Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews

jobworkgoodsmalltimegreatcraftsmanoffice

Not bad company if you want feel gaps in your schedule

Not bad company if you want feel gaps in your schedule. you can choose your hors and scope of work. They had a big turn over of staff and trades making it had to build a good with the trades u had to sign jobs to and inspect there work in all not bad

Official response from Handyman Connection

10 November 2022
Thank you for your sincere feedback about your time with Handyman Connection as a Contractor. We appreciate the hard work you contributed to Ottawa's team. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the hours for your position but we're sorry to learn that certain aspects of the job weren't to your satisfaction. Every Handyman Connection location is independently owned and operated. We encourage you to address your concerns with your local management team so that they can be taken care of when they've surfaced. Thank you again for your time with us here at Handyman ConnectionThe Home Office Team, Handyman Connection

Good place for quick work

The tests and training are excellent and essential for finding and securing work. I am glad I took the opportunity to better my work experience. I would recommend them to anyone.

Insights into Handyman Connection

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Flexible job locations, flexible availability

They are flexible for where you want to work.there are various job sizes from small to full renovation jobs.You need to be good in estimating otherwise you may lose hours.

Pros

availability that I chose

They don’t care about you

Lot of travel for small job, cost of gas very high and small reward, don’t waste your time with this company. Keep looking for better job good luck in your search

Pros

Cons

Low wages and lot of travel for small job

Great employer for those looking to generate more income.

I would highly recommend Handyman Connection to those who are self employed and wish to generate more income without being endlessly micro managed.Very friendly staff.

great to work

i have known Handyman for many years as they know me too, any body who has complained about their salary is probably pricing wrong, I believe in quality but it takes time to achieve and time is money. I am not afraid to charge but rare are the complaints about the work performed not price, I am paid at the end of every contract and even more in according to new bonusses that i was not aware of, thanks for the honesty so in my opinion I think its a great group of people in Ottawa and a super system thanks guys and gals for your hard work and support

Pros

the feeling of belonging

Cons

hard to estimate hours required

Poor management poor pay poor working

Use your gas wear and tear in your vehicle use your tools and materials use your time to drive everywhere and never garentee a job take all the risk and they take more then half of what you get paid.....

Pros

Nine

Cons

Run just run

Ok

I really enjoyed the environment in the office and the craftsmen/crafts women we worked along side of. The downside was that I had worked there for 6 years without one single raise. Ultimately this played a huge factor in my leaving.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Wages as very poor

good place to work

Varied jobs make for good work life balance. good to meet different customers and help them with their requirements. Able to choose what jobs I want to take on.

Don’t waste your time.

This company isn’t worth working for, you won’t learn anything, you will only be disappointed and dissatisfied. The business model is terrible. The owner/boss isn’t a Carpenter and has never done the work and as a craftsman, you will never see eye to eye with him. The pay is low and the trades are responsible for everything. The types of work that is offered is “Industry scraps”.

Thanks

Great work, high pressure, poor pay for work required. Unexpected issues that arise are on craftsmans expense. Hours required are all hours of day and night.

Good Company

One of the best places I’ve worked in the sense of being around great people. I found I made fairly good money. My boss was a great person on the whole. Customers and workers were hit or miss like most companies. Overall I would recommend.

Great if you love driving and talking with people

It's a great place to work if you love driving and talking to lots of people because you will do a lot of both. As for the work, the company is positioned to take the jobs most others won't touch. Basically you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel. Save yourself the trouble.

Pros

Set your own schedule

Cons

Everything else

Some boys making funny how to work

I have been work with in ten years ago I have been experienced my feil in craftsman I know how small incomes and big for eny mantence job that will cost me less than what amount of money will I received after my work has been done

Cons

productive and fun working place

It is a good and nice environment to be around to be a part of a good change, repairing damages made in a house or changing the style of a house to suite the owner. Like changing laminate flooring, full bathroom renovation and all handy things in a house hold. I happen to lift a lot in the process and handle alot power tools

Declined to go further

*A company that peels off the Workers wage (Siphon Effect) and the worker TAKES ALL RESPONSIBILITY/INSURANCE/PERMITS/TOOLS. Better off with Own Business or work for Legitimate Employer/employee situation. *This is a weak type of pyramid scheme. *Anyone who assumes low risk (which this company does) in a partnership type of business situation, is not to be trusted, as the company has little to lose!

Pros

This company assumes no risk

Cons

The risk is ALL on the worker!, Partnership is ALL against the worker!, False advertising on what actually is given back as wage/salary for worker compensation!

Work if needed

A good place if if you wanted a little cash or lost a job lots of work there also great chance u can score a perm job and have exp in labor and gain

Pros

Temporary work

Cons

Pay

Not enough work

Too much time spent on estimating for small jobs. Company gets higher percentage just for taking call. You take all risks and carry all expenses for tools and vehicle.

Pros

self employed

Cons

no control who your customers are

Applicants Beware

This company has a horrible policy in terms of what you as the worker is worth. Save your dignity & valuable time and keep looking.

Productive work environment

Small office, with supportive management. Working with craftsman make every day different and challenging. Laid back in the sense we can go for lunch at any point during the day when it is not busy.

great work ethic

enjoyed working with office staff and home owners doing small to medium home repairs and renovations, liked the satisfaction of completing the job to homeowners approval

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Handyman Connection. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement