Hallmark Employee Reviews

Fun enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2018
I worked for Hallmark ( corporate ) for 4 years. No complaints.. great DM.. good pay.. enjoyed going into work everyday. Unfortunately hallmark Canada is closing their stores. I would still be employed there if our location wasnt purchased by a franchaise owner.
Cons
Working weekends
New management was horrible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON10 September 2018
I worked and the hallmark in Orleans and once they received their new management the store went down hill... workers were treated poorly and work was never fun.. when a complaint was made no one did anything about it.
Pros
Understanding customers
Cons
only ever got 3hour shifts and I lived 30-45 min away
engaging work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 July 2018
as I was only a seasonal worker, I got to know my co workers everyone was very welcoming. this job is very quick to pick up on there is nothing that is too challenging for anyone.
Pros
felxibility
enjoy working with people
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 July 2018
love working with people, loves helping co-workers,making sure customers are first .working in a store that has great stocks also makes going to work fun...i am someone who also respect my boss.
i am someone who makes sure people are respected. I also make sure customers come back to the stores again
Pros
lunch
Working in customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 May 2018
I enjoyed working at Hallmark especially around Christmas, The staff was great and the hours were good. I enjoyed my time there. They are now closed down and no longer have a Hallmark
Pros
Staff
Cons
they closed
great company
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON23 May 2018
hallmark was a great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement , but due to the economy in 2009 they had to let alot of people go, but were given a fair package.
Pros
great hours, with 3 shifts available
Really good for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton Common22 May 2018
Amazing people and easy going job, flexible hours and bonuses. Learned how to close and receive orders. Its perfect for students, can get from 8 hours a week to 16 and pay is great for the amount of work done.
Pros
Bonuses for birthdays and christmas
Cons
Really slow some days
Good starter job
Sales Associate/Key Holder- Duties (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 May 2018
Fun starter job when I was just getting into retail. Wasn't too difficult, and the people I worked with were very laid back. Unfortunately, card stores are becoming non existent and our store closed down.
A fun environment with lots of new experiences
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 April 2018
A typical workday usually consisted of unpacking and merchandising new product which was enjoyable because you could create new and appealing displays for customers. Employees always had a humble, honest attitude while working which made the environment very comfortable and easy to work in.
Co workers were very helpful, joyful and supporting
Cashier, Stocking, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB5 April 2018
I recommend this experience for those who enjoy a friendly face! I was welcomed with a smile everyday and had a very helpful tour. The customers were generous and understanding when they learned it was my first day!
Pros
Gentle setting and very welcoming
Cons
Short breaks and not enough management
Nice work environment
flexible schedule
not too busy
overall fun, enjoyable experience
entry level fun job
Co-workers friendly and job fulfilling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2018
The environment was so incredibly friendly. Being my first experience as a sales associate, I found it very rewarded and a great learning experience. The management was very understanding of certain health concerns of mine and worked with me to make everything work accordingly.
environnement agréable
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC21 March 2018
j'aurais voulu continue plus longtemps mes la boutique a fait faillit.
Pros
j'adorais travailler la
Cons
a fait faillit
great and fun to work
Office Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
working in night shift is the best part for me, because not busy and you can concentrate, but in the morning shift is a bit busy and lots of things to do, not like in the evening shift...
I learned a multi task job, balancing the time and good fit for up cleaning some areas in the offices..neat and tidy, be organized...
must be handwork and lots of patience.
Flexible work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 March 2018
Flexible work environment but no guarantee for hours or location. Little team support for Northern Ontario. Not a lot of room for career advancement at this location.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management support
Its a great workplace merchandising is hands on making displays with and without planograms.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2018
The store is a great working environment with great staff , we generally work alone on a day to day basis doing merchandising with and without planograms I am able to pick up Or pass on a task to a team member easily as we work well together and alone as well. The reason I am seeking other employment is with the new wage increase hours are decreasing .
Pros
Experience in merchandising
Cons
Not enough hours
Alright workplace
KEY HOLDER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2018
- staff was amazing
- management was okay
- learned how to prepare bank deposits
- typical day at work was very slow, unless christmas season/ mothers day/ valentines day
fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2018
a typical day at hallmark was restocking of the greeting cards or changing over from the season. greeting customers and helping them find what they needed. using the plan a gram to display the newest products.
I gained a lot of knowledge from the company on how to display products and to maximizes the sales of products based on their location in the store.
overall the company is great to work for.
Pros
Always had a sneak peek at the newest Christmas ornaments.
Great
Receptionist Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
Great team to work just need full time. Learned how to multitask more than before. better organization skills being able to depend on a team. Learn a lot about real estate and how the market works. the ins and outs about selling and buying properties.
productive work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 January 2018
Hallmark has hundreds of cards to choose from, with every kind of message inside. great quality items in the store. ornaments are always the pride and joy of the store, always excited to see what the new Christmas season well bring about for decorations, cards, and especially ornaments!
Pros
Love the Items and cards in the store
Cons
problems not dealt with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K