Halton Healthcare Services

Halton Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Easy work bad managers
The job in terms of hard work wasn't that bad. It takes 5 years of full time to work to get to full wages and you only start as part time on call. So it takes way more the 5 years to go from 17$ an hour to 20$ an hour.
Don’t waste your time!
One of the worst places I have worked at!
Management picks and chooses what rules they want to follow and which ones will apply to what employees! If you do decide to work there get ready to suck up and pour your life story out of you want to be treated decent! Don’t give an opinion unless you are ready to be centred out and pulled in for meetings! Do not work for Oakville location! You are better to try for Milton
The emergency dept. is a great place to work. Everyone works together, very helpful and hardworking. Current management is amazing, work life balance is awesome.
Great environment and wonderful coworkers
Although I was a volunteer, it was a great job, had no trouble, and the environment there was pretty peaceful. I was able to pick up the job with the help of my coworkers within weeks, and was able to learn the ins and outs of the hospital floor plans.
Work somewhere else
Management does not value their staff. They pretend to care but concerns are just brushed under the rug. You’re treated as just another puzzle piece, and they do not work hard to ensure staff members are treated well by the public. Patients and family members treat nurses and other staff members horribly. Doctors can also be demeaning without any consequence. Poor work environment, and it’s getting worse. Also, if you’re trying to move up and advance your role/position, don’t waste your time, it’s all politics and favourites and they know who they want even before interviews.
Pros
Lots of shifts available because of short staffing
Cons
Master scheduling
Corrupted.
Recently, Union had been loosing power to protect the job securities of the employee, wages and promotions including clerical positions. This can be related to the HHS had overspent on infrastructures, and still owes paying benefits & pensions to those who had retired years ago. (same scenario to GM happened). As previous reviewer stated, HR is not helpful to intervene the work related issues and Unions tend to passing a buck. Favor-ism plays big on promotion than seniority and qualifications. Many of coworkers are all searching avenues to get out. Low pay as compared to other hospitals, why employee must spend for the parking $60 then?
Pros
nice coworkers since they do not trust management.
Cons
too many
Awefull
Worst company
Non-professional culture

Non-qualified staff

Not suitable for professional people

Waste for taxpayer money

No work life balance

All are working for their personal benefits
Toxic Work Environment.
Management is corrupt. They lie, cheat, steal and pick favourites. They verbally and emotionally abuse staff and feel so superior when doing so. Lots of gossip and bullying by management. HR is not there for the employees. You’d be treated better in jail.
Cons
Gossip, favouritism, emotionally abusive management, you’d be treated better in jail
A nightmare
I can't recommend this employer. I'd worked there for over 3 years at the food services. The people in the kitchen are your usual tom dick and harry... lots of gossip. But that was the good part, everyone's nice. The management... one had a high school diploma... very cold and uncaring. My immediate had favourites. Quit talking to me and bullied me for a few months before I was gone; very unprofessional and honestly can't say why they are in management. They've no friends/people skills. Lots of back stabbing. Best friend with HR. You have no one to complain to... awful atmosphere and you feel like you have done something wrong all the time. Bully by exclusion, gossip, false accusations and major repercussions for minor mistakes. 3rd manager does nothing. Plays on her cell phone.... what a circus! So glad to be out!! If you have skills/talent- they'll be threatened by you... idiotic!!
Pros
Nice food court
Cons
No room to grow, unprofessional management
Compassionate workplace that strives to makes patients' health better
I have worked for my employer since 1989 and that, in itself, proves how much I have enjoyed being an employee at the hospital.

I always wanted to be a nurse but never followed by dream, so to me this is the next best think to work for an employer whose main mission is to care for people.

The hospital is one of the larges employers in the Halton area and probably offers the most competitive wages.
Pros
Very competitive wage
Cons
Union environment leaves fewer jobs to apply for when you are non-union
If you dont suck up you wont get anywhere
Place has changed tremendously in a bad way since moving from old hospital site.
Staff seems to have no care about others except themselves and no team work!!

No time for break/lunch but they don't care!

Management has big time favoritism!

If you don't suck up big time you will be treated unfairly! Only those who knows and are good at talking will do well! Never mind if you work hard!

Or management are scared of some staff. Don't be nice! otherwise you will be stepped on!

They always work short and they don't replace staff!
Pros
If you don't have a life this is your perfect place
Cons
Too many to mention!
Organized workplace
Organized and friendly workplace environment, professional management.
flexible working hours and business casual dressing code.

Low-pace organization and high employee turnover.
Fun place
You walk into the sign in area sign grab your mops cloths and clip borad and go to your unit and start filling your cart and do everything on the list... its hard to do shift work when you have a family
Pros
you can do other things in the hospital
Cons
shift work
No advancement
Wish I had done more research before I joined. Most staff only complain through out the day, management is very heavy on favoritism so basically if you are not bff with your boss, you will never get upgraded which is a shame and a turn off for professionals who work hard and are educated and motivated.
This is from and word of mouth as well from many departments.

The work itself is ok,

If you are educated and want to advance in your career, that HHS may not be a place...
Great Opportunities
Worked with some great people and was provided with excellent opportunities which assisted in advancing my career. Very busy community hospital with a great team environment
This organization is very cliquey.
OTMH is an impressive building. I worked at Milton. It was okay. They had some mean nurses in the ICU! The admin staff was not supportive, it was major stress working there! The best part about the hospital is that the wellness department comes around with cookies and afternoon tea. Its called Kialo I believe. But this is so classy, retro and advanced all at once! Who serves afternoon tea anymore?
Pros
Afternoon tea for all.
Cons
Too cliquey, not open to newcomers.
Needs improvement
I was so proud to be hired but it didn't take long before that pride turned into regret. Management was horrible, training was below average, ingenuine team and they are one of the lowest paid in the region. I take full blame for not doing more research and leaving my future to a company that cared little for mine. Thankfully I could go back to my old job!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Management, workload, training and lack of team players
Great.
Great to work here and great people. Work is good and commute is very short plus the hours are very good. Compensation here is good too plus I can meet people here too.
Great secure place of work
Once your I'm their field of work you can move around to various departments of work
Finding full time work is worth the wait

You need to work various shifts including all hours of the day.

Mid night shifts and day shifts rotate
Pros
Amazimg pension plan
Cons
Lowest paid hospital in the region
Awesome place to work!
Very skilled and nice nursing staff. Knowledgeable and approachable doctors. Great management team. Reasonable work load. A place that I could see myself sticking to very long term. 😃
Pros
Great, supportive team
Cons
The only thing I could think of is too short training
Overall good place to work but...
This environment is best for people who are single or have a lot of free time, shifts are all over the place and not consistent. Pay is great but your social life is pretty much out the door. Everyone is friendly, there are great people here to work with but hours are long and a lot of times people are fighting for shifts.
Pros
Good pay great people potential for many shifts
Cons
Non consistent schedule, a lot of weekend and evening work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halton Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7