Hamilton Burlington SPCA Employee Reviews

Challenging and Fulfilling
Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2014
I started at the HBSPCA as an intern and stayed on as a full-time volunteer.

A typical day at work for me involved contacting sponsors, coordinating volunteer work, attending events, accounting and fundraising meetings. I worked closely with the Events Coordinator, and also with the Donor Relations Officer. The CEO is always at hand to help with anything we needed.

I learned a LOT about events management, media relations, graphic design, volunteer coordination, networking and not-for-profit charities.

The hardest part of my job is staying on top of everything: you have to be incredibly organized to keep track of all of the event details. There is one person (the Events Coordinator) in charge of putting together all of the events, and she relies on the help of volunteers such as myself to put together events. While some companies may have teams of people working on their special events, there were only two of us, plus a few occasional volunteers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling that I'm doing something good. I raise money to help animals in need, and hearing the adoption bell ring or seeing an animal go to its "fur-ever" home is incredibly rewarding.
Amazing incredible company/ institution, place to be.
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2014
incredible place to work. so uplifting, incredible experience.