Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 6,091 reviews
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 March 2019
Working at the Hampton provides a great work environment, especially if you're in school because they have flexible scheduling and you can do your homework at work (If time permits). The guest service manager is absolutely amazing which makes the job absolutely amazing.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Working late
Loved my job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2019
I really enjoyed working in the hotel. I loved giving airport shuttles, and working with the different clients coming into to stay each day. I felt my job was rewarding making clients days great.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
shift work
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2019
good experience with cooperative other staff members and workplace environment was good and learn many things like how to manage the guests . all employees were good.
Pros
free lunch
not the best
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB21 January 2019
the job it self is fine. but the general manger doesn't know how to do his job. he complains a lot about poeple not doing the work and he has to do everything. when it is not true, he chooses to do the work instead of trusting his employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2019
The Hampton Inn by Hilton is a place most people don't like to work. They cut your hours short every day to make you work at least 3-4 hours a day then send you home, or make you only work once or twice a week. Management and all the staff are not easy to work with.
Pros
free pizza lunches Sunday's.
Cons
The time limits for each room
More work then you’re paid for
FRONT DESK AGENT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON10 December 2018
Privately owned managers at each location makes it very difficult to benefit or grow in the company. As a front desk agent you do a lot more than your job requires. It is very busy and there was a lack of staff which caused for a lot of overtime hours and a lot of running upstairs and downstairs to accommodate guests as well as do your job. I had to do a lot of housekeeping duties as well as my front desk receptionist duties as there is no housekeeping at night. It’s very difficult to watch over guests needs when you were the only person working in the hotel in the evening shifts which makes it very stressful and very labour-intensive. The benefits within the company are decent. You do stand for your entire shift minus your breaks of course, it’s very hard on your feet as it is a lot of standing and running around for approximately 8-9 hours. There was periods of time where I worked 12 days in a row and was given 1 day off after have been working for almost two weeks. I do not recommend this position to anyone looking to grow within a company or make decent pay.
Pros
Great networking with guests from around the world
Cons
Not paid enough for your job duties
Hampton INN review
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
Typical day at work would revolve around getting all equipment ready for cleaning rooms for guests. we would dust, mop, sweep, etc. was very easy if you already know how to clean. i had only done this as volunteer work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days
Not recommend. Dead end job.
Front desk/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 December 2018
As for alot of privately owned hotels. The Chilliwack location is mannaged poorly. With the desire to keep everything as cheap in cost as possible, they offer terrible wages with no room for upgrade, dispte what they say in the interviews. They also schedule back to back as a regualted schedule, with no room for changes to said schedule. And as for housekeeping don't expect more then 4hrs a shift max, and only 4 shifts on average per week.
Pros
New building
Cons
Stated in review
Worst place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 November 2018
Bad management and the workplace is very high anxiety. Only good part about this job was getting to meet with new guests and hear interesting stories and be able to provide them with the things they need. Other employees were very kind and helpful for the most part.
Pros
Guests
A good job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 November 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. Helping guests and meeting people from all over. The job itself is easy but there is no training and no help from management. Your left to figure things out by yourself as the manager acts like a big creepy child instead of a manager and the operations manager is a horrid human being. The schedule changes constantly due to high turnover and the only long time employees checked out of being interested in their jobs long ago, and are angry and rude. Favouritism and nepotism are your only chances at advancement.
Pros
Cons
Management poorest I’ve ever seen
Supportive and Flexible Management and Staff
Front Desk / Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 November 2018
Meet new people,
Able to enhance communication skills
Management is supportive and willing to lend a helping hand when required.
Challenging work environment
Cons
Pay is not adequate given tasks required
Housekeeping.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 October 2018
For the most part it was good place to when you first start. But if you are there for longer then 2 months you start to notice how unfair management there is. They do not promote easily or
it was ok
Independent Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2018
fast paced environment, professionalism is very important here. Would recommend working here as they treat you nice and the other staff is very friendly.
Best place by far
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2018
I loved working there and would still be employed if not giving a promotion to another hilton company. Loved the environment. Loved the management. Loved the staff. A one company to work for.
I’ve in joyed my time at the Hampton but it’s time to move the a more realist Job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 October 2018
My work day starts at 8:20am and I work till I’m done cleaning the rooms I’ve been given that day. My work days range and contain different hours, some days I work 4 hours then others I work 9 hours. From working at the Hampton I’ve learned to do 100% of the work the first time rather then going back and fixing what I missed. The management is the best I’ve ever worked for in my life, they are understanding when family/life problems pop up and are willing to work around the situation
Pros
The people who work there and one payed break at 2:30pm
Cons
Not enough hours and repetitive
good but bad at the same time
Housekeeping / Laundry (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 September 2018
My hours were never guaranteed and employees with less seniority were getting more hours even though I would come in on my days off for the company. They lied and promised raises and benefits which no one received. They gave every employee a raise but me because I called them out on the promises they had made and still did not receive a raise or benefits so I quit. I helped open that hotel, i was hired for housekeeping and I was helping moving mattresses , box springs, head boards and other furniture
Pros
Got to experience opening up a brand new hotel
Cons
was lied to about benefits and raises and discriminated against
Very crazy work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 September 2018
First of all was not trained properly and the manager at the front desk would physically bump you out of the way and get mad when you wouldn’t do something right but it was his fault it was going right. You have to deal with grumpy people during the night and early mornings and the hotel manger would try to make the front desk people go into guests rooms and check their things to make sure they weren’t ladies of the night! Also your expected to clean the bottom floor of the hotel even though there are cleaning staff that literally get payed to also do that. So your over worked. There is also a store that no one buys anything from that I literally never stepped foot into the entire time I was an employee. Also I only worked there for about 4 months it was awful for the beginning!
Pros
Free coffee and bagels
Cons
Everything else
Great co-workers, management and overall work environment.
Houseman/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2018
Well working at Hampton by Hilton for a six month period I had nothing other than an e excellent experience. Great staff with tremendous customer service skills.
Cons
no benefits for part-time employers
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 September 2018
Excellent place to work for. Great and fun atmosphere. Made lots of friends and memories. Good place for learning and experience in addition to the great management.
Nice place
Front Desk Manger (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2018
Nice place to work no issues very busy
Close to the airport
Very nice
Guest check in check out all night because very close to the air port and all for the arrival times
Cons
No insurance is provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K