Halliburton Employee Reviews for Engineer

Interesting, lucrative, but no loyalty to employees
Completions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL28 September 2017
I worked in completions as an engineer. I started after a short stint with an oil company, and moved here to pursue a career with more field work.

The training is top notch. Halliburton gives you the tools to learn and succeed in your career.

The work is technically interesting, and in my small office it was diverse. It was demanding at times, and time in the field is often non negotiable and unexpected.

The culture wasn't what I expected. Hard work wasn't rewarded and it's easy to burn out given the work thats required. Most people I knew were always talking about a way out, moving to another company or career by taking the skills they had learned from Halliburton.

When the industry took a down turn, my office did little to help it's employees. There were widespread cuts, and questionable layoffs for months.
Pros
training, diverse work
Cons
demanding, no loyalty
Halliburton.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal12 September 2017
It is a great place to work, although you would need to establish your goals clearly before or once you are on the job, for instance, you will be away from home for long periods, so compromise and commitment from your part should be a must.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Being far from home and cities for extended periods
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 March 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.