Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 5,924 reviews
I’ve in joyed my time at the Hampton but it’s time to move the a more realist Job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 October 2018
My work day starts at 8:20am and I work till I’m done cleaning the rooms I’ve been given that day. My work days range and contain different hours, some days I work 4 hours then others I work 9 hours. From working at the Hampton I’ve learned to do 100% of the work the first time rather then going back and fixing what I missed. The management is the best I’ve ever worked for in my life, they are understanding when family/life problems pop up and are willing to work around the situation
Pros
The people who work there and one payed break at 2:30pm
Cons
Not enough hours and repetitive
Hampton Look after its staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON3 September 2018
Overall was a great place to work. Free breakfast and lunch and lots to drink. Hampton took care of its workers. On the other hand associates display toxic environment. I was told "if you don't fight and talk back then you won't make it here at the Hampton Inn."
Grown woman fighting over linen and towel. Grown old woman would hide linens and towel in storage area and carts even when they are not working the day. They would also have their friends watching over their carts and boxes of linen hidden. Diversity culture has no respect for each other... NO respect for the house keeping, laundry manager . At the end of the day if you don't have a bully spirit to work there you won't stand a chance.
As I said very toxic environment in the housekeeping department. and very rough around the edge.
Great manager that means well to help the team.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Old staff toxic behaviour environment
Working as a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS9 July 2018
A typical day working as a housekeeper started off at 8am on weekdays and 9am on weekends. Our daily tasks included making each and every individual room as clean and satisfying as possible.

I learned that not everyone leaves with respect in the room after staying in the clean room us housekeepers gave them to check in to.

The management was great for the most part. We all had our days when we were stressed and busy but overall management always was aware of problems and did a lot to resolve them as quickly and respectfully as they could.

The hardest part of the job was getting what NEEDED to be done, done in the matter of the time we are given to do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to create bonds with such great people.
Pros
Hotel price discounts for employees
Cons
Hand on the body
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2019
The Hampton Inn by Hilton is a place most people don't like to work. They cut your hours short every day to make you work at least 3-4 hours a day then send you home, or make you only work once or twice a week. Management and all the staff are not easy to work with.
Pros
free pizza lunches Sunday's.
Cons
The time limits for each room
Housekeeping.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 October 2018
For the most part it was good place to when you first start. But if you are there for longer then 2 months you start to notice how unfair management there is. They do not promote easily or
Needs improvement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 March 2018
It's not too bad of a place to work, the hours are there if you want them. However; there are NO perks to this job. No benefit packages for staff, not allowed to use the facility for own recreational purposes, and if you plan on completion of rooms by prompt times don't count on it, they DO NOT have enough linens for this. So you'll be doing ALOT of running back to rooms near the end of your shift. Never enough towels to restock the stays on a busy weekend. Not nearly enough room attendants so if you need days off, they are NOT flexible with your schedule and therefore no coverage for shifts. And if you don't mind missing out on that first morning break.
Pros
Cons
No staff benefit packages!!! Not allowed to use the pool or facility's gym, No PERKS to this job!! No paid morning coffee breaks!!
very productive and a great atmosphere to work in.
House person (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2018
a good place to work, extremely helpful in all areas of the job. good management style an overall a good atmosphere to work in. it also has a great deal of diversity.
lack of communication
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 September 2018
Staff was nice but there wasn't a lot of communication between everyone. If you like to work by yourself not a bad thing to get into. not a lot of hours to though
Pros
independant working
Cons
communication
It was an okay work environment, lots of physical work for not such a great pay, also lots of drama
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 April 2018
The Hampton Inn by Hilton is an okay place to work. As a housekeeper, there is a lot of physical labour for not enough pay. Other staff member can be rude. There is also lots of drama that goes on which can hamper productivity. It is a good place to work if you like to do your own thing.
Not bad at all
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 March 2018
I enjoyed the freedom of working alone at my own pace. I also enjoyed the discounted rooms in the Hilton chain of hotels. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
dirty work
A decent place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 November 2017
I worked here for a while. It was a good place to work. The pay was fair for the work done. Ample time was given to do the work. Management was easy to approach if there was an issue.
Good work site but no flexibility.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba3 October 2012
A typical day working at Hampton Inn was hard and phyically demanding. We changed the linens, towels, soap, coffee, tea, cups and everything that needed to be changed or to be replaced with clean and washed material. What I learned from working with Hampton Inn hotel was, it takes 15 minutes(20 minutes max.)to clean one room with 2 beds. Also, I learned how to clean the dining area and the stairs area of a hotel. The management was okay, would of been better if the manager hired two people per room and not one. For this reason, I lost 5 pounds within one and a half weeks working there. What if a pregnant woman was working there? Now you can paint the picture. But, the co workers were really friendly and helpful when you needed it. Overall, I enjoyed cleaning the rooms, helping guests with anything they needed and also cleaning.
Pros
we got the left-overs from breakfast or lunch.
Cons
hours wasn't flexible, unlike other hotel chains.
it was an experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2013
my typical day at work was coming in and get your cart to start cleaning the rooms that was assigned. If the carts were not stocked you had to restock them yourself with shampoos, conditioners, body was, body soap, towels etc and all the necessities that a room is required to have. I also had to vacuum, change sheets and just basically do what a housekeeper does to make sure the room is nice and tidy for the customers. Management was not so good, everyone was always fighting about something when i was working. My co-workers were individually great sweet people but like to talk behind peoples back to much, but thats life and thats jus what happens sometimes, you have to roll with the punches to get a pay check. Most enjoyable part of working i would have to say is learning the knowledge of becoming a better cleaner and more experienced so you can progressively work faster and be more accurate to details. It could also let you keep your job and let you get paid better. I also liked the work out and knowing that i did a days hard work.
Pros
learned customer service
Cons
people talking about things that should not be in the work environment
Good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2017
Generally a good place to work. Start time is consistent but you never know when you'll be finishing. It is occasionally beneficial on short work days but weekend are usually long.
Fast paste , Physical work, Fun
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 December 2014
Every day I would come into work about a half hour before we started so I could prepare for a busy day or a short day, my day would consist of 9 to 17 rooms a day, I had to have every hotel room that was on my board done by 3pm everyday. My manager was awesome I really enjoyed working with her, she had a positive attitude when she was at work. My co-workers were great to work with even though we were doing the rooms ourselves if some were done before others they would help whoever needed help to finish.
The hardest part of the job was getting the duvet covers on each bed it was difficult, it had to be done a certain way or it wouldn't fit. My most enjoyable part of this job would have been my co-workers and my supervisors they were just great energetic fun people to work with.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London Ontario8 October 2015
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes very messy rooms
productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 July 2017
The management is very pour , the girls to work with are awesome , i would highly recommend Hampton inn for a job choice , the hours are very low sadly as you start at 9 and leave when all the rooms are finished
Pros
free luunches
Cons
short hours
supervisors need the plan more efficiently and think outside the box
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 February 2017
supervisors could use better time management skills. duties can be allocated in such a way work flow more smoothly and time is better spent. in my opinion, the set up lacks planning

a typical day at work is making beds, cleaning rooms and washrooms.
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 April 2013
Cleaning anywheres from 12 to 14 rooms a day.
How other people live at home.
Management was really good.
Co-worker were nice, easy to get a long with most.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that nothing was forgotten.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was keeping busy throughout the day.
Pros
management
Cons
not enough hours
Hard working Team and great business,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2015
Working at Hampton makes you feel like your at home. Everyone is very kind, welcoming and goes the extra mile to help you with your every day needs. Working at Hampton inn has helped me grow as a person and showed me how a team can really work together to get a job done. I have had a great experience with this company and would recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Our manager will always bring us catterd food on our lunches!
Cons
Discounted rooms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K