Halogen Software Employee Review

View all Halogen Software reviews

Okay workplace, zero advancement
Account Development (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON15 January 2013
It is a decent place to work wherein you have Pizza Fridays every other week and intimate lunches with the CEO once/twice a year where he takes feedback from every employee (not contractors, though).

There is no room to grow in the company. Compensation is very limited and basic where you will constantly feel a crunch and need for a second household income. Company has a "hire from outside/fresh blood" policy, hence do not encourage current employees to move up or across.

Good experience for starters, but you stop learning and growing after the 6 month mark unfortunately.

Other Halogen Software Employee Reviews

Work hard, have fun
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
The motto was work hard, have fun. Good people who treat people well. Strive for a culture of work-life balance but the results come first. Departments/teams can become siloed and like somewhat large corporations this can lead to a lack of communication. Overall a great place to work.
Tried to make positive change, but failed
UX Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 November 2017
Working at Halogen was a frustrating experience. I was constantly working hard to drive positive change within the company, yet was constantly shot down, dismissed, and made to feel like my role was insignificant. The company ran with a "sales team is the most important team" mentality, which means at the end of the day, the product (the thing sales are supposed to be selling) just got worse and worse. There was never any emphasis on the experience of the user, with product managers making software design decisions on a regular basis. As I tried to advance in my career and started making noise about how things needed to improve, I was "terminated without cause".

A company that values complacency over passion will never succeed.
Pros
Pizza fridays, some solid coworkers
Cons
Poor management that favors sales over all else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halogen Software. Our community is ready to answer.

Halogen Software Reviews by Location