.
Great company to work for, would be better if they had better understanding of the Canadian market.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Long time employee only leaving due to closure of my location. Hopefully they can reopen somewhere soon! Very detail oriented and definitely more than the memorabilia.
Pros
Benefits, 50% discount, RRSP program. No glass ceiling.
Cons
Long hours, no continuity to shifts. Never sure if it's a nightclub, a bar, a family restaurant or a catering service.
Hard Rock Life
Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 March 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. The ability to change departments and expand in the company is great and rewarding.
I was a server in the Unlisted Buffett where I took drink orders and cleared tables in a timely fashion. A very fast paced but fun environment.
Most enjoyable part was getting to know the regulars and live music on the weekends.
Pros
live music
Cons
open 24 hours- night shifts
Productive workplace with helpful nice coworkers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 January 2017
I enjoy working at the hard Rock, everyone is open minded and willing to help. They listen to all your ideas and account for them. They don't let you stray and treat you as if your family. The work environment is energetic but serious when need be, but are willing to have fun also.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, caring coworkers, good management
Cons
Long hours at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.