Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Employee Reviews for Craftsman

I have been work with in ten years ago I have been experienced my feil in craftsman I know how small incomes and big for eny mantence job that will cost me less than what amount of money will I received after my work has been done
Cons
Great opportunities abound for the motivated. HBe sure to account for / self compensate via distributing amongst all bids, your travel time, transport expenses, consumables, etc... If you do so, you’ll win.
Pros
You control your time.
Cons
Schedulers sometimes quote customers before you do... sometimes quote flat rates for common jobs, and sometimes do not share all the customers’ needs with you.
Handyman Connection is not a great place to work for a myriad of reasons. For starters, you do not have a stated hourly rate and you are not compensated for any of the bidding work that you do. If you only do work that is "Pre-sold", there is a pre-determined labor budget and it is often poorly calculated. The hardest part of the job is the lack of certainty that you have regarding your pay check. One week you can make $27.00 an hour the next week it's $10.00 an hour. There are no benefits of any kind offered to employees working outside of the main office. Pay is done weekly, so this can be a plus. There are some solid guys that you can learn from, but multiple Craftsman on a job is fairly rare. Expect delays in getting support from Craftsman who are capable in trades that you may be ill equipped or unlicensed to handle. This will no doubt frustrate your customer.
This company isn’t worth working for, you won’t learn anything, you will only be disappointed and dissatisfied. The business model is terrible. The owner/boss isn’t a Carpenter and has never done the work and as a craftsman, you will never see eye to eye with him. The pay is low and the trades are responsible for everything. The types of work that is offered is “Industry scraps”.
Great work, high pressure, poor pay for work required. Unexpected issues that arise are on craftsmans expense. Hours required are all hours of day and night.
Was cowardly advised i would receive jobs after being relieved of duties because of an incompetent property maintenance lead who thinks he walks on water but hasn't the skill set too critique the work assigned
Excellent platform for my skills and time I can devote. The process for estimating each project is subject to my approval and my bosses approvals. The clients we deal with vary from smoke detectors and light builds to cabinetry and handrails.
Handyman Connection is a professional company that takes great care of their employees. You will stay busy and be compensated well for your hard work. The jobs change from day-to-day which keeps you knowledgeable and able to improve your skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
The 70/30 split in their favor is absurd. You can't get any jobs when you have to tack on seventy percent on top of you need to make to do the job. The split should be 80/20 to the craftsmans favor. Don't waste your time and fuel trying to work there.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay split
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Handyman Connection?
It's a great place to work if you love driving and talking to lots of people because you will do a lot of both. As for the work, the company is positioned to take the jobs most others won't touch. Basically you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel. Save yourself the trouble.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Everything else
I enjoy doing what I do at Handyman Connection. I have been able to use my entire skill set. I enjoy the variety of work. I do everything from dry wall repair to deck building to remodels to plumbing, it is a great place for a retiree or someone with a stable income that is looking for supplemental income as well. I have nothing bad to say about Handyman Connection, it is a great place for part time supplemental work and income.
Pros
work as you want to
Cons
no benefits, not steady work for a primary job.
They don't pay you for estimates, which consists of 90% of your time/schedule. They advertise $1200.00 per week as a base pay rate but that's only if you're actually doing the work and getting 40+ hours doing it. I quit a full-time construction job because I thought they would keep me busy and give me the advertised base pay per week. I'm only taking in about a quarter of that. I'm quitting if they can't get their act together and going back to my previous employer. This company is great for the retired Craftsman or high school student that doesn't mind making less than $300 a week and paying for their own gas and vehicle expenses. No health, life, disability, dental, retirement, or vision benefits either.
Pros
Freedom to pick your scheduled hours and do thing you might enjoy.
Cons
Everything else related to this company
Very good management with good compensation and flexibility. However there are currently no benefits offered. No training is offered so experience is required.
A great place to work with a diversity of duties. I've learned many new job skills.
Call office for appointment Schedule, meet and discuss work needing to be done, call office for price, do the work required to fulfill contract. management had incentive programs to get more out of selling but with the ammount of contractors it was hard to get enough work to keep me busy. The hardest part of job was selling my work for twice the price. I really enjoyed seeing the customers faces when something is fixed right
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough work for the amount of contractors