Harbour House Hotel Employee Reviews

not a fun work environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Salt Spring Island, BC14 November 2018
I was hired as there chef to open the restaurant, I wrote all menus and executed all five services for each day. Breakfast lunch happy hour dinner happy hour/late night menu, plus banquets. I worked 18 hours a day for 60 days straight. they never paid me overtime and fired the entire management team when they could replace us with cheaper workers. Worst job ever
Cons
Nightmare
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Housekeeping24 August 2018
There was no proper training and the staff was abusive. You’re treated sub human by the rest of your staff because of the position. It’s also back breaking. ANY JOB is better than this one. Literally I’d rather apply at McDonald’s.
Cons
Team work and physically active
Full time Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Spring Island, BC14 January 2017
A typical day was very up beat & quick paced.
I learned a lot about team work as well as being flexible with where I was needed.
I enjoyed working with management to ensure all guests requests where met.
Always felt my co-workers where there for me when I needed some support.
I found it difficult to schedule with limited staff.
I enjoyed the physical aspects of the job.
Company was sold
Concierge /Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara on the Lake29 March 2016
One of the top Hotels in Niagara on the Lake. Scored top in Ontario yearly, thru Ontario's Finest Inns & Resorts Association.

Total focus was on the guests.Took a complete team approach to provide the level of services required.A guest was welcomed with wine, any services that the guest required was attempted if possible from theater tickets, to fine winery dining, limousines , helicopter tours over Niagara, arranging proposals etc..

All-tho, it was a small group of 3 hotels in total, the president was hands on in the constant upgrades to the properties, She would involve staff, asking for constructive input etc.

Hardest part of the position was constantly trying to keep ahead of each guest , as many of the guests at the Hotel would be 3-4 times a year guests that knew staff by name and would expect certain standing requests be meant before their arrival,(wines, flowers ,special dates right down to certain kinds of Ju- Jube's etc. ).

The most enjoyable part of the job- The guests , watching them enjoy their stays and forming relationships with them.
Hostess/Waitress/Prep Cook
Hostess/Waitress/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON10 May 2012
A typical day at work would include greeting new guests to the hotel and seating them. Served food and beverage orders in a timely manner to ensure a relaxing dining experience. I was responsible for the production of baked goods and hot dishes for the extensive, daily continental breakfast. As well as built rapport with guests and offered recommendations on local tourist attractions. I learned how to serve guests and interact while multitasking. The hardest part of the job was to wake up at 6am. The most enjoyable part of the job was the production of the continental breakfast.
Pros
free nights stay at the hotel