Hampton by Hilton
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Canada198 reviews
I personally think that not only this location but the whole hilton brand experience is an excellent way to learn how to interact with customers in a person to person way that suits human interaction. From greetings to problem solving they have their massage down and it was a pleasure working for them
It was one of the best jobs I had. I didn't get enough hours until I got promoted to work the front desk as well as housekeeping, that's when I started to get 30-40 hours a week. Sometimes (housekeeping) if the day is slow and everyone finished cleaning the rooms and the public areas we would be sent home early and some may stick around to get laundry done, but it does depend.
In short, they treat you like family.
Pros
Free food (breakfast, coffee, tea, get working environment)
Cons
Sometimes short hours, and not enough hours so less pay sometimes
My colleagues are so nice and I love the work environment. I love interacting to the costumers and I enjoy what I do a lot The management is great and they are very approachable at any given time.
I enjoyed my job at the Hampton.
Staff were amazing and everyone got along great.

I looked forward to getting up and going to work daily.

Surely miss that place.
They treat everyone fairly. All of them are very approachable, friendly and respectful. Benefits are very good. Surely will keep my job there as long as they need me. And We are all happy to give our costumer a satisfying and outstanding service for them to come back again and again.
Good hotel good people bad salary not full time good benfit
Fast paced from beginning to end of shift
Start the day, check reservations for the day

Count flount

Check out guests

Take reservations all day over the phone and by email
Pros
Has perks
Cons
On feet all day
It was a very good experience with the Hampton Inn was one of my first cleaning jobs the management was great and the staff also. They were well organized. If u like a job that keeps you busy then this would def be the one for you.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Find some weird things in rooms
Worst place to work corporate is bunch of morons. They company does not care about employees do not recommend anyone working for this company if you want to get hours and make money this is not the place for you.
I loved working with the room attendants. Most of the other staff were pretty good to work with too. Management on the other hand was completely different.2 of the 4 supervisor's are complete idiots.1 of the 2 manager is completely nieve.
If I could give this company a zero star rating, I would.
The management was abusive and the owners were just as awful.

I was subjected to verbal, racial and emotional abuse.

Complete abuse of power. The HR department is there to protect the owners not the staff.
Working at the Hampton was an awesome experience for me. I love working with people and the people I worked with were great! It does take a certain type of person to do customer service but if that's what you're into, I highly recommend it.
a typical work day was relaxed. Great customers and check in reservations. Manage guest phone calls. learned to operate software for sales. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy. The most enjoyable part is talking with customers and helping make their stay better.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not growth orientated
Working at the Hampton was a nice experience. They take care of their employees well and ensure no one feels out of place. the provide adequate training and answer all your questions
Overworked and underpaid
super high turn over rate

Management will take advantage of staff everyday

0 PPE for the staff

Hours are dependent on guest rooms sold
They would give me 35+ rooms to do a day and expect it to be done in 8 hours. Laundry was never ever done on time so you would have to fight for towels and bedding everyday. They have no benefits but they have benefits for the breakfast people They refuse to pay you any overtime, if you're there past 8 hours you you wouldnt see it on your check. And my boss would steal my tips...
The hotel is great and well maintained. However, the Management and staff are very biased. No room for advancement. No increase in salary. Customers are generally happy in the hotel, however, the staff not as much.
Hampton inn is an overall favorite of mine, worked summers for 3 years and it was by far the best job i have ever had it was fun and respectful and would definitely recommend it to my friends!
Fun and helpful co-workers as well as management. Always learning something new and can be very fast paced, depending on the time of the year.

I would 100% recommend working here if you are willing to ask questions and learn the best way to approach things.
I think this Hotel is an amazing place don’t get me wrong, the house keepers are amazing and work very hard. The front desk staff are amazing and work very hard at checking people in on a timely manner. The laundry staff work very hard as well to have limited bedding and towels done for guests. The Kitchen staff works hard to keep customers happy and well fed at breakfast. I think if they had experienced management the place would be a great place again. Current management not qualified. I loved working for the Hampton
I actually miss it a lot but the endless nights of working alone with a full house and absolutely no support from management was too much. I worked almost every weekend for a year and a half no time for a family life. Very unappreciated.
It was ok. Can be really stressful at times. Schedule was flexible other from that it was welcoming place to work and the hotel discount was great. You definitely don't get 40hrs a week cleaning rooms