Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

I loved it.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2018
My manager at the time was an idiot but honestly this was one of my most favourite jobs and if the hours still worked with my lifestyle I'd be interested in going back!
Working as a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS9 July 2018
A typical day working as a housekeeper started off at 8am on weekdays and 9am on weekends. Our daily tasks included making each and every individual room as clean and satisfying as possible.

I learned that not everyone leaves with respect in the room after staying in the clean room us housekeepers gave them to check in to.

The management was great for the most part. We all had our days when we were stressed and busy but overall management always was aware of problems and did a lot to resolve them as quickly and respectfully as they could.

The hardest part of the job was getting what NEEDED to be done, done in the matter of the time we are given to do so.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to create bonds with such great people.
Pros
Hotel price discounts for employees
Cons
Hand on the body
very productive and a great atmosphere to work in.
House person (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2018
a good place to work, extremely helpful in all areas of the job. good management style an overall a good atmosphere to work in. it also has a great deal of diversity.
rooms
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2018
its hard to finish 16 rooms and take your break people make it seem like they are doing EVERYTHING their supposeed to in a room but i know for fact they cant do all rooms without cutting corners
Good work place
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 April 2018
A good work environment, amazing staff, management staff great to work with. Having the opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay when in our beautiful city.
It was an okay work environment, lots of physical work for not such a great pay, also lots of drama
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 April 2018
The Hampton Inn by Hilton is an okay place to work. As a housekeeper, there is a lot of physical labour for not enough pay. Other staff member can be rude. There is also lots of drama that goes on which can hamper productivity. It is a good place to work if you like to do your own thing.
Great Place to work
Front Desk/ Breakfast attendant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON28 March 2018
My Manager there when i worked here was so understanding and helpful, if i did not move 3 hours away i would have stayed here. I worked at the front desk and the breakfast area.
Professional company, yet affordable and adaptable to your needs
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB23 March 2018
I love the atmosphere of this company. Id be more than willing to start today and bring my bubbly, professional but outgoing personality to this company. I'm eager to learn and excel!
Pros
constant learning of product and client needs
Cons
i have none
Not bad at all
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 March 2018
I enjoyed the freedom of working alone at my own pace. I also enjoyed the discounted rooms in the Hilton chain of hotels. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
dirty work
Needs improvement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 March 2018
It's not too bad of a place to work, the hours are there if you want them. However; there are NO perks to this job. No benefit packages for staff, not allowed to use the facility for own recreational purposes, and if you plan on completion of rooms by prompt times don't count on it, they DO NOT have enough linens for this. So you'll be doing ALOT of running back to rooms near the end of your shift. Never enough towels to restock the stays on a busy weekend. Not nearly enough room attendants so if you need days off, they are NOT flexible with your schedule and therefore no coverage for shifts. And if you don't mind missing out on that first morning break.
Pros
Cons
No staff benefit packages!!! Not allowed to use the pool or facility's gym, No PERKS to this job!! No paid morning coffee breaks!!
Productive place and thoughtful people.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 March 2018
I learned a lot of things while working at Hampton Inn and Suites. I have developed my working and communication skills and I highly recommend the place for people to work in.
Pros
Free Water
Work envirinment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
One of the greatest work environment. The team was great! They're the reason you'd want to go to work and take on the day's challenges. It's a privilege to be part of this team.
Hampton Inn Dorval
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC23 February 2018
Privately owned by an accountant who knew nothing about being a hotelier.
Great brand, great clients, great value
Hardest part was keeping the owner happy\the best part was keeping the clients happy
Pros
Free lunches
I love working at hampton inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 February 2018
Very supportive management and co workers. Employees are given even opportunities and benefits too. I love my job because I am able to meet lots of people.
Salaire minime pour un travail dur
ENTRETIEN MÉNAGER (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 January 2018
C'était bon, mais le contrat pour laquel je travaillais fut remplacé par un autre; un qui paye minimalement leur employés pour un travail dur.

Par conséquent, j'ai perdu mon emploi à l'égard du salaire, qui n'était pas acceptable pour la quantité de travail requis.

(Par exemple, je travaillais à la buandrie où il n'y avais pas d'air climatisé, même en été)
Pros
L'équipe
Cons
courtes pauses, mauvaise organisation, peu de respect
Environnement agréable et bonnes conditions de travail
Blanchisseuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2017
Le travail de blanchisseuse permet d'obtenir de l'expérience dans ce qui concerne la gestion du temps ainsi qu'augmenter la minutie dans le travail accordé.
Pros
Ac, radio, pauses, environnement agréable
Cons
Management, organisation de l'équipe
make money
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2017
Fun loving place
multicultural environment
easy to go to
best learning environment
best place to network and make connection for future
got good review from customers
A decent place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 November 2017
I worked here for a while. It was a good place to work. The pay was fair for the work done. Ample time was given to do the work. Management was easy to approach if there was an issue.
Would not recommend
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 November 2017
the hotel manager is awful to say the very least. The pay is not remotely worth the stress or the job and/or staff. Only worked here for a few months before I decided I couldn't sweat it out anymore.
Pros
free lunches and pizza every sunday
Cons
management, pay is bad
Good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2017
Generally a good place to work. Start time is consistent but you never know when you'll be finishing. It is occasionally beneficial on short work days but weekend are usually long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K