Harbour Technologies

Harbour Technologies Employee Reviews

A typical day at work would begin at 7am. I was there shortly because I applied as a university co-op student. Management was quite friendly, fairly flexible, but always had something on the go. I found that to be very instructional, as they set an example for my own drive. I would say that the hardest part of the job was balancing the numerous ongoing projects that would sometimes overlap in time. The most enjoyable part was the exact same. I learned a great deal on the job, felt like I was making a difference, and would be expected to switch roles at the drop of a pin. I loved it!
Great place to work. Owners are great people. No micro management and very helpful when you need it. I would recommend this company to anyone who is driven and doesn't require much direction on a day to day basis.
-Cleaning up after the machinists, lending a hand to our assembly worker Chris, running production parts, maintaining the shop. -I learned about the imperial measurement system, a little bit about the assembly process of complex custom machinery. Time management. I learned a bit about delivering and receiving parts on a cross border level. Organizational management in a compact environment. -The management was friendly -The hardest part of the job was navigating around the Michigan area -The most enjoyable part of the job was learning each step and particular details of the machine building process. From raw steel to an assembled, working piece of equipment.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Slow work intake.