Hampton by Hilton

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Canada229 reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,393 reviews

Fast paced environment.

overall experience was good. Good salary but no hikes. Fast paced environment. Flexible shifts. Overtime available. Great company perks like discounts in Hilton hotels.

Fun and friendly work environment.

All staff from every area, are wonderful and the job is enjoyable. Couldn’t ask for a better work place. Everyday is a learning day. The possibility of advancing within the field is amazing and achievable.

Not fair conditions

For a place to have safe environment everyone back stub eachother, on top of that there is way too much favouritism towards one but not other . Everyone is not treated equally and if you stand up for what you believe, or for truth , or if you are in right , you get penalized or fired upon how they feel about it, or treated unfairly and very rude . Not recommending to work for current management

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Unfair, too much drama favouritism

Dont work here

I would not recommend working here. Only get paid $15/hr which isn’t livable anymore. There’s absolutely no organization in the housekeeping room, only one person is allowed to fold the laundry, none of the housekeepers are allowed to touch the laundry, everyone gets paid the same amount regardless if you’re the head housekeeper or not. Don’t work here. (Also a bug problem that management won’t do anything about)

Pros

Cons

Work till u drop

Love

Great place to work at , would recommend to all my friends. Friendly staff, great management. Lots to learn. Right beside airport so you interact with lot of different clients

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Lots of standing

Management was nasty until the place unionized. Then it was nasty for the people who unionized.

Terrible place to work. They make you pay a huge chunk of your uniform which runs in the ballpark of $700. It’s a small town and they know they can replace you at the drop of a hat and they treat you like they can.

Fun workplace!

Management is great, the people I work with are fun to be around. Customers can be unpredictable and difficult but that is everywhere. Company offers great benefits.

Fun place to work

Great team but should pay industry level wage. The team and management is kind , there is possibility of moving forward up or to other sister properties.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Low wage

Very stressful

Huge gossip among the Management team. All they care about is saving money. So they can get a bonus in there pockets. Management does absolutely nothing to help but just cut hours and add more work in the time you are there. As they sit in there office or front desk and talk about all the other employees.

Wouldn't Recommend

Although the hours can be flexible and some of the managers can be helpful, there is a lot of gossip and un-organization that runs here. I don't personally feel that with the amount of hard physical work we have to do here, that the pay is worth it. Regardless of if you tell a manager something that should be confidential, the rest of the staff will know about it as well in quick time. As well, injuries at the workplace were frequently ignored unless WSIB had to get involved. It isn't uncommon for people to work 13+ hour shifts without taking a break even though they are entitled to them.

Pros

Some nice people, managers sometimes bring snacks.

Cons

Unorganized, gossip, hard labour and not enough money to pay bills.

Learning and hope to be permanent soon

I in myself feel proud to be a hotelier just want right people and good experience in life. Want to grow higher and achieve my goals to be best ever hotelier.

Very bad environment to work

They were very disrespectful at the location that I worked at and expected me to know where everything goes and how everything is done after a day of “training” I do NOT recommend this place.

Pros

none.

Cons

so much work because they are very underemployed

Competitive workplace, undervalued employees

Employees are constantly undervalued and understaffed, made to work unreasonable hours and then they will throw you away without a second thought the very minute the work starts to take a toll on your body.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Lasting disabilities

Filthy rooms, terrible management

When I started working for the Hampton Inn I thoroughly enjoyed it. As the shifts went by the guest complaints began to take its toll. The beds were rarely changed and stripped, rooms were never inspected. The management caused nothing save for more stress and anxiety. The general manager is very controlling and unwilling to listen to your concerns. The turnover rate is a reflection of this. In the end I left because of the management.

10/10 would NOT recommend

Hour were long and didn't want to work with your availability. They wanted full time availability for part time or less hours, and even after telling them of my second job they asked me to have the same shifts which would've put my work hours at 15 hour days of just work. Didn't want to hire extra Staff to be trained before it got busy so everyone was trained on the fly and would literally put the new people on the busy shifts on purpose. Management didn't want departments talking to eachother about anything not work related. When things got too stressful/overwhelming during shift they told you to ask for help. But then would get ticked off afterwards saying you couldn't keep up. You don't get benefits for 6 months which is probably so they don't have to actually pay for them bcs anyone who isn't a supervisor or manager quit or was fired before the benefits kicked in. Supervisors/Managers assumed they knew everything about everything and wouldn't listen to the people who had experience about the issues and legit solutions to solve them. They'd just tell you how to do it even if it was wrong/making the issue worse.

Pros

Actual co-workers were great.

Cons

Anyone getting paid more then you acts like it, pay NOT worth the headache, location is terrible if you need public transport

Horrible hours, Bad Management

Absolutely horrible management , horrible hours, wrong payment, zero support and knowledge from management, No breakes, almost always on call, No credits for any hard work you do. You are basically on your own.

Pros

Cons

Management, hours, payment, breakes, training

Not the best

Workplace culture is not very good. Housekeeping was treated as "less than" from other departments. Definitely not paid fairly in relation to the amount of work expected. Schedule wasn't always fair ex. having to work every weekend or working 9 days in a row then having 1 off.

Fast paced with great management support.

As hotel housekeeping jobs come, it was pretty on the nose. Training was fairly quick and they give a lot of supportive criticism if you are doing something wrong. Instead of writing you up, they help you do better. I worked there for a few years and the employees became like family. We all helped each other to finish our work.

Pros

Great team work, holiday parties, some holidays off

Cons

Inconsistent hours with dead seasons

Awful Management

You worked COMPLETELY alone from 5pm till 7am lots of back to back shifts, poorly managed, VERY unsafe working conditions. Favouritism at its finest. It’s a shame because it could be such an amazing place to work. The company and culture itself was GREAT, but the management of the St.John’s location made sure it was toxic.

Pros

Cons

The whole job.

Underpaid, Overworked

No room for advancement, horrible management throughout the hotel. DONT do it. Under paid and under appreciated. Save your self and find a company who actually cares.

Pros

Pizza

Cons

Everything but pizza

fun workplace.

Hilton is a wonderful company to work for, Hampton Inn is a very fun and relaxed brand and allows you to enjoy your time spent at work. the travel discounts are wonderful at 50% off rooms!

Pros

Hilton discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement