Hamilton Volvo Employee Reviews

Great synergy! Productive teamwork environment!
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 January 2019
This is possibly one of the greatest, if not the greatest, business in Hamilton. Management is very quick to address any concerns and clear any frustrations and they do this professionally, accurately, and with your best interests in mind. As a salesperson, I had the tools I needed whenever I needed them. This means training, help from colleagues, product, lunch you name it, it was there. Turnover is common in the automotive industry, and you can find a little bit of it here because some people like to try new things but that’s normal. In my years with Hamilton Volvo I have seen it grow, I have grown, and I have fond memories of my time within the best environment to work for in the automotive industry.
Pros
Great training programs, colleagues, best support and sales tools
Amazing People! Incredible place to work!
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 January 2019
There are not enough positive things to say about working at Hamilton Volvo. My manager was the best, the most supportive, and incredible knowledgeable. Altogether, upper management of Hamilton Volvo as a whole is the BEST of any dealership I have ever known. They have proven to me that this is a place where people THRIVE. Customer service is incredible. The treatment of employees is absolutely perfect. Hard work and dedication are core to success here. They truly show appreciation. It can be fast paced, but, if you are smart it is the right place for you. It was a rewarding place to work and I wouldn’t change it for the world! I want everyone to experience working at Hamilton Volvo.
Pros
Incredible environment, supportive upper management, good learning tools
This is one of the best dealerships to work for
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2019
It is actually very rare to find a dealership that cares this much about their staff. Work hard, it is always noticed, and always rewarded. Management is incredibly supportive of you and has a strong understanding of employee’s strengths and how to make them thrive. This is a great place overall. Everyone feels appreciated, respected, and everyone enjoys working with each other.
Pros
Beautiful cars, supportive people, great location, amazing teamwork
This is one of the best dealerships to work for
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2019
Pros
Beautiful cars, supportive people, great location, amazing teamwork
If you put in the work, and your growth and income are incredible
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2019
Where do I begin. This dealership was an amazing place to work in many aspects. From the leadership, team, customers, service, and product it was fantastic. If you put in the work and show initiative in this company, you will have an incredible income, be supported, and have growth within the dealership very quickly. I have since moved to try another industry, but I highly recommend this dealership to anyone that wants a career in the automotive industry and especially a career with Volvo.
Pros
Growth and Income
Cons
Long drive from where I lived
12 / 14 employees and you will be treated like family
Luxury Car Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Not for new sales personnel, reason, you will be left alone and your direct manager expects you to complete your sales transaction .

saying that, once you re in the know there is no finer dealership to work for.
Cons
little management support
Poor management, low effort by some employees ruins it for others.
Senior Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2015
The management staff is the biggest problem here. None of the individual department managers are very active. In most cases the other staff members run everything and are far more involved in the traditional management tasks, which is surprising since the departments consist of 1-3 other employees. Some employees don't take their jobs seriously and put in seriously low levels of effort which spills over and effects the rest of the business.
Pros
Staff is close, ADP system has easy learning curve.
Cons
Parts catalogue, lack of support from brand.
family environment
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  hamilton on21 February 2015
if you were not family you were treated differently. not very trusting in your work therefore the work load was small. sales staff great from half other half snobs
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
untrusting
Great place to work freindly atmosphere
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2012
A steady work pace with quiet times but a joy to go to work.Management team is very fair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4