Halogen Software Employee Review

View all Halogen Software reviews

It is a business that uses technology but doesn't really understand what it is capable of.
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2013
A blind eye to technical debt is what I would say is the main/only real issue with this company.

Otherwise, this is a great company to be at in terms of the people you will work with. I love coming into work for the people.
Pros
great people
Cons
salary is mediocre, messy code, old timers club, no stock options.

Other Halogen Software Employee Reviews

Work hard, have fun
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
The motto was work hard, have fun. Good people who treat people well. Strive for a culture of work-life balance but the results come first. Departments/teams can become siloed and like somewhat large corporations this can lead to a lack of communication. Overall a great place to work.
Tried to make positive change, but failed
UX Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 November 2017
Working at Halogen was a frustrating experience. I was constantly working hard to drive positive change within the company, yet was constantly shot down, dismissed, and made to feel like my role was insignificant. The company ran with a "sales team is the most important team" mentality, which means at the end of the day, the product (the thing sales are supposed to be selling) just got worse and worse. There was never any emphasis on the experience of the user, with product managers making software design decisions on a regular basis. As I tried to advance in my career and started making noise about how things needed to improve, I was "terminated without cause".

A company that values complacency over passion will never succeed.
Pros
Pizza fridays, some solid coworkers
Cons
Poor management that favors sales over all else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halogen Software. Our community is ready to answer.

Halogen Software Reviews by Location