HAMILTON SPECTATOR
View all HAMILTON SPECTATOR reviews

HAMILTON SPECTATOR

HAMILTON SPECTATOR Employee Review

Simple and independent

You must learn to be on time and efficient, outside work and must be able to complete your task in all weather conditions, I worked the age 12-15 branch so the adult branch may require more work days and security and such and higher pay

Pros

Stable pay for a teenager, good to build responsibility skills, No interview or resume required

Cons

Manual labor, Heavy lifting

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Carrier

A newspaper carrier is an easy job for kids to do. Basic and easy work, it doesn't take long to complete. A carrier rolls up papers and delivers them to the route given. Your able to complete this job even after school or another job.
Same roleSame location

great expericance

When I was a flyer carrier for Hamilton Spectator it was a great experience to have. It taught me the responsibility of having a job, and prepared me for my job I the future. It taught me the importance of time management.
Same location

Pays well, but staffing cuts have exposed toxic workplace culture

It was very cool to work in the Spectator building for just over a year. But elements of the workplace culture can be pretty brutal. Some 'lifers' including a sports editor who is an out-and-out bully bring the place down.

Pros

Strong union

Cons

Old thinking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAMILTON SPECTATOR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement