Hallmark
Information from Hallmark:

Hallmark Employee Reviews

Canada173 reviews
It is a fun work
It is a fun job, i enjoy working with my co worker, we have respects for each other and work as a team, the hardest part of the job i would say is during winter when there is too much to do, but i learn to adapt the type of job.
Amazing Work Environment
My time at Hallmark South Edmonton Common has been the best experience i have had in retail industry so far. The manager is such an amazing person, who i greatly appreciate. my co-workers where all lovely individuals who i will miss working with so much. The business is for the most part very relaxed, which makes it a great first job, if that's what you are looking for. be prepared for the busy season which is usually June-December because of the keepsake ornaments ( which in my opinion is the best time in the store).
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Only part-time positions available no full-time
Bad
Not many hours for the amount of work need to be done

Very low pay, for the amount of work

Some heavy lifting, lots of bending and reaching

Flexible hours
I have nothing to say at this moment
I can't think of anything that i would like to say at this moment. I was not very happy with the management,i was always stressed working there, it was not a very happy experience there
Experienced, dedicated team
At Hallmark Canada, the employees are experienced and dedicated.
The culture is that of a family which fosters a positive and encouraging workplace. Those that work there are true "Hallmarkers".
it was fun, helps if you have a merchandising background
I enjoyed working for Hallmark, I had great training and if I found I needed another pair of hands help was always available
I left Hallmark because I had taken a full-time job and I didn't think I would be able to give the same time as I had been giving.
A mixture of both negative and positive
Hallmark can be great company to work for, but because some of the people usually have very bad experience. A large part of the staff are bias and racist. They ire there friends even if they are not quaqualify for the job,
Pros
Hallmark Cards is a very nice company
Cons
Too many bad people work there
Easy job
I love to work my current part time job at Halmark but not enough my salary to cover my everyday needs. I am looking job day time from 7 am to 3 pm
I want to keep my current job, but still need to find morning job.
fabulous place to work !
Hallmark is a fast paced fun enviorment ,every day is different as the product changes and the store resets with every season and holiday !

You must have great customer service skills to work hear, be a team player and be able to adept quickly to change ,and you must love Christmas as product starts arriving in June !
I enjoy working with Hallmark.
It started slow because i got hired in end of May and started in June. During summer holiday no one is buying cards in slow months you get a chance to clean up and learn how to change over once the September comes. Setup new cards for new season like Halloween , thanksgiving and biggest holiday Christmas. Management is so good they are always ready to help you, if you have any problem. Its great place to work and you get chance to meet new people and talk to them and get to know them.
The hardest part of my job was when the shipment is put somewhere else buy the evening staff and i couldn't find the product and it only happens once.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you pick your own hours and get job done in your own pace.
Dishes and kitchens
Collected dishes from desks, put in dishwasher, clean kitchens, 3 floors, doing the dust on all 3 floors and make sure all the dishes are put back on the kitchen shelf’s.
terrible job
Everything about this job was bad...as p/t employee was bearable. Management was incompetent and unprofessional : owners were only interested in making money and apathetic to employees complaints, and welfare. Corporate greed at its highest level.
Pros
Cons
management a disaster
Liked the work but management was indecisive and communication was poor!
Nice work; poor pay; poor communication between employees and management! Turned out to be a vicious cycle as the harder you worked the fewer hours you were given to accomplish your work until it was virtually impossible to get the work done in allotted time.
great job
i like the environment and people i worked with. Was very relaxed almost like family. I loved to go to work everyday because it was exciting and eventful everyday.
awesome job and co-workers
A great franchise owned by amazing people! Lots of new and exciting product every week. Had an amazing team of co-workers who made working there wonderful.
Very Welcoming Atmosphere
Hallmark provides its employees with a comfortable and familial atmosphere. They are also very aware of their employee's hours and unavailabilities and try to accommodate them as best as possible.
Fun Workplace
I met a lot of new people while I was a background actress. The environment changed with the changes in the scenes but it was always a nice environment.
productive
A lot of labor work therefor not an easy going job. Must have patience and endurance. Most difficult during the winter and very fast paced environment.
Good place to enhance Leadership qualities.
Typical Days starts with Dealing directly with Managers and Client. New challenges appeared everyday such as new assignments, special requests, short staff, Client complaints.
Productive and enjoyable place in the mall
Working in Hallmark is a fun. Place is in the mall therefore it is accessible to food court, groceries and bus stop. Work environment is stress free and productive
A very enjoyable place to work.
I enjoyed working at Hallmark and as such it gave me an insight into what is required when handling customers. I enjoyed the fast pace of the store and how it gave me an opportunity to engage with customers.
Pros
Staff Discounts