Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I really enjoyed the environment in the office and the craftsmen/crafts women we worked along side of. The downside was that I had worked there for 6 years without one single raise. Ultimately this played a huge factor in my leaving.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wages as very poor
Job was pretty straight forward, Customer Based, there were no chance to advance, left Management was 1 person, and there was no chance of Overtime, there was no set policy for days and time off. No Benifits
Pros
Same Song and Dance everyday
Cons
No benifits, no advancement
The hardest part of this job was working with one of the owners.The first two months were great however somehow the vibes changed within mgmt/owners thereafter. The last straw was when the owner threw a trash bag on my desk and demanded that I take out the trash. I left the company without providing my 2 weeks notice and I did not get my full check of all my hours that worked. I was shorted on my hours. This was the first job that I ever had where I had to learn a system on my own but after 3 weeks of strugging, I finally got it. I believe Management needs alot of training. I also tried to have a filing system instead of sorting threw many copies but that went out the window. No consistency in work flow.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, no benefits, no paid time off, Mgmt will not speak to irrate customers due to the poor work of their contracts
I was hired as a part time CSR and was consistently working 35+ hours per week (no benefits are offered) and finding myself doing all the work scheduling customers, hiring, billing, dealing with craftsman, vendors and handling owners other businesses he was trying to run out of the office. The owner ran off (fired) 2 other CSR's and would flip out and fire people for inappropriate reasons. I was yelled at several times and management was horrible. The idea of the franchise is great but be very careful who you are working for if you take a job here. I gave 110% of myself and was rewarded with bonuses but also let go during the same time period for no reason and someone with less seniority and experience than me was given my job.
Pros
Work hard and bonuses are rewarded
Cons
Poor management and computer bugs
Managements is not very good. Attitudes all the time. Very stressful work environment. A typical day at work was always the same. Come in & expect almost the same thing everyday. Whether its dealing with customers of craftsmen. Hardest part of the job is not getting much help when you ask questions.
Pros
Luches
Cons
I worked with Handyman Connection for 4 months & have never felt so less of myself. The GM was very rude & controlling. Didn't really get the accurate help I needed when I asked. All I got was a smart response that made me fell less of what I am. My co workers were great. Really nice people & helped when asked. The owner was great. The hardest part of this job was getting talked to so rudely, like I was unable to understand what was being said to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I spoke with. They were always so nice & understanding. They always made me smile even when I was having a bad day.
Pros
Lunches, breaks
Cons
Negative work environment
Small office, with supportive management. Working with craftsman make every day different and challenging. Laid back in the sense we can go for lunch at any point during the day when it is not busy.
relaxed, fun, honest team work. reliable staff. There is no hard part at Handyman Connection. This company delivers good work and workmen. Always gets good reviews from customer.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
I learned Multi tasking at its best....the company was still all old school. Not computerized yet, everything besides sales were hand written. I learned how to balance 38 different craftsmen in 5 different cities. Answering phones and promoting work orders from potential clients, scheduling work for craftsmen, as well as getting daily reports from craftsmen. Filing paperwork/jobs complete. As well as electronic and regular mail. Faxing, photocopying and maintaining the office when the boss was out of the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the public and craftsmen.
Pros
learned how to run an office more efficiently