HALTON DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Good environment
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Various locations20 May 2019
Good environment to work in on a day to day basis. Can be a hectic schedule at times, every day there is aways something different so your never bored of your job.
Hard work for no recognition
Casual Custodian / Fulltime Custodian (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 February 2019
A good job for those with no skills. Pay is good. Management is generally reasonable. Little to no chance of upward movement unless you know someone in the hiring process.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Dirty job
Great Learning Experience
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON13 September 2018
Halton District Schools are a great place to work they have an inclusive work environment beneficial to staff and students. The hiring process could be a bit more professional when it comes to hiring student supervisors not much prep or training is given
Great
Teacher of Spanish (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2018
The school gives all the support we need as a teacher and their environment is just great, and I had a really good time with my groups! Nothing to complain!
I love my job working with these amazing special needs students.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 August 2018
The students that I work with are remarkable and very special. i know that they are never going on to college or university so my goal every day is to make sure they have the best day possible and enjoy their experience at school it is important to reinforce skills and to provide encouragement, support and boost self esteem.
Any frustration I may experience is with other adults and not with the students. This is very rewarding work.
Pros
The hours and the students
Cons
Lazy coworkers
Love working here
Desginated Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 August 2018
Fully enjoy working in the classroom with a variety of children and a teaching partner. I love working with a team and getting to know the families and other staff members on a personal level. Each and every day is enjoyable and full of a new adventure.
School Teacher
French Immersion teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 April 2018
It's a typical workplace as an educator in a school. The board really needs to focus more on violence in the classrooms and ways to improve assistance to children with special needs or learning disabilities!
West Oak P.S is amazing
Educational Assistant - Supply (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 April 2018
current school is amazing
great team to work with
loads of supporting staff
learn so much from one another and students
always a pleasure to go to work each day
great place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 February 2018
each and every day was challenging and rewarding. Coming to work and knowing that you were helping to make a difference in someones life is amazing. I really enjoyed my time there.
Great school board to work for
Supply Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halton, ON12 December 2017
Really enjoyed my time with the Halton District School Board, the only reason I gave up this job is because I had to re-locate. Great environment, and met many great people and superb students a long the way. Would be grateful to be able to be a part of the HDSB team again.
Supply Teaching is very hard work
Supply French Teacher (Current Employee) –  Halton, ON9 December 2017
It's a difficult job. Students are not their usual selves and often times it can get violent in the classrooms. You have to be extremely flexible and be able to think quickly on your feet. It can be a rewarding experience sometimes but many times you are just managing the situation as best you can. You make sure to give the students their work or at least some busy work to keep them occupied for the time that you are there to supervise.
But the pay is good.
Nice Place to work always room for improvement
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON3 October 2017
Educational Assistants deal with a lot on a daily basis and are not paid what they are worth. Would like to see more advancement for EA throughout the Board. Depending on your qualifications you should be able to apply for all job postings not be limited to certain jobs.
Generally great students, but lots of micromanaging
Continuing Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 August 2017
Information my years of working here, one thing that has struck me is how every time a new person gets into a position of power, they need to leave their mark by making some sort of "improvement".

This usually just means more work for the teachers, without a strong positive affect on the students.
Amazing work environment with multiple opportunities for growth
Itinerant Designated Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2017
Fun filled days- each with opportunities to learn and growth. A job that will always keep you on your toes as you learn and interact with the children. Every day is rewarding as you are helping today's youth to grow and be the best that they can be.
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 June 2017
the culture and people are amazing, kind and honest and fair
management is approachable
The environment is warm and friendly
open communication in all departments, at all levels
Great Place
School Secretary (Supply) (Current Employee) –  Halton, ON30 May 2017
It is great to work at the Board. It is amazing to work with helpful and friendly people around. Always fun to help kids and work in the environment which is fully devoted to kids.
Great for resume
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2017
although this job wasn't exactly in my field, the experience of being apart of the HDSB was great. good work with good people with a great company - overall great
Fun, learning environment
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2017
i love my job because its been my passion. Its easier to love what you do if it your life time passion. My co-workers are excellent and i h the privilege of advancing myself individually.
Pros
my job is flexible and i have enough time to spend with my daughter.
Cons
the pay could be better
Great work hours and wonderful people
SUPPLY SCHOOL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 April 2017
Entering attendance, answering phone calls, enquiries from parents, response to student injuries and illness, student database and information maintenance
Pros
Great hours
Cons
inflexible
Early Childhood Educator
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 April 2017
7.5 hours a day Monday to Friday
Duty every day
Work in a partnership with an OCT
Class size of 15 - 35
Age range of children from 3 to 6
Report cards 3 times a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HALTON DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5