Hamilton Volvo

Hamilton Volvo Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Incredible dealership!
This dealership is very professional, success-oriented, and they want you to thrive here. They support you, encourage you and train you with all the tools and resources you need to do the job. If you are thinking about working for Volvo, there is no finer dealership to work for!

The service team is really great, and they make sure you have a lot of work to do.

All teams are great; sales, parts, and service.
Rude, disrespectful and condescending
Looks can be deceiving. As a luxury brand you would expect a luxury experience. Instead you are micromanaged from every aspect and from all management. Even management who have been there for a long time are treated like children by the owners. You will find your position posted on Indeed all the time (they like to be prepared they say) but it's an intimidation tactic.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, seagull management
Unrealistic job postings
It's amazing that a company goes out the way to promote itself while being dishonest and untrue. The owners are just out for themselves and have zero leadership ability. Stated salaries are unobtainable.
There are many better options out there and this is why the turnover is extremely high. Understandable when you have too many unqualified family friends holding management positions. Just a further reason to choose another dealer to work for.
The Sales Team and Sales Manager!
This sales team is wonderful. They understand each other with precise synergistic accuracy, are hard-working, and know how to have fun. This is a sales team that you want to be a part of. Also, the sales manager always makes sure that the team is selling and ensures that each salesperson makes the most income possible! Incredible!
Hardworking, Fun, and Supportive Workplace
Hamilton Volvo is great dealership to work. It is extremely hardworking, fun and supportive of your career advancement. The management whether in service, sales or parts are phenomenal because they are empowered and truly care about the success of their teams. They took me on and since day one I have felt supported and I have grown my skillset in this industry 10x. If you are looking for a phenomenal opportunity to sell Volvos, make a lot of money, and be surrounded by great teams this is the place for you!
Was a great place to work
I have had 7yrs happy employment then the management changed.and i was unable to continue with my employment. Such a shame what happens in a company
Cons
Bad management
Great place to advance your career
Hard work pays off with opportunity to succeed, grow your skills and your career. Great mix of team members who are focused on team work and growing our business to its full potential. Good work/life balance and a rewarding experience.
Pros
Team work, benefits, free lunches
Great synergy! Productive teamwork environment!
This is possibly one of the greatest, if not the greatest, business in Hamilton. Management is very quick to address any concerns and clear any frustrations and they do this professionally, accurately, and with your best interests in mind. As a salesperson, I had the tools I needed whenever I needed them. This means training, help from colleagues, product, lunch you name it, it was there. Turnover is common in the automotive industry, and you can find a little bit of it here because some people like to try new things but that’s normal. In my years with Hamilton Volvo I have seen it grow, I have grown, and I have fond memories of my time within the best environment to work for in the automotive industry.
Pros
Great training programs, colleagues, best support and sales tools
Amazing People! Incredible place to work!
There are not enough positive things to say about working at Hamilton Volvo. My manager was the best, the most supportive, and incredible knowledgeable. Altogether, upper management of Hamilton Volvo as a whole is the BEST of any dealership I have ever known. They have proven to me that this is a place where people THRIVE. Customer service is incredible. The treatment of employees is absolutely perfect. Hard work and dedication are core to success here. They truly show appreciation. It can be fast paced, but, if you are smart it is the right place for you. It was a rewarding place to work and I wouldn’t change it for the world! I want everyone to experience working at Hamilton Volvo.
Pros
Incredible environment, supportive upper management, good learning tools
This is one of the best dealerships to work for
It is actually very rare to find a dealership that cares this much about their staff. Work hard, it is always noticed, and always rewarded. Management is incredibly supportive of you and has a strong understanding of employee’s strengths and how to make them thrive. This is a great place overall. Everyone feels appreciated, respected, and everyone enjoys working with each other.
Pros
Beautiful cars, supportive people, great location, amazing teamwork
This is one of the best dealerships to work for
Pros
Beautiful cars, supportive people, great location, amazing teamwork
If you put in the work, and your growth and income are incredible
Where do I begin. This dealership was an amazing place to work in many aspects. From the leadership, team, customers, service, and product it was fantastic. If you put in the work and show initiative in this company, you will have an incredible income, be supported, and have growth within the dealership very quickly. I have since moved to try another industry, but I highly recommend this dealership to anyone that wants a career in the automotive industry and especially a career with Volvo.
Pros
Growth and Income
Cons
Long drive from where I lived
12 / 14 employees and you will be treated like family
Not for new sales personnel, reason, you will be left alone and your direct manager expects you to complete your sales transaction .

saying that, once you re in the know there is no finer dealership to work for.
Cons
little management support
Poor management, low effort by some employees ruins it for others.
The management staff is the biggest problem here. None of the individual department managers are very active. In most cases the other staff members run everything and are far more involved in the traditional management tasks, which is surprising since the departments consist of 1-3 other employees. Some employees don't take their jobs seriously and put in seriously low levels of effort which spills over and effects the rest of the business.
Pros
Staff is close, ADP system has easy learning curve.
Cons
Parts catalogue, lack of support from brand.
family environment
if you were not family you were treated differently. not very trusting in your work therefore the work load was small. sales staff great from half other half snobs
Pros
free coffee machine
Cons
untrusting
Great place to work freindly atmosphere
A steady work pace with quiet times but a joy to go to work.Management team is very fair