Halton Healthcare Services
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Working at Halton Healthcare Services: Latest Halton Healthcare Services Reviews

Canada48 reviews

staffenvironmentmanagementplacegoodpeoplegreatjob

Very unsafe short staff

Unorganized co workers over worked tired no team work and constantly changing staff. It used to be a great place to work with a strong leadership team. Sadly not anymore

Pros

Unlimited overtime

Cons

No breaks

Fun Place to Work

This job, especially screening, is a fast-pace environment at times where you get to work alongside coworkers. Super friendly staff, good coworkers, helpful managers, and good environment!

Pros

good environment, friendly staff, helpful management

Insights into Halton Healthcare Services

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Collaborative, Suportive Culture. SLT are strong and cohesive

Great organization to work for. One of the best cultures as documented by recent award. Leadership and management work collaboratively. The organization plans well and executes it’s objectives well. Would highly recommend working here.

Fast paced workplace

Lots of daily challenges but collaborative approach between sites and unit for support. Lots of opportunity to advance into different positions and gain new experience

Fast-paced environment

Halton Healthcare has a lot of opportunity to move around positions and help grow your own set of skills. It is quite fast paced as it is a healthcare setting, but it is good if that is what you are looking for.

They want your soul

Great colleagues. We all felt like we were on a sinking ship everyday, but we’d somehow make it. Management expects too much from you. Always short-staffed and our list of responsibilities were nearly impossible to accomplish because of the volume in the lab. I very often left my shift overwhelmed and exhausted.

Clickey staff.

Difficult for acceptance with current staff that are primarily new grads. Orientation not the best and not all parts of job expectations demonstrated. New staff expectations very high in a short time frame,

Pros

Good wages Modern building

Cons

Clickey staff Hard for newcomers

Run

Run as fast as you can. This employer does not care about RPN’s and they do not care to increase the scope of practice. Annoying working experience. The environment is toxic

Bad culture

Clinical care was horrible, difficult to work with providers that don’t care about patients. Supplies were low quality and education for clinical staff was poor.

Supportive and friendly workplace

Nursing is challenging everywhere, as we all know. However, the provincial government has failed this community by not yet building a new hospital, and this older hospital and its staff are cracking under the burden it faces. You will work with some great people, but in a very difficult physical environment.

Pros

small hospital, everyone knows everyone :)

Cons

small rooms, old structure, some areas often look unclean, have to move furniture to get to your patients

Save yourself do not work here

13 years I have worked there. Not even so much as a phone call or email reponse from them for interview in other positions. Management is horribly lazy and I would even go so far as to say that they provide unsafe care because they do not value their employees AT ALL! Save yourself the headache and do not work here.

Pros

Cons

Management is horrible

Exemplary patient care. Great place to work.

I have worked for Halton Healthcare for nearly 6 years. I have always come to work happy and ready to do my best. My manager is amazing as are my colleagues i love my job and i love making a difference in my patients’ lives.

Pros

Onsite parking.

Cons

Commute.

A hospital that doesn’t care about your health

If I could give a negative number I definitely would. My department management was horrible. I have a chronic condition and they were not accommodating at all and made it an absolute nightmare for me. It also took almost a whole year just for me to get on a chronic program which ended up not helping me at all. The actual job, well management micro manages you so much that you feel like you’re in elementary school. They also have their favourites who they give better shifts too. If you’re not someone they favour you can guarantee you’ll have the horrible shifts like weekends, or nights etc.

Pros

Most coworkers were awesome, like family.

Cons

Too many to list, some coworkers create too much drama

Terrible

Save yourself the headache and emotional abuse and find another place to apply to. This company is disgusting, especially the Oakville site. Evs department treated me like I was invisible. I wasn’t trained properly and then later blamed for the wrong things being done.

Cons

Always talked down to

relaxed place

Nice relaxed environment Customers are normally just the patients of the hospital. There are no benefits other than ten percent given off for employees.

Pros

10% off

Cons

management never responded quickly

Don’t waste your time!

One of the worst places I have worked at! Management picks and chooses what rules they want to follow and which ones will apply to what employees! If you do decide to work there get ready to suck up and pour your life story out of you want to be treated decent! Don’t give an opinion unless you are ready to be centred out and pulled in for meetings! Do not work for Oakville location! You are better to try for Milton

The emergency dept. is a great place to work. Everyone works together, very helpful and hardworking. Current management is amazing, work life balance is awesome.

Great environment and wonderful coworkers

Although I was a volunteer, it was a great job, had no trouble, and the environment there was pretty peaceful. I was able to pick up the job with the help of my coworkers within weeks, and was able to learn the ins and outs of the hospital floor plans.

Easy work bad managers

The job in terms of hard work wasn't that bad. It takes 5 years of full time to work to get to full wages and you only start as part time on call. So it takes way more the 5 years to go from 17$ an hour to 20$ an hour.

Work somewhere else

Management does not value their staff. They pretend to care but concerns are just brushed under the rug. You’re treated as just another puzzle piece, and they do not work hard to ensure staff members are treated well by the public. Patients and family members treat nurses and other staff members horribly. Doctors can also be demeaning without any consequence. Poor work environment, and it’s getting worse. Also, if you’re trying to move up and advance your role/position, don’t waste your time, it’s all politics and favourites and they know who they want even before interviews.

Pros

Lots of shifts available because of short staffing

Cons

Master scheduling

Corrupted.

Recently, Union had been loosing power to protect the job securities of the employee, wages and promotions including clerical positions. This can be related to the HHS had overspent on infrastructures, and still owes paying benefits & pensions to those who had retired years ago. (same scenario to GM happened). As previous reviewer stated, HR is not helpful to intervene the work related issues and Unions tend to passing a buck. Favor-ism plays big on promotion than seniority and qualifications. Many of coworkers are all searching avenues to get out. Low pay as compared to other hospitals, why employee must spend for the parking $60 then?

Pros

nice coworkers since they do not trust management.

Cons

too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halton Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement