Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club

Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Hamilton Tiger-Cats has an amazing fan culture so working with this organization was always entertaining and a blast, even on super hot or super cold days!
The job might be posted as a "9-5" be prepared to work 8:30 - 6:30 or even later in sales season.

Sales season - It was frowned upon to leave your desk for lunch, they would bring in lunch so you didn't have a reason to leave. Forced to work weekends with no in lieu time off, therefore working 6-7 days a week plus 14+ hour game days.

Sworn at in meetings!

If you weren't "one of the boys" you didn't exist to them or the managers.

Once in ticketing you will NEVER leave. The managers have the ultimate say if another department wants to hire you - Even if you are the perfect fit for another roll. Therefore there is no room to grow or advance.

Environment is a dog eat dog culture - feel free to step on other people to ensure you don't get let go.

You have to fight for decent pay - if you're lucky you'll get it (doubt it).

Even if you are the best employee, do everything right, are "one of the boys", your job is never secure and they will walk you out at any moment.
Pros
Work during the games
Cons
Long hours, Never get time off unless for Christmas when the office closes, terrible management, the list goes on
Workplace culture and there is so nice i like there . i want to be a good player in there . insha Allah help me for this . i will do something very good
Cons
I am a current employee for game days and the job is fun for me. I get to get into the stadium for free, get to watch the game on my break and you have a huge team to handle things and you get help if you get stuck on something. I would have made this my career if I was not just hired for the game season.
Pros
fun, easy
Cons
minimum wage, no chance for progression
was a great work experience. Management was great at dealing with issues as well as working with you to solve problems. really enjoyed my time working here and would recommend it to others
A typical day at work for me; I get in around 6:00pm and prepare with my co-workers for the evening. Everyone is normally friendly. If anything, the hardest part of the job is standing in one spot for 6 hours. It's hard on the feet and with out proper padding in the bottom of shoes I can see a lot of people having foot problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the guests at Tim Hortons Field.

Though it seems under staffed and a lot of us do not get breaks, it truly is an enjoyable job.
Pros
Great view, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours on feet with very short break
Working for a professional sports team is a very demanding job. It requires you to think quickly on your feet as things can change with only a moments notice. It is a face paced work environment, with long demanding hours.

I enjoy this type of work environment, especially when surrounded by like minded people.
Pros
Working as a family unit
Cons
Worked outside in all weather conditions
Lifted up to 100lbs

Worked unsupervised the majority of the time

Had deadlines that had to be met for Pre-Game Events and during the game

Had to work in limited space and around crowded areas

On my feet for more than 12 hours a shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club?