HAMPTON TERRACE CARE CENTRE Employee Reviews

Great work place
psw (Current Employee) –  Hampton Terrace Burlington Ontario10 October 2018
A great place to work, smaller home, residents are great, staff are nice and help each other, managers help out . Lots of chance to pick up shifts, wages good. Lots of improvement in the last 2 years, I like going to work.
psw (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 July 2018
A typical day is busy like all care facilities, but the residents are great and the staff are nice. Management is good and is involved in a good way, they will respond to your concerns. Best part is co workers and residents. Wages are very good . Right on the bus line.
Changes can be good
Front line staff (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 March 2018
Worked here for many years. There's been a lot of changes but I think it is for the better. Management staff did change, now they are more involved, the last ones mainly stayed in their office. Probably why other people's comment is negative because they can do whatever they want. Communication could always improve but overall, it is better. If you do your job well, you won't have any problems.
Benefits
Cons
Work can be heavy but is a given in long term care
ok
Staff Nurse, Long-Term Care Facility (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2018
give meds to residents, and monitor them. Mostly part time staff, with only 5 hour shifts for rpn's. Expect you to be able to finish everything in 5 hours as oppsed to 8 hrs like other places.
Awful management
PSW (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 November 2017
Terrible place to work at
Management is horrible
They’ll fire you without a valid reason before you made your probation purposely so you don’t enter the union
Stay away
Bad managment
RN (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 June 2017
I worked at Hampton for 5 years. They've let go all good RNs and RPNs before they realized that management was not just bed but thiefs and criminals. Our admin at that time hired whole family, they've renovated and build homes on expense of the company. At he other side- they won't approve 1 minute of overtime.
I am glad they are all walked away, but it looks like damage can not be fixed
However,it was nice place to work ,I met some nice people there who also left for same reasons as I did
Pros
Small home, good location, nicely decorated, few excellent workers
Cons
Heavy job load, no over times, poverfull Filipino community (good luck if you are not one of them)
needss improvement
Assisting Clients (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 May 2017
as years went on as I worked management has changed. the new management didn't have good people skills but over all enjoyed working with the staff

++++++++
Previously a fun and family oriented workplace
Office Support / Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 March 2016
I had 12 years of employment at this facility. It was a great place to work for 9 years. Unfortunately, we acquired new management. Within one week of this occurring, our Administrator, Office Manager, Accountant and Director of Care walked off the job. Since, that point all aspects of the long-term care home went south.
Pros
Many good years, made great long-term friends
Cons
New management was a very poor fit for the facility.
I love being a nurse!
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 August 2013
I love my job, but status has changed. Facilities are at full capacity with more complex care needs and limited staff. The writer medicates 50 residents twice a shift, treatments and all documentation required and sometimes taking work home.
Pros
I am lucky to have a job
Cons
Heavy work load