Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 3,254 reviews
It a great experience
housekeeping Calgary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2019
I had learned a lot of useful resources thru out my experience. I was training new workers, finishing tasks on time in very mannered and respected environment. It was fun and yet efficient. I got along with everyone that worked with me or was employed by me. It was fun and much needed for my resume I loved working for hallmark.
Interactive environment, I work with some great people!
Teritory Assitant Manager - Calgary North (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
There is no real typical day!

I oversee 12 reps for Calgary North. I have amazing ladies that work for us - and I get to guide/interact with. I assist my team in executing directives as/per company policy to ensure Hallmark is fully represented in the field to the best our our accumulative abilities to ensure all of our customers have clean, easy to shop and consistently displayed product for them to choose from. My days also include office time to understand directives Hallmark sends out to our reps.I work to ensure all of the demands placed on our staff are met to company standard.
Pros
Very Flexible schedule!
Cons
No possibility for advancement, or full time hours
Great people, Hockey and baseball teams
SHIPPER/LEAD HAND RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 February 2019
Generated accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports in a timely basis for the management.
Transport materials using various machinery to be sorted and placed into stock.
Responsible for the inventory using to RF handhelds to ensure quality control levels.
Managed and maintained a safe working environment for the staff.
Worked with several departments to ensure budgetary guidelines were met.
Recorded and maintained daily statistical information for the company for reference.
Creating monthly sales plans for the department while orchestrating the execution of each plan.
Maintained a current database of product knowledge and clientele information.
Pros
company functions, team bonding events
Cons
dusty surroundings, weather
very chill place, lovely old people as customers, you feel like family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2018
I loved working at Hallmark. You feel at home immediately, even when the store was quiet your coworkers would chat with you and after a few years you become best friends with the ladies there. I was very sad to leave but I had to. Lovely people who come in, ornament season is thrilling, lots of free merchandise, boss is lovely and caring. 10/10 would work there NOW if I could!
Pros
Lovely atmosphere, free merch, good discount
Cons
Cranky old people, long hours working alone
Challenging workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 November 2018
Morale is lacking. Incentives and opportunities for growth are non-existent. Overall, executive leadership does a poor job of managing and leading employees.
fun part time job to have
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB31 October 2018
- get into work and manager would tell me if there was any new product in the store.
-give us duties that we needed to complete by the end of the night
-help customers
- handle financial transactions
- completed the appropriate cleaning duties by the end of the night
Simple and easy job.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
Very easy customer service job. It could be very boring at times because of how easy it was. If you like a fast past environment I would not suggest this job unless you work during the holiday when it does get busy.
happy
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
I was satisfied by the way the management treat us, and they provide us with all necessary things not only for working hours but also we have good benefits.
Was like a family
Customer Support/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
A typical day was very interesting because of the position I was in. Over the 28 years I spent in Hallmark I learned everything I know now. the only sad part of it all was that Hallmark had all legacy systems, which you hardly find anywhere today. And that is what makes me feel so left behind.

Would not have left, if Operations did not move to Kansas City, US.
Pros
Life was good till it lasted.
Cons
The use of legacy systems.
Fun enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2018
I worked for Hallmark ( corporate ) for 4 years. No complaints.. great DM.. good pay.. enjoyed going into work everyday. Unfortunately hallmark Canada is closing their stores. I would still be employed there if our location wasnt purchased by a franchaise owner.
Cons
Working weekends
New management was horrible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON10 September 2018
I worked and the hallmark in Orleans and once they received their new management the store went down hill... workers were treated poorly and work was never fun.. when a complaint was made no one did anything about it.
Pros
Understanding customers
Cons
only ever got 3hour shifts and I lived 30-45 min away
Easy entry job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON21 August 2018
I worked this job while I was in school. It was easy and fun. My manager was very understanding with my school schedule but I did not take advantage of her either.
Pros
flexability
Cons
pay
engaging work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 July 2018
as I was only a seasonal worker, I got to know my co workers everyone was very welcoming. this job is very quick to pick up on there is nothing that is too challenging for anyone.
Pros
felxibility
enjoy working with people
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 July 2018
love working with people, loves helping co-workers,making sure customers are first .working in a store that has great stocks also makes going to work fun...i am someone who also respect my boss.
i am someone who makes sure people are respected. I also make sure customers come back to the stores again
Pros
lunch
Working in customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 May 2018
I enjoyed working at Hallmark especially around Christmas, The staff was great and the hours were good. I enjoyed my time there. They are now closed down and no longer have a Hallmark
Pros
Staff
Cons
they closed
great company
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON23 May 2018
hallmark was a great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement , but due to the economy in 2009 they had to let alot of people go, but were given a fair package.
Pros
great hours, with 3 shifts available
Really good for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton Common22 May 2018
Amazing people and easy going job, flexible hours and bonuses. Learned how to close and receive orders. Its perfect for students, can get from 8 hours a week to 16 and pay is great for the amount of work done.
Pros
Bonuses for birthdays and christmas
Cons
Really slow some days
Good starter job
Sales Associate/Key Holder- Duties (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 May 2018
Fun starter job when I was just getting into retail. Wasn't too difficult, and the people I worked with were very laid back. Unfortunately, card stores are becoming non existent and our store closed down.
A fun environment with lots of new experiences
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 April 2018
A typical workday usually consisted of unpacking and merchandising new product which was enjoyable because you could create new and appealing displays for customers. Employees always had a humble, honest attitude while working which made the environment very comfortable and easy to work in.
Co workers were very helpful, joyful and supporting
Cashier, Stocking, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB5 April 2018
I recommend this experience for those who enjoy a friendly face! I was welcomed with a smile everyday and had a very helpful tour. The customers were generous and understanding when they learned it was my first day!
Pros
Gentle setting and very welcoming
Cons
Short breaks and not enough management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K