Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

lack of communication
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 September 2018
Staff was nice but there wasn't a lot of communication between everyone. If you like to work by yourself not a bad thing to get into. not a lot of hours to though
Pros
independant working
Cons
communication
Hampton Look after its staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON3 September 2018
Overall was a great place to work. Free breakfast and lunch and lots to drink. Hampton took care of its workers. On the other hand associates display toxic environment. I was told "if you don't fight and talk back then you won't make it here at the Hampton Inn."
Grown woman fighting over linen and towel. Grown old woman would hide linens and towel in storage area and carts even when they are not working the day. They would also have their friends watching over their carts and boxes of linen hidden. Diversity culture has no respect for each other... NO respect for the house keeping, laundry manager . At the end of the day if you don't have a bully spirit to work there you won't stand a chance.
As I said very toxic environment in the housekeeping department. and very rough around the edge.
Great manager that means well to help the team.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Old staff toxic behaviour environment
Working as a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS9 July 2018
A typical day working as a housekeeper started off at 8am on weekdays and 9am on weekends. Our daily tasks included making each and every individual room as clean and satisfying as possible.

I learned that not everyone leaves with respect in the room after staying in the clean room us housekeepers gave them to check in to.

The management was great for the most part. We all had our days when we were stressed and busy but overall management always was aware of problems and did a lot to resolve them as quickly and respectfully as they could.

The hardest part of the job was getting what NEEDED to be done, done in the matter of the time we are given to do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to create bonds with such great people.
Pros
Hotel price discounts for employees
Cons
Hand on the body
very productive and a great atmosphere to work in.
House person (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2018
a good place to work, extremely helpful in all areas of the job. good management style an overall a good atmosphere to work in. it also has a great deal of diversity.
It was an okay work environment, lots of physical work for not such a great pay, also lots of drama
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 April 2018
The Hampton Inn by Hilton is an okay place to work. As a housekeeper, there is a lot of physical labour for not enough pay. Other staff member can be rude. There is also lots of drama that goes on which can hamper productivity. It is a good place to work if you like to do your own thing.
Not bad at all
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 March 2018
I enjoyed the freedom of working alone at my own pace. I also enjoyed the discounted rooms in the Hilton chain of hotels. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
dirty work
Needs improvement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 March 2018
It's not too bad of a place to work, the hours are there if you want them. However; there are NO perks to this job. No benefit packages for staff, not allowed to use the facility for own recreational purposes, and if you plan on completion of rooms by prompt times don't count on it, they DO NOT have enough linens for this. So you'll be doing ALOT of running back to rooms near the end of your shift. Never enough towels to restock the stays on a busy weekend. Not nearly enough room attendants so if you need days off, they are NOT flexible with your schedule and therefore no coverage for shifts. And if you don't mind missing out on that first morning break.
Pros
Cons
No staff benefit packages!!! Not allowed to use the pool or facility's gym, No PERKS to this job!! No paid morning coffee breaks!!
A decent place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 November 2017
I worked here for a while. It was a good place to work. The pay was fair for the work done. Ample time was given to do the work. Management was easy to approach if there was an issue.
Good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2017
Generally a good place to work. Start time is consistent but you never know when you'll be finishing. It is occasionally beneficial on short work days but weekend are usually long.
productive and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 July 2017
The management is very pour , the girls to work with are awesome , i would highly recommend Hampton inn for a job choice , the hours are very low sadly as you start at 9 and leave when all the rooms are finished
Pros
free luunches
Cons
short hours
work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS19 April 2017
The manager was great she was a very understanding lady , very down to earth , it was a great place to work . and the costumers were great . and the coworkers are amazing to work with
Pros
awesome people to work for, it was a great place
Cons
I have nothing to say .
supervisors need the plan more efficiently and think outside the box
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 February 2017
supervisors could use better time management skills. duties can be allocated in such a way work flow more smoothly and time is better spent. in my opinion, the set up lacks planning

a typical day at work is making beds, cleaning rooms and washrooms.
Fun place to work with great people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS8 November 2016
I loving working at the Hampton. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with and for. We work together as a team, everyone helps each other out so that we can all get our jobs done efficiently.
Pros
free breakfast
Fast paced
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 March 2016
Cleaning rooms in a timely manner.
I learned effective time management skills and communication skills. I enjoyed meeting new people daily.
Hard working Team and great business,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2015
Working at Hampton makes you feel like your at home. Everyone is very kind, welcoming and goes the extra mile to help you with your every day needs. Working at Hampton inn has helped me grow as a person and showed me how a team can really work together to get a job done. I have had a great experience with this company and would recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Our manager will always bring us catterd food on our lunches!
Cons
Discounted rooms.
great place too work inn would go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2015
i was working at the hampton in for 9 years i really liked it every one was great the house keepers the front desk was temedes too work for
Cleaning
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 November 2015
My typical day at work for Hampton Inn & Suites consisted of cleaning rooms accordingly to standards, paying attention to detail. Everyday I was required to clean at least 14 rooms per day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends and feeling the self accomplishment.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London Ontario8 October 2015
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes very messy rooms
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON12 June 2015
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
Pros
great company to work for
This job isnt for everyone
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing26 May 2015
-Hard working
-Staff non-reliable
-Management does not support workers
-Hot environment
-Lots of in house drama
-Favoritism is very high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K