Halton Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

A nightmare
Fs (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 February 2019
I can't recommend this employer. I'd worked there for over 3 years at the food services. The people in the kitchen are your usual tom dick and harry... lots of gossip. But that was the good part, everyone's nice. The management... one had a high school diploma... very cold and uncaring. My immediate had favourites. Quit talking to me and bullied me for a few months before I was gone; very unprofessional and honestly can't say why they are in management. They've no friends/people skills. Lots of back stabbing. Best friend with HR. You have no one to complain to... awful atmosphere and you feel like you have done something wrong all the time. Bully by exclusion, gossip, false accusations and major repercussions for minor mistakes. 3rd manager does nothing. Plays on her cell phone.... what a circus! So glad to be out!! If you have skills/talent- they'll be threatened by you... idiotic!!
Pros
Nice food court
Cons
No room to grow, unprofessional management
If you dont suck up you wont get anywhere
staff (Current Employee) –  Oakville25 December 2018
Place has changed tremendously in a bad way since moving from old hospital site.
Staff seems to have no care about others except themselves and no team work!!
No time for break/lunch but they don't care!
Management has big time favoritism!
If you don't suck up big time you will be treated unfairly! Only those who knows and are good at talking will do well! Never mind if you work hard!
Or management are scared of some staff. Don't be nice! otherwise you will be stepped on!
They always work short and they don't replace staff!
Pros
If you don't have a life this is your perfect place
Cons
Too many to mention!
current registration and admitting milton
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 November 2018
Terrible hours , no work life balance , worst hospital pay in the region , expensive employee parking and Union is also expensive.
Front line staff are fantastic, friendly and professional . Doctors, nurses and clerical staff all work well together.
Pension and vacation time are good .
Make sure your training is not rushed and that you are given adequate training before you are left to do a night shift on your own without any support.
Best part of the job is meeting all of the patients and working with the rest of the front line staff.
Worst part of the job is the mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts
7-7 Day shift
3-11 evening shift and
11 pm to 7 am night shift .
and feeling like you are always at the hospital working and only having two weekends off a month and sometimes on your weekend off you have to work a Friday night till 7 am Saturday. And that is your weekend off !!!!!
Pros
Front line staff
Cons
No work life balance
Organized workplace
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 November 2018
Organized and friendly workplace environment, professional management.
flexible working hours and business casual dressing code.
Low-pace organization and high employee turnover.
Fun place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 August 2018
You walk into the sign in area sign grab your mops cloths and clip borad and go to your unit and start filling your cart and do everything on the list... its hard to do shift work when you have a family
Pros
you can do other things in the hospital
Cons
shift work
No advancement
Admin (Current Employee) –  OTMH21 August 2018
Wish I had done more research before I joined. Most staff only complain through out the day, management is very heavy on favoritism so basically if you are not bff with your boss, you will never get upgraded which is a shame and a turn off for professionals who work hard and are educated and motivated.
This is from and word of mouth as well from many departments.
The work itself is ok,
If you are educated and want to advance in your career, that HHS may not be a place...
This organization is very cliquey.
RN (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 February 2018
OTMH is an impressive building. I worked at Milton. It was okay. They had some mean nurses in the ICU! The admin staff was not supportive, it was major stress working there! The best part about the hospital is that the wellness department comes around with cookies and afternoon tea. Its called Kialo I believe. But this is so classy, retro and advanced all at once! Who serves afternoon tea anymore?
Pros
Afternoon tea for all.
Cons
Too cliquey, not open to newcomers.
Needs improvement
Unit Clerk - SDC (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON18 November 2017
I was so proud to be hired but it didn't take long before that pride turned into regret. Management was horrible, training was below average, ingenuine team and they are one of the lowest paid in the region. I take full blame for not doing more research and leaving my future to a company that cared little for mine. Thankfully I could go back to my old job!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Management, workload, training and lack of team players
Great.
Administrative Support - Footcare (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2017
Great to work here and great people. Work is good and commute is very short plus the hours are very good. Compensation here is good too plus I can meet people here too.
Great secure place of work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 August 2017
Once your I'm their field of work you can move around to various departments of work
Finding full time work is worth the wait
You need to work various shifts including all hours of the day.
Mid night shifts and day shifts rotate
Pros
Amazimg pension plan
Cons
Lowest paid hospital in the region
Awesome place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 April 2017
Very skilled and nice nursing staff. Knowledgeable and approachable doctors. Great management team. Reasonable work load. A place that I could see myself sticking to very long term. 😃
Pros
Great, supportive team
Cons
The only thing I could think of is too short training
Overall good place to work but...
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2017
This environment is best for people who are single or have a lot of free time, shifts are all over the place and not consistent. Pay is great but your social life is pretty much out the door. Everyone is friendly, there are great people here to work with but hours are long and a lot of times people are fighting for shifts.
Pros
Good pay great people potential for many shifts
Cons
Non consistent schedule, a lot of weekend and evening work
enjoying my job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON17 January 2017
My day at work is to make sure that all the people are feed . Get alone with ca-workers and be a team to get ever thing done . My management is great i have no problem with i do my job and this are fine . The most enjoyable part of the day is to just see the smile on the people face there.
good
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 November 2016
Very small facility, therefore the jobs at the location was not easy to get. Good experience as a intern when I was there. Not enough opportunities for growth because of the size and services at the location I was at.
Staff Very difficult to work with
Ultrasound Technologist/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 October 2016
Doctors, staff, and management are not friendly and difficult to work with. Always complaining and feel entitled. No team work seen everyone out for themselves.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
peoole are unfriemdly
Unsupportive management and HR
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Various27 July 2016
I wish I could say better things. I really can't recommend this employer based on my own and the experiences I heard from other people. The CEO is fully aware but chooses to ignore.
worst place to work... pharmacy @ trafalgar
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON18 May 2016
Been there for several years.. pay is good.. but worst managment I have ever worked with. ..they have no managment skills. One senior tech just sit in his office... doesn't even know why that person is there. 6 months into the new hospital ... still doesn't have a work flow set up. Most are looking to leave the place.. very dissapoointed
Cons
bad work hours.. micro managment.. feels like a jail
Education and welcoming environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2015
Hospital staff are friendly and inviting. The management team is very helpful and welcoming. I found it very exciting to be behind the scenes of the hospital and view how it runs daily from an IAT perspective.
productive and fun workplace
co-op placement (Current Employee) –  oakville2 September 2015
I enjoy working at the hospital. Everyone are friendly and laid back. great environment to be in. very productive. The hardest part about the job seeing the patient sick. I learn a lot doing my placement there. hopefully i find a job in that same environment.
Pros
great environment
Cons
less hours
Terrible Managment
OTA PTA (Former Employee) –  Everywhere18 December 2014
The rehab team at HHS is wonderful, everyone is very kind and accepting. The manager for the rehab services is the worst manager I have come across. I have not met one person with a good word about the manager. If you are not part of the main team and are a casual employee you will be used as needed and then tossed to the side. As a new employee when you begin the manager will be very kind and caring towards you, you will get plenty of shift, a lot of smiles and promises. Once you have been employed for some time you will start to notice that you are getting less and less shifts, you will feel as if you are in the "bad books", there will be new hires who will be priorities to take shifts over you. The manager has a history of using favortism. Job positions have been given to people the manager is more friendly towards rather than who is more qualified. The Manager is not approachable or sympothetic.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Managment. No shifts for old employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halton Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Halton Healthcare Services Reviews by Location