Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Some boys making funny how to work
I have been work with in ten years ago I have been experienced my feil in craftsman I know how small incomes and big for eny mantence job that will cost me less than what amount of money will I received after my work has been done
good place to work
Varied jobs make for good work life balance. good to meet different customers and help them with their requirements. Able to choose what jobs I want to take on.
Don’t waste your time.
This company isn’t worth working for, you won’t learn anything, you will only be disappointed and dissatisfied. The business model is terrible. The owner/boss isn’t a Carpenter and has never done the work and as a craftsman, you will never see eye to eye with him. The pay is low and the trades are responsible for everything. The types of work that is offered is “Industry scraps”.
Thanks
Great work, high pressure, poor pay for work required. Unexpected issues that arise are on craftsmans expense. Hours required are all hours of day and night.
Good Company
One of the best places I’ve worked in the sense of being around great people. I found I made fairly good money. My boss was a great person on the whole. Customers and workers were hit or miss like most companies. Overall I would recommend.
Great if you love driving and talking with people
It's a great place to work if you love driving and talking to lots of people because you will do a lot of both. As for the work, the company is positioned to take the jobs most others won't touch. Basically you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel.

Save yourself the trouble.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Everything else
productive and fun working place
It is a good and nice environment to be around to be a part of a good change, repairing damages made in a house or changing the style of a house to suite the owner. Like changing laminate flooring, full bathroom renovation and all handy things in a house hold. I happen to lift a lot in the process and handle alot power tools
Declined to go further
*A company that peels off the Workers wage (Siphon Effect) and the worker TAKES ALL RESPONSIBILITY/INSURANCE/PERMITS/TOOLS. Better off with Own Business or work for Legitimate Employer/employee situation.
*This is a weak type of pyramid scheme.

*Anyone who assumes low risk (which this company does) in a partnership type of business situation, is not to be trusted, as the company has little to lose!
Pros
This company assumes no risk
Cons
The risk is ALL on the worker!, Partnership is ALL against the worker!, False advertising on what actually is given back as wage/salary for worker compensation!
Work if needed
A good place if if you wanted a little cash or lost a job lots of work there also great chance u can score a perm job and have exp in labor and gain
Pros
Temporary work
Cons
Pay
Not enough work
Too much time spent on estimating for small jobs.
Company gets higher percentage just for taking call.

You take all risks and carry all expenses for tools and vehicle.
Pros
self employed
Cons
no control who your customers are
Applicants Beware
This company has a horrible policy in terms of what you as the worker is worth. Save your dignity & valuable time and keep looking.
Productive work environment
Small office, with supportive management. Working with craftsman make every day different and challenging. Laid back in the sense we can go for lunch at any point during the day when it is not busy.
great work ethic
enjoyed working with office staff and home owners doing small to medium home repairs and renovations, liked the satisfaction of completing the job to homeowners approval
i will let you know when they hire me
they have a great job application....and a typical day is work until break then break for 15 minutes then go back to work until lunch. half hr later even though you feel like sleeping you work untillo the job is done. the most enjoyable about the day is looking at the work you have did and saying," that is a great job."
Pros
ask all the right questions
Cons
ask too many questions that were not relevant to the job. discriminating against criminals
Fun, good team work, relax
relaxed, fun, honest team work. reliable staff. There is no hard part at Handyman Connection. This company delivers good work and workmen. Always gets good reviews from customer.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Educational
When working for this company I was provided with job leads, I would go to the customers home and evaluate the work.projects that they wanted done. Provide the customer/client with a written estimate. If the client wanted to proceed with their projects I would schedule the start and finish dates, provide the customer with the required material list and suggest material vendors.
Good Job
Fast paced during busy seasons which teaches you how to use your time effectively. Small office environment, so must be very self-motivated. Love being able to be responsible for various issues and interacting with customers and contractors.
A very Productive place to work
I learned Multi tasking at its best....the company was still all old school. Not computerized yet, everything besides sales were hand written. I learned how to balance 38 different craftsmen in 5 different cities. Answering phones and promoting work orders from potential clients, scheduling work for craftsmen, as well as getting daily reports from craftsmen. Filing paperwork/jobs complete. As well as electronic and regular mail. Faxing, photocopying and maintaining the office when the boss was out of the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the public and craftsmen.
Pros
learned how to run an office more efficiently